What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 1st April 8:05pm @BlueBet Stadium

Lol, I'm a cancer survivor so losing a game of football doesn't bother me at all, I'm just glad that I'm still here to watch the game. ;)

All good my friend, but you didn’t survive to have put up with Cleary sounding like he’s a $2 shop bargain hunter!

He should apply for job as a road cone, he’d have more friends.

Now the Panther celebrations begin, which player is going to send the Panthers club down the toilet this time?

Dylan Edwards my motm as predicted here.

Nice touch from Latts after the game. @murraymob pushed her into the ball. You can see it on replay. He’s the big guy wearing an elk costume with the antlers.

callmack1

Staff member
Ughhh I am so frickin frustrated!! So frustrated. A real case of what could have been that game.

Firstly, I want to give credit to Penrith. As much as I hate them, they were the better side and deserved the win. So well done to you Panthers fans, it was a hard game. You should be proud of your team.

If we hold the ball better we're in that game. It's as simple as that. But my god, we just make it so bloody hard for ourselves don't we? I really do believe that if we hold the ball better, we win that or at least make it really really close. All week the talk was about completion rate and what do we do?? Drop the bloody ball all game!! At crucial times!! Unforced errors many of them too. We killed ourselves!! How many tries did the Panthers score off the back of our errors? How many opportunities did we throw away because of our errors.... AGAIN!!! 64% our completion rate was. That is just diabolical and you're never going to beat Penrith with a completion rate like that. You're going to find it hard to win most games with that. The thing is, the boys know this yet it still happens. It needs to be fixed and it needs to be fixed quickly.

Edge defence was terrible at times too. Poor reads, poor tackle attempts, poor efforts. They scored 4 tries down that right edge and a few of them I really do think we could have stopped if there was more effort shown. Five tries we conceded, that is simply not good enough. Again, many of those tries came off the back of our errors so Penrith shouldn't have even been in that position but the fact of the matter is, we still couldn't shut down the play when they scored and two of those tries I certainly think we could have stopped with better scramble defence.

It's just so, so frustrating because our attack was pretty good. We showed we can break them down, we just didn't give ourselves enough opportunity to do so. We really did show something because we went with them for half an hour when we stopped dropping the ball. In fact, we were all over them and the better team throughout that period. It shows that when we click, we're hard to stop but we just kill ourselves. That's just so frustrating because I know we had it in us, I know it!!

I thought some of the refereeing was shocking tonight too but I'll go into that more tomorrow and we can't use it as an excuse.

Have I mentioned that I'm frustrated?? Ughhh a game that certainly got away. Get things right and we have one hell of a team. What could have been tonight......

You really are clutching at straws SP..lol..how are your Tigpies going?..having to latch onto South's, and even that had backfired on you..

That’s what Alice should have come back at me with, but she’s still eating her kebab.

254F9975-3BF1-4DCD-AFD1-047AECBD4560.jpeg

Then back to her pet game attendees.

AA64A1DF-441F-4772-894E-8D177D933E1F.jpeg

Big game tonight, many of Alice’s wingless flies will get squashed on their way to the club.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Ughhh I am so frickin frustrated!! So frustrated. A real case of what could have been that game.

Firstly, I want to give credit to Penrith. As much as I hate them, they were the better side and deserved the win. So well done to you Panthers fans, it was a hard game. You should be proud of your team.

If we hold the ball better we're in that game. It's as simple as that. But my god, we just make it so bloody hard for ourselves don't we? I really do believe that if we hold the ball better, we win that or at least make it really really close. All week the talk was about completion rate and what do we do?? Drop the bloody ball all game!! At crucial times!! Unforced errors many of them too. We killed ourselves!! How many tries did the Panthers score off the back of our errors? How many opportunities did we throw away because of our errors.... AGAIN!!! 64% our completion rate was. That is just diabolical and you're never going to beat Penrith with a completion rate like that. You're going to find it hard to win most games with that. The thing is, the boys know this yet it still happens. It needs to be fixed and it needs to be fixed quickly.

Edge defence was terrible at times too. Poor reads, poor tackle attempts, poor efforts. They scored 4 tries down that right edge and a few of them I really do think we could have stopped if there was more effort shown. Five tries we conceded, that is simply not good enough. Again, many of those tries came off the back of our errors so Penrith shouldn't have even been in that position but the fact of the matter is, we still couldn't shut down the play when they scored and two of those tries I certainly think we could have stopped with better scramble defence.

It's just so, so frustrating because our attack was pretty good. We showed we can break them down, we just didn't give ourselves enough opportunity to do so. We really did show something because we went with them for half an hour when we stopped dropping the ball. In fact, we were all over them and the better team throughout that period. It shows that when we click, we're hard to stop but we just kill ourselves. That's just so frustrating because I know we had it in us, I know it!!

I thought some of the refereeing was shocking tonight too but I'll go into that more tomorrow and we can't use it as an excuse.

Have I mentioned that I'm frustrated?? Ughhh a game that certainly got away. Get things right and we have one hell of a team. What could have been tonight......
Agreed Callmack..South's were scary good when on their game..just not on their game enough tonight..reduce your errors and you will run a train through most of the comp..we would love to see you guys at the pointy end of the season..fyi..that Ilias kid has got some guts and talent..

That aborted come back …was disappointing, you should have kicked on in recovery. What happened?

The bunnies, you just have to fight every single second against the Smug. They don’t know how to stop.

Ffs their bench is kick ass.

And even young Edwards is looking state of origin.

I can’t believe I just typed that, but he’d have to be in the mix after tonight.

It’s also impossible to beat a side if their most unfancied and forgettable player has an origin performance.

The world is a bit upside down.

Met them at the wrong time.

Shout out to AJ tonight. Tried hard.

Last edited:

Steenson123

Juniors
Ya gotta stop..it's embarrassing..lol
Pal look up whre the NRL ranks in International Sports. Its near last.
In 1995 the SMH had a disturbing article on the Grand Final Manly v Canterbury. It read "No one watching NRL pinnacle".
No one watching in the globe save for parts of Nthn England, Brisbane and here. No international audience whatsoever. Personally I feel embarrassed. No international interest. What does this say about this country? Billions around the globe could care less about proceedings here. Irrelevant.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Pal look up whre the NRL ranks in International Sports. Its near last.
In 1995 the SMH had a disturbing article on the Grand Final Manly v Canterbury. It read "No one watching NRL pinnacle".
No one watching in the globe save for parts of Nthn England, Brisbane and here. No international audience whatsoever. Personally I feel embarrassed. No international interest. What does this say about this country? Billions around the globe could care less about proceedings here. Irrelevant.
Of course we are irrelevant on a world scale..but Penrith is only focussed on winning the NRL..not the Champions League! Maybe if South's stop buying into Rusty turning them into a global brand (which you clearly seemed concerned about), and worried more about the results..they would truly be unstoppable..

GGTSS

Juniors
I'm not one to insult our players but Paulo isn't up to first grade standard, at least currently. I think the centre experiment has rattled him and a period in reserve grade can get him back where he needs to be. Unfavourable opinion but Mansour can at least bring the ball back with some venom. The other option which I don't think they'll go with is to look at Chee-Kam as a centre and Milne on the wing.

In the back of our minds, I don’t think any of us didn’t wonder about the composure and stealth Renno would have added to that recovery event tonight.

I remember the surprise grubbers he’d put through for runners. The structured attack. The high kicks to get people in the next suburb behind him on side. Jam packed with options for every footy attack scenario possible. A bit slower these days, but still capable.

Maybe Brisbane will swap him?

Last edited:
I'm not one to insult our players but Paulo isn't up to first grade standard, at least currently. I think the centre experiment has rattled him and a period in reserve grade can get him back where he needs to be. Unfavourable opinion but Mansour can at least bring the ball back with some venom. The other option which I don't think they'll go with is to look at Chee-Kam as a centre and Milne on the wing.

MCK is injury stop gap. I can’t see a compelling case to play him willingly… yet.

Paulo is a work in progress for sure. But he has a pulse. Rattled thesis? Yes I agree, perhaps the Centre damage is worse than we thought.

But Edwards has been more or less factory until this year. So some persistence seems to improve some players. He had a Remarkable game tonight. Good on him. Every dog has his day lol.

Last edited: