What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Team vs Knights

betcats

Referee
I thought Peachey with ET, were our best on the weekend. Find it hilarious that people are willing to put it all on John for an average game against the Roosters but completely bypass Cartwright this week who was terrible. Having John in the side at least gives us some balance even if he isn't the second coming of Fittler.

If John is out, Peach needs to be 5/8th. Found it strange he wasn't there last week.

McKendry back to the bench (or dropped), Lats or Anderson into the starting side. If BMM was fit, he'd be a walk up start as well. Maybe even look at T Sop at the expense of Manu, although other than last week, I think hes been OK.

Idris and Mansour will work their defence out. I wouldn't be making any major changes there.

Agree with a lot of this, Bryce should not play 5/8 imo already he tries to much fancy stuff when playing in the backrow putting him in the halves seems like it would encourage that.

Last edited:

Frankus

Juniors
On Saturday we played poorly, no two ways about it. Credit to the Knights and four wins on the trot.

The difficulty in backing up from last season is the expectations from us as fans and in the media. Alot of Panther supporters seem to think we are certainties for the top 4 and basically have one hand on the trophy.

I don't believe we can win the comp with Wallace at 7. He tries hard and he's a solid toiler but we need someone with more creativity, and inparticular a stronger kicking game. For a half, his kicking game is below average.

Monday night is shaping as a pretty important game for both sides.

chrisD

Coach
We finished top 4 last season and are playing much better football now than we were this time last season. Our front row has even been good at times instead of just blanket shit like they were last season. We've even got backline plays producing points in our left instead of just being a battering ram. Only structural problem with the team is that left hand defensive edge. And Cleary has to get the intensity back up to where it was in the first few rounds.

broncos2010

Juniors
Oh hi boys thought I d pop by and see how you guys are going, hmm bit weird but I just checked that ladder and it has broncos 3-1 and panthers 2-2.

Don't worry you guys will get your easy games soon enough starting with this weekend.

BxTom

Bench
Didn't know we were playing the Broncos this weekend. When did the schedule change?

Tom.

kiwipete

Juniors
Cartwright wasn't invisible out there. That's the main problem I had with John. I'd rather a bad game then just nothing.

I'd run this pack

RCG
Seg
Latimore
Yeo
Peachey
Taylor

Brown
Cartwright
Kite
Sopoaga.

I really think it is time that Kite and McHendry stopped being automatic starters along with Manu they seem to be getting by on reputation without having to do the hard yards. Sam has been missing in action but should be told to perform or have a rest and Kite started well but looks tired for mine. Manu...well I can't get excited about him at all.

My Pack would be:
McHendry [1 more chance or hook him]
Segs [automitic pick]
Lats [Only prop earning his keep]
Brown [Workrate and tough]
Peachey [X Factor in the starting side to fire our boys up]
Taylor [Tireless worker, low error rate]

RCG [Young,big,strong]
Anderson [Strong,quick feet,no mistakes]
Cartwright [ The other X factor]
BMM[when fit, terrorises out wide]
Yeo [Can only get better,raw boned strength and speed]

I think our backs can only improve if this pack can go forward for them and someone steps up with a kicking game to match Sowies, otherwise we will struggle. IMO.

Pomoz

Bench
I thought Peachey with ET, were our best on the weekend. Find it hilarious that people are willing to put it all on John for an average game against the Roosters but completely bypass Cartwright this week who was terrible. Having John in the side at least gives us some balance even if he isn't the second coming of Fittler.
A bit harsh mate. He was told he was 5/8th in the warm up. He had no chance to train or even get his head around what he was expected to do. He was certainly better defensively in that position than John would be, but he is no Lockyer and to be fair, isn't supposed to be.

I think you need to add RCG to the list of "best". Considering this is his debut year and the Knights had some hard heads belting us, he played with plenty of guts. Sam should give him half his wages as a reflection of who did the work in that game.

Come on Sam, wake up!

Kilkenny

Coach
Another season and already injuries are proving costly and problematic for us.

We started poorly in this game against the Knights and the game was largely over in the first 20.

We sorta got back into the game without ever really looking convincing.

I was disappointed in one or two players but I'll refrain at this stage from naming them or calling for wholesale changes.

This week's game against Nth Qld is already shaping as a must win for us and at the same time it is no gimme two points.

The loss of Lewis Brown for the next couple of weeks is another blow as he really is very consistent and never put's in a bad one unlike some others.

Latest posts