What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs Eels

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No need for an apology IMO. I think the bar for the political correctness hurdle can be lowered just a little in a footy forum. I agreed with your comment anyway. It's a heavy body contact sport. Many of the things that get penalised these days are utterly ridiculous. Deliberately attempting to injure another player, or succeeding in doing so, has always penalisable at the refs discretion. It's not a ballet!
It's not a PC thing. It's about overeactions from the refs and their bosses. I saw heavier tackles in the women's game so those old stereotypes don't apply.

Mojo

Bench
It's not a PC thing. It's about overeactions from the refs and their bosses. I saw heavier tackles in the women's game so those old stereotypes don't apply.
Yes, point taken. I recall Tariq saying he and his brothers believed their sister was the hardest hitter in the family.

Illusion

Bench
Going by the press conference Hook is happy with Mbye so enjoy this shit show.
What a dead set hand on it is that ....... That shows the difference between Bellamy and Hook , no way the Storm would be happy with 48 points put on them then say he was happy with players ..... So the bar is set soooo low for us that Hook can find positives in all that ..... Hook and Hunt look like stunned Mullets in the Presser ......

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
I would prefer not to add to the negativity here, but one thing that has worried me for years is how often our kicking game is decidedly inferior to our opponents. It worries me because it is a skill easily improved with dedicated practice. I have read lots of criticism of Mbye's performance at fullback but taking the bombs was so much easier for Gutherson because the high balls (skill) and/or chase (effort) from our boys weren't good enough. Exactly the same comparison could be made in the Panthers' game (compare the time and space for Edwards compared to Rava) and vs the Sharks (compare Sloan who wasn't given an inch up against Kennedy). Particularly puzzling is that Jamie S is in the coaching ranks. Is Ben Hunt too old a dog to learn new tricks or at least strive to improve? What about Amone? He doesn't look a natural kicker but worse still is that he doesn't seemed to have improved over the long pre-season. Just one further comment - Feagai again looked solid on the wing. I thought he did enough last season to claim the spot. I hope he stays there now.

Dragon David

First Grade
Some more bad news.
Lawrie was not charged by the match review committee for his chicken wing tackle.
He is a plodder with no ball skills and a waste of time.
I don't know what the club sees in him.
Well that is surprising. Maybe the MRC is becoming a bit lenient towards the Dragons for the time being? but yes, Lawrie is a plodder and is not feared in any way by the opposition imo.

jeffdragon

Bench
I would prefer not to add to the negativity here, but one thing that has worried me for years is how often our kicking game is decidedly inferior to our opponents. It worries me because it is a skill easily improved with dedicated practice. I have read lots of criticism of Mbye's performance at fullback but taking the bombs was so much easier for Gutherson because the high balls (skill) and/or chase (effort) from our boys weren't good enough. Exactly the same comparison could be made in the Panthers' game (compare the time and space for Edwards compared to Rava) and vs the Sharks (compare Sloan who wasn't given an inch up against Kennedy). Particularly puzzling is that Jamie S is in the coaching ranks. Is Ben Hunt too old a dog to learn new tricks or at least strive to improve? What about Amone? He doesn't look a natural kicker but worse still is that he doesn't seemed to have improved over the long pre-season. Just one further comment - Feagai again looked solid on the wing. I thought he did enough last season to claim the spot. I hope he stays there now.
One thing that worries me is that even when we win it's always a 80 minute.struggle.

Maddragon99

Juniors
He wouldn't make first grade at any decent club.
Why we resigned him.is beggars belief.
It hasn’t taken long for our season to start unraveling, desperate team selections & a cricket score put on us.

I guess the warning sign was there when Griffin was extended in the preseason, dumb decision.

Thank god for the NRLW Sowie & the girls are playing great! I don’t foresee the boys making a GF anytime soon.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
And further we very rarely put pressure on opposition teams kickers....example was on Sunday when Moses had time to part the waters before he executed those towering bombs

Illusion

Bench
And further we very rarely put pressure on opposition teams kickers....example was on Sunday when Moses had time to part the waters before he executed those towering bombs
Yep was screaming at the telly that no one had the urgency to put pressure on him ...... Too slow across the park its going to be a loooong season can't blame the B.B.Q now ......

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
You are right BSE. Our line speed is virtually non existent. The first few tackles of the first of the defensive sets of the half, it exists. After a couple of tackles it is back to one step forward, stop and brace, then wait for the opposition player to run to you. It gives the opposition at least 9 metres every set! I want a team that produces top defensive line speed for 80 minutes, not 5 minutes! If Gentle is the defensive coach, he needs to work a lot harder with the team.

Mojo

Bench
There were three Moseses on the field and only one was leading the way to the promised land. The Israelites have almost lost all faith in the others and have settled somewhere in the dessert.

Mojo

Bench
You are right BSE. Our line speed is virtually non existent. The first few tackles of the first of the defensive sets of the half, it exists. After a couple of tackles it is back to one step forward, stop and brace, then wait for the opposition player to run to you. It gives the opposition at least 9 metres every set! I want a team that produces top defensive line speed for 80 minutes, not 5 minutes! If Gentle is the defensive coach, he needs to work a lot harder with the team.
We stand flat in attack and even flatter in defence. We don't even move in defence, we stand and wait like a bunch of Easter Island statues.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Maybe theres more to our defensive coaches name than we think ....Gentle seems to fit the bill with our blokes

Belta

Juniors
The bank of TAB is offering 26% interest on your investment today, some might say generous given a huge home crowd enthusiastically cheering on a confident, brilliant, well coached line up....all up against a hapless combination of has beens, never were's, other club rejects, alleged sex offenders, a rudderless spine - underprepared for battle by a dinosaur coach with no imagination, a team who will certainly drop their guts at the first inevitable bad call against them, a bad call which has already been decided upon by the referee cartel during their deliberations for this week.

Which is it ? Believe we can do this, rugby league is a funny game....or just take the $1.26 and go on a nice holiday tomorrow.

If only this was a joke!

l could have a good laugh.

Damn it, I soo much need a good laugh 😂