What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 Vs Manly

WestyLife

First Grade
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2021/03/26/westfund-injury-update-dylan-edwards/

Scans have confirmed Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards suffered a broken hand in Thursday's victory over the Storm.

The injury occurred in a tackle during the first half at BlueBet Stadium and Edwards failed to return to the field following the half-time interval.

The 25-year-old is expected to be sidelined for at least four weeks.
With Brent Naden and Robert Jennings currently serving NSW Cup suspensions, Panthers coach Ivan Cleary will have to consider a backline reshuffle ahead of next Thursday's clash with the Sea Eagles

Fangs

Coach
Salmon played some right centre for the Eels last year I think. And I believe he is playing centre in NSW cup. He has also been named as 18th man already this season.

I think Ivan will pick him.

betcats

Referee
We really have 3 or 4 good options tbh. Edwards will be a loss he has been one of our best but its a chance for someone to step up for a few weeks.

Edit: Spencer was carrying a shoulder injury also, if the game wasnt close he wouldnt have come back on I think. I wouldnt risk him this week if he pulls up sore. Give Sorensen or Hopgood a run. Possibly even Billy Burns, Marto was playing in the middle last night for a while and did well.

Panfa

Juniors
1.Burton 2.Staines 3.Momirovski 4.Chrichton 5.T'oo 6.Luai 7.Cleary 13.Yeo 12.kikau 11.Capewell 10.Fisher Harris 9.kenny 8.Leota 14.Leniu 15.Eisenhuth 16.Martin 17.May that's my team against manly with Sorensen 18th man

Smug Panther

First Grade
I'm sure both Critter and Staines believe they want to be our fullback in the future. Lets give one a taste and due to being short of wingers atm Critter gets a go. Burton then plays centre and he will kill it

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm sure both Critter and Staines believe they want to be our fullback in the future. Lets give one a taste and due to being short of wingers atm Critter gets a go. Burton then plays centre and he will kill it

Both ideas have merit. Burton at fullback keeps the front line intact. Critta or Staines get a chance to show their stuff back there.

franklin2323

Immortal

Staines can't do it no winger to come in

maple_69

Bench
Agree Staines needs a year on the wing but he long term I think he’ll be an incredible fullback. Great vision, decision making and execution.

I’d go Critta. Might help get his season going as well. He’s been bog average.

Give Leniu a week off for Sorenson and give Burton good minutes off the bench (spelling Nath for the last 25 even).

Smug Panther

First Grade
Agree Staines needs a year on the wing but he long term I think he’ll be an incredible fullback. Great vision, decision making and execution.

Give Leniu a week off for Sorenson and give Burton good minutes off the bench (spelling Nath for the last 25 even).
I'm not sure we can carry both May and Burton on the bench

BxTom

Bench

I must admit, he is growing on me. Not brilliant yet, but got all the signs for a bloke that's only played 5 NRL matches.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I'm assuming May to centre in this scenario.

I'd rather just replace Edwards with the best option outside of other starters. Less disruption. My pick would be Burton.

I tend to agree. Although Critta to FB and Burton into the centre’s is also a descent option. Burto is a left sided player, so that works too.

Panther2021

Juniors
Burton
Staines
Momi
Critta
To'o
Luai
NC
Leota
Kenny
JFH
Kikau
Capewell
Yeo

May
Eisenhuth
Liam
Burns (If Leniu not fit)

soc123_au

Staff member
I must admit, he is growing on me. Not brilliant yet, but got all the signs for a bloke that's only played 5 NRL matches.
I was far from convinced the club made the right call after 2 rounds. After last night I'm on board. I'd still like to see him more involved, but 2 try saves & a try where he still had plenty to do really showcased his skills. Sauce may have saved one of those trys, but the other not a snowballs chance in hell.