What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Either that or Hook and the players don't have an answer for their questions.

Wallace doesn't have an answer. He was interviewed directly after the game, before they left the field and was asked, "how do you change things around and find some points?"

He said, "I don't know." He then went to the corporate line and said, "we need to work hard and work on our execution and blah, blah, blah."

At least he was willing to give an honest answer before the media training kicked in, but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Chainshada

Juniors
I guess Griffin really does think it was a "real good tight game of footy".. Hodges in for the guy that "cost us the game". Rest the same. Thank god we have Dunamis Lui in there again, the score might've really blown out without his 49m and 1 tackle.

1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Dunamis Lui
16 David Stagg
17 Scott Anderson
18 Nick Slyney

Country Bronco

Juniors
I am not going to say whether we'll win or lose. But i'll say I was offered free tickets to the game and declined for sanity reasons. :p

lockyno1

Post Whore
So let me get this straight...

1. Wallace stays
2. Norman at fullback...um didn't he sign for Parra for next year, WTF is the point
3. No changes in the forwards.

Melbourne by 60, hopefully Griffin is sacked then!

beads6

First Grade
I'll be stoked if we score a couple of tries and don't get flogged in this match. The Storm are just so good. I can't wait till Cronk, Slater and Smith retire.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
I'll be stoked if we score a couple of tries and don't get flogged in this match. The Storm are just so good. I can't wait till Cronk, Slater and Smith retire.

as a Queenslander I hope they go on forever. I just wish they would miss the Broncos games through injury or suspension

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I guess it's a good thing that Hook keeps faith in his players and doesn't change the line-up very much whether we win or lose.

But I can't help but feel very unexcited about the line-up. It could very well be our best line-up, but just seems very meh to me.

Is that one of the worst benches in the NRL?

AceAv

Juniors
Broncs will win 26-6 -storm to give away 5 sin bins with Bellamy named at hooker..

But honestly I think I'm going to be very remote happy around the 60 mark. Bronx should be just in the game until storm start to step it up and we get blown away by cronk inside balls to slater.. Will be switching over to rugby league live2 on the ps3 very fast once that happens. At least my broncos all stars team is top of the table...

Next week we will regroup and a good footy lesson from storm could help...

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
with ben hunt on the bench yes, otherwise not really.

Benches are supposed to have impact, yes? Or at least 1 player with impact...

Hunt, Lui, Stagg, Anderson... :crazy:

I think I'd prefer Stagg start and Gillett come off the bench and terrorise.

Big Pete

Referee
Lui was good for the 20s in 2009 and started off even better in 2010. Hasn't gone on with it.

I actually agree with what Gordie was saying in the paper the other day. We lack size. Once Hala gets fit, that will obviously help but we really need Timu & Oates to aim up.

DeeJ

Bench
Lui was good for the 20s in 2009 and started off even better in 2010. Hasn't gone on with it.

I actually agree with what Gordie was saying in the paper the other day. We lack size. Once Hala gets fit, that will obviously help but we really need Timu & Oates to aim up.

We lack size, speed, fitness and football skills.

jakepearce94

Juniors
Benches are supposed to have impact, yes? Or at least 1 player with impact...

Hunt, Lui, Stagg, Anderson... :crazy:

I think I'd prefer Stagg start and Gillett come off the bench and terrorise.
yeah agreed, lui had a good run last week,which was the best thing i'd ever seen from him, made about 15m i'm pretty sure. apart from that i saw nothing.

Chainshada

Juniors
WTF was that? Hunt comes in 3mins before Half-Time, Broncos score 3 rapid fire tries..15mins later I notice he's off and our attack falls to sh*t again.

Good effort by Thaiday this week though...could see he was trying.

Latest posts