What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs the eels

Girds89

Bench
If everyone is fit than eiso drops out and soro in.

The team that beat the bunnies deserves the chance to build and show what they can do.

Doesn't mean they can't get creative and change things up.

Soro and and Spencer attacking on the edges in the attacking 30 when they get on.

The way I see it marto is gunna play 80..

When Spencer and soro come on.. garner and marto will be half gassed.. they'll have done a mountain of work containing parras bug men and stopping the offloads...

In the attacking 30m to try line area garner and marto move in and run crash lines off soni and Spencer and soro run off the hips of cleary and luai.

Allowing marto and garner to compress in attack will mean less running. And you have fresh big body mobile power guys in lenui and soro running at Parramattas 7 and 6.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra go to Manly on Thursday. Tough game.
If they lose Penrith may end there season in week 4. 0/4 start with the Roosters away the following week is just about curtains.

kinghippo

Juniors
Parra go to Manly on Thursday. Tough game.
If they lose Penrith may end there season in week 4. 0/4 start with the Roosters away the following week is just about curtains.
Parra have showed enough for me to believe they will be around at the pointy end of the season.
The top sides will drop plenty of games over the next few weeks
. Roosters, Melbourne and sharks have a lot of injuries to contend with, Manly, Brisbane, NQ and obviously the Dolphins still have a lot to prove.
The mighty Panthers will beat Parra but they will settle and probably win more than they loose.

MugaB

Coach
Did i miss a round? What we going to do without a proper team to watch this weekend...
I suppose we can laugh at the tigers again, or marvel at waynes dolphins

The Realist

Juniors
Parramatta will be very dangerous when they click. Lane, Matterson, Junior Paulo and now Hopgood are all prolific off loaders. I suppose it's lucky for us that Lane and Matterson will be missing.

They will still make Top 6 even if they lose against us.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Parramatta will be very dangerous when they click. Lane, Matterson, Junior Paulo and now Hopgood are all prolific off loaders. I suppose it's lucky for us that Lane and Matterson will be missing.

If they lose this week, I can't see Parra doing that

Murraymob1

Juniors
Parra have forwards out as others have said when back throw in hopgood and they will be hard to contain

The Realist

Juniors
If they are 0 from 4. They will have psychological trauma and need a miracle to be top 6. Plus if this 11 day wait after HIA begins it will add more pressure

I believe the 2003 Panthers were 0-3 and still came 1st. It's not crazy to think a team 0-4 can scrap into the 6.

The competition will be a lot tighter this year. The bottom 5 teams will all average 2-3 more wins than last year and likewise the top 5 will average at least a few more losses.

Besides you could easily categorize their first 5 weeks as a tough draw. It gets significantly easier for them after that.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I believe the 2003 Panthers were 0-3 and still came 1st. It's not crazy to think a team 0-4 can scrap into the 6.

The competition will be a lot tighter this year. The bottom 5 teams will all average 2-3 more wins than last year and likewise the top 5 will average at least a few more losses.

Besides you could easily categorize their first 5 weeks as a tough draw. It gets significantly easier for them after that.
I get that it can be done. Like the cowboys too making the grand final without Thurston. That Panthers 2003 side hardly anyone got injured and it was more about getting our combinations right with Preston coming in and Girdler going back to centre.

I have Parra at 8-10 and at the moment Brisbane who only leave QLD 3 times this year above them.

Whino

Bench

We were 0 -2 in 2003.

I don't think Parra are that far off. It is not if they are playing poorly like some other the clubs. Still got troops to come back.

Fangs

Coach
We were 0 -2 in 2003.

And 1-3 after the Raiders loss in round 4. Winning 21/24 to take the premiership.

Eels aren't done yet, but I picked them to miss the 8. I stand by it. They probably know deep down they can't improve on 2022. It will end up being the high watermark of Brad Arthur's coaching career.

hindy111

Post Whore

Matterson will be back

martielang

Bench
Given the Eels run in rounds 5 to 10, they can easily go from 0 - 5 to 5 - 5 pretty easily.

Still think Parra will be there or thereabouts.

age.s

First Grade
My goodness, 0-5 is an age away for Parra. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I enjoy bashing the slimes as much as the next guy, but they're not a trashy enough team to think we'll just turn up and hand them a winless first month of the season, especially when they're desperate and smarting hard after the GF and the commentary in the aftermath. This is a team that pounded us in the regular season last year. Theyll need to be taken very seriously.

martielang

Bench
Think they win on Thursday night and they always seem to give us a bit of a shake up so hardly a gimme for us... except for GF.