What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Tigers

mxlegend99

Referee
Cheers mate. Hopefully both teams play well and don't pick up any injuries. Would love to see us make it two in a row though. :D

I'm a bit worried if we lose this one that Matt Elliott will drop Sammut and/or Graham without giving them a chance to work on their combination.

mxlegend99

Referee
Actually. This is going to be a very difficult game. Just remembered that the Tigers are coming off a Friday night game, while we're coming off a Monday night game. :( Those 3 days are a massive advantage to the Tigers IMO.

I wonder if that's why we have so many people named on the extended bench? Might also be the reason for not using Sammut and Graham for the entire game last week.

bigfoot

Juniors
NO. f**king. WAY. :shock:
Sammut and Graham in the halves?
Lewis at lock?
Smith MOVED from lock? :crazy:

ITS A MIRACLE! :D

... it's too good to be true. I just... I can't believe it.

One of the following has GOT to happen:
1). Either Graham or Sammut will be dropped (most probably Sammut), with Lewis moving to 5/8 and Smith going back to lock.
2). Smith will move to lock and Lewis to the centres, bench, second row, etc.

You heard it first here Panther fans. ;-)
:lol:

In all seriousness though, that is a good looking team and for the first time this season I am fairly confident of getting the win (with my only concern the short turnaround).
The only change I would make is no Brad Tighe, and that would be our strongest possible current lineup.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Teams a bit better ...but the tigers are strong and fast out wide, so we have to beat them up front.

( Tip for tiger fans and stoopid panfas like me)

Just remember if you are going to the game get there one hour early so you can get inside just before halftime.

( great ticketing skills at penrith )

Fibroman

First Grade
once grant puts on some wight on his chicken legs he gunna be good player-He to thin thou at moment for first grade

Grant was good in the first 2 rounds, but got hit very hard a few times against Manly and seemed to be hitting the line with 'better brakes' and turned his back on the defence making him a very easy target.

Time to give Blackett a run from the bench.

Flapper

First Grade
( Tip for tiger fans and stoopid panfas like me)

Just remember if you are going to the game get there one hour early so you can get inside just before halftime.

( great ticketing skills at penrith )

You're telling me, I went to CUA for the Dogs game, the imbecile behind the demountable charged me the wrong price, I even pointed at where I wanted to sit (Bay 7) and she charged me for reserved seating. Ugh.

Thats a decent line-up from Penrith, you'll certainly give my Tigers a good run for their money.

murraymob

Coach
for all the punters like me TAB odds
head to head
penrith.......$1.95
tigers.........$1.85

points start
penrith.....+.1.5.......$1.85
tigers......-1.85.......$1.95

margin
penrith...13+..........$.4.40
penrith..1-12........$$3.25
draw..................$23
tigers.....13+.......$4.10
tigers.....1-12......$3.20

since 2003 they have played 9 times.Penrith have one 7 times including both games last year

not sure how i will punt on this game yet.But if it rains the 1-12 looks the best odds
another interesting fact penrith played monday night .No team this year after playing monday night has won there next game

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
Tigers are great value at 1.85. I might have a slap on them because Penrith always get jipped by the refs at CUA.

Eastern Panther

Juniors
hello panther fans. i've just stumbled onto this forum recently so thought i should join in.

team for this week looks pretty good. but still worried about jazz. don't know if he has what it takes to make it in fg at half back. have there been any updates on luke walsh's injury?

Fibroman

First Grade
hello panther fans. i've just stumbled onto this forum recently so thought i should join in.

team for this week looks pretty good. but still worried about jazz. don't know if he has what it takes to make it in fg at half back. have there been any updates on luke walsh's injury?

Heard Walsh got a bindi in his cheek.

maple_69

Bench
On another note, this could put Huey back in contention for Origin this year. If not at lock perhaps in the second row or on the bench. His genuine utility value (none of this Gidley half assed crap) or just playing as a second rower as required, would really help the Blues.

Kilkenny

Coach
Recent history tends to show the sides backing up from Monday night football have as good a record as the Panthers at CUA. A win percentage of about 15% so the odds are'nt exactly in our favour.

murraymob

Coach
a must win game for the panthers
We have a hard draw first 7 games and have to win this just to stay in touch with the big boys
1.Must get good defence line speed.Shut marshall down in close
3.Watch the dummy half runs of kebab farah
4.Fibro to polish his bald head to reflect the sun light onto tigers fullback when catching the ball
5.lewis to be banned from touching the ball last tackle when we are attacking the line

Fibroman

First Grade
Shutting Farrah down in the key IMO. We have some of the worst marker defence in the NRL.

Wheather looks a bit nasty. If it rains, i think that might actually play a bit into our hands. Plenty of stoppages from dropped balls etc.

innsaneink

Referee
Shutting Farrah down in the key IMO. We have some of the worst marker defence in the NRL.

Wheather looks a bit nasty. If it rains, i think that might actually play a bit into our hands. Plenty of stoppages from dropped balls etc.
Wont help us if its wet, though I still believe its all up to the ref, Sainsts were lying all over Brisbane last nite, was a much slower game than most this year imo

bigfoot

Juniors
Who else is pumped for this game?
I can't wait to finally see the players in the positions we've been waiting for.
Leaving now, see you there. :p:cool:

Latest posts