What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4

amnrlfan

Juniors
AMNRL

Friday
Knights (2-1) vs Sharks (1-1) - Knights will probably be too much for the Sharks. Would like to see an upset though. Knights by 10.

Saturday
Wildcats (2-1) vs Nova (0-2) - Wildcats should not have a problem with Nova. hopefully Nova will have enough numbers to field a side. Cats by 20.

Bulls (2-1) vs Raiders (1-2) - Bulls look to be getting stronger as the season goes. Wondering if Britt, Pope, Dawn, and Wiggins will all suit up in the same match this year? Bulls by 20.

USARL

DC (1-2) vs Fight (3-0) - DC will not have enough to stop the Fight. They seem to have no problem running up the scoreboard this season. Fight by 20.

Oneida (0-3) vs Blues (0-3) - Both teams are struggling so far this season. I am going to have to go with Oneida here, they should have more experience and might be able to pick up a couple things from the guys on the 13's. Oneida by 20.

13's (3-0) vs Axemen (3-0) - Should be a goo match up in Boston. Both teams 3-0 should make more a close and exciting match. 13's played Oneida twice and the Axemen had DC twice. Axemen 20+.

Rebellion (1-2) vs Warriors (1-2) - Rebellion two weeks in a row. They did not have trouble with the Warriors last week and I don't see them having much trouble with them this week. Rebellion by 30.

Steve Davy

Juniors
A good review. The tie where the teams are 0-3 and where they are 3-0 will both be hard to call and this week will be very revealing.

There is a variance in standard, but we should not let people claim there are only a small number of good teams in this league. There are no teams in this league that do not deserve respect and the improvement year on year is stark.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
NY Knights 30 def Sharks 12
Bulls 42 def Raiders 22
Wildcats 74 def Nova 34

Besides a developing Nova, the competition is proving to be very competitive.

Cheby

Juniors
New Haven lead 18-16 at half and fell apart in the third quarter. The first half was good competition though.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Cheby,
Could you please tell us about the NH team?
Obviously Damien O'malveney and Ben Kelly aren't playing.
But what about Siose Muliumu and Ewan Robinson etc?
Is the core team from last year still there this year?

Cheby

Juniors
Correct, Percy and BK aren't playing.

Siose is retired, but he's still around helping with coaching. The only "foreign" players are Ewan Robinson (NZ) and Mike Lombard (RSA), but they've both been in New Haven for years and live here permanently. Ewan was hurt this weekend and didn't play. Mikey was the only non-citizen on the roster Saturday. I actually captained the side which says something about the level of experience on the field since I've only been playing for 5 years.

There are rumors of one or two guys coming from overseas this season, but I'm no longer involved in the logistics of the club (having a kid sucks up a lot of time!), so I don't have any specifics there.

The team is rebuilding right now. We still have 8 or so of the Americans that we've had in the past, but we also have a good contingent of young Americans from the area that are just learning league, so that is positive.

I was proud that we were ahead at half time, but not surprised that we broke down in the second half. We only had 3 reserves and it was down to 2 after an injury in the first quarter. Rhode Island had a long try to start the second half and then it seemed like we played defense for 10 minutes while they scored a couple more. It just spiraled from there as it tends to do if you're constantly playing defense.

Last edited:

sharkies9

Juniors

Thats something. Go from starting a team, getting a run with the tomahawks, then not playing footy at all. That's a shame, not only to them for not getting a team off the ground,it is a big ask, but to the other players that could of gotten a run on st patty's day but didn't.

deal.with.it

Juniors

Siose is retired, but he's still around helping with coaching. The only "foreign" players are Ewan Robinson (NZ) and Mike Lombard (RSA), but they've both been in New Haven for years and live here permanently. Ewan was hurt this weekend and didn't play. Mikey was the only non-citizen on the roster Saturday. I actually captained the side which says something about the level of experience on the field since I've only been playing for 5 years.

There are rumors of one or two guys coming from overseas this season, but I'm no longer involved in the logistics of the club (having a kid sucks up a lot of time!), so I don't have any specifics there.

The team is rebuilding right now. We still have 8 or so of the Americans that we've had in the past, but we also have a good contingent of young Americans from the area that are just learning league, so that is positive.

I was proud that we were ahead at half time, but not surprised that we broke down in the second half. We only had 3 reserves and it was down to 2 after an injury in the first quarter. Rhode Island had a long try to start the second half and then it seemed like we played defense for 10 minutes while they scored a couple more. It just spiraled from there as it tends to do if you're constantly playing defense.

Really appreciate that mate. New Haven isn't the most active with social media/website updates, so its great to hear it straight from you.
Congrats on captaining the side. I watched the clips on youtube, and my first thought was that a couple of the forwards must be new to the game, they weren't quite trying to run through the line yet. So its great to hear that NH is rebuilding, no imports, and plenty of young americans.

clarency

Juniors
4020, considering that you guys are sponsoring the leagues teams and are putting in a decent effort to make a highlights reel for particular matches, why aren't they being featured on usarugbyleague.com?

Latest posts