What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 | Storm 34-22 Knights @ AAMI Park | Fri March 30 @ 7.30pm

Round 5 result :: Storm vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
Pretty frustrating to watch

The Storm would have beaten us but 12 at least but do the refs really need to give every f**king 50/50 call their way? Really? Sau gets cleaned up as high as you like off the ball and all the refs do is put it on report ffs. Quinn jumped in the f**king air and collected him flush. How he wasnt sent off is beyond me.

I can cop the loss but fair dinkum there were some really shitty calls in there that blew out the game. You could just feel the frustration rolling off the players

jonno_knights

Juniors
I can cop the loss but fair dinkum there were some really shitty calls in there that blew out the game. You could just feel the frustration rolling off the players

What I did notice was that Snowy really fired up for a stage there after he got done for the error. Tried to put a few big hits on, was good to see, but he needs to do it more!

Seage

Juniors
I think we're being a bit tough on Aku (well most are). He is still dominating the dojo, but is getting no good ball from Tafeaga or Wesley. Snowden is deserving of all the plaudits coming his way at the moment. If he keeps it up, he could be as valuable, respected and decorated as Dan Tolar.

Costigan stepped it up tonight. He looks good as a lock and i don't much fancy him running wide, so it was a treat to see him busting up the middle dismantling blokes in purple.

What was pleasing about the game was our defence (on the whole). We've got far better commitment and urgency on our line -the hold up of Cronk (from memory) was an excellent piece of desperation. You can be sure that if Stone was still in charge our boys would have been lighting a path to the tryline like runners on tarmac. Our go forward is tremendous and nearly everyone there is running with aggression and effect. Something we've also lacked in previous years.

But what to with Darius. He still looks disinterested, doesn't look like he is close to any of his team mates and has a penchant for the world's slowest play the balls. If you have told me in a back three of a Clive Churchill medalist, a Fijian and a Scotsman, that the medalist was the passenger, i'd have said you're 'avin a laff. But so be it....

Joker's Wild

Coach
Quinn a total grub.

A high late tackle on a player without the ball and he doesn't get marched?

These are the only 2 comments on the Quinn high tackle?

That was one of the worst examples of a late, deliberate high tackle I have seen. He should have been sent as soon as the ref saw the vision but noooooo he gets a penalty and slapped on report.

The little prick should get at least 4 weeks for that, minimum

Nuffy

Bench
JW, I expected nothing more than it got based on the refs performance during the game.

The storm work the refs every game and they get away with it every game.

Nuffy

Bench
Also I reckon we have the worst draw in the comp for the first 5 rounds.

2 from 5 in these circumstances isn't so bad.

Last edited:
Our draw has been a shocker. This has been a trial by fire. All five teams we have played are playing good football. The frustration is understandable but the reality that we are building from scratch needs to set in to the fan's collective psyche. We will aim for the 8. McIntyre system is gone. Every chance for any team this year.

Yosh

Coach
Honestly though, the Storm are amazing... Dirty tactics aside, their set plays, execution and slickness in the opposition 20m is amazing. Just amazing. We looked better in the other 80m but Melb looked good in the 20m area, where is counts.

How good was Tahu? I seriously think that we'll have a fair few NSW origin players this year:

Aku
McManus
Tahu
Bedsy
Mullen
Kidley
House
Snowden

I know I'm pushing it, but I wouldn't say any of those players are out of the picture.

Yosh

Coach
Watching the game again, when we are in the opposition 20, we just look all ad lib. We need to work on some set pieces and get our guys on the same wavelength out there.

How did we let over 30 points in, I just do not know..,

Nuffy

Bench
Freddy just said on the footy show that the knights were dudded by the refs.

He named a number of examples where the storm got the rub of the green.

He said that refs are intimidated down there.

I am sure however that the reviews will whitewash the refs performance.

RABK

Referee
I think Cuthbo played well, ran good lines and got us momentum a few times.

The hate was for 8 dropped pills in 3 games.

Cuthbo's most effective use is as an impact player. He is best in shorter stints where his offloads and decent footwork can do their thing. The hate will subside when he starts hurting teams with his second phase creation. He did it at manly and more significantly in the back half of last season for The Dragons.

Oh and can i just add that it is great to see that despite Checcin's disgraceful refereeing performance that it has not been used as an excuse for the loss here. Checcin is arrogant. The way he spoke to Kurt was worthy of demotion on top of the clear as day forward pass plus knockon for Slater's try.

Last edited:

Latest posts