What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Tips/Crowd Predictions

Titanic

First Grade
Uninspired thread but surely an "oval" is an out-dated expression and belongs in maths or with the AFL stretched-panted, over-rated, big fish-small pond orientated, tuity-fruity paint-sniffing wife-swapping galahs. As far as tips are concerned this weekend is a classic for coin-tossing.

jumbo

Juniors
There will be at least 15,000 at Mt Smart to watch Thurston and Bowen get thumped by the Warriors,score:Warriors 25 Cowboys 16

BrisVegas

Juniors
Over 25,000 tickets have been sold to the Titans Vs Broncos game as of mid Monday.

A surge in ticket sales is expected today with the Easter break over. I think the game will draw a crowd in the high 40's (47-49k). There are 3 articles about the game in todays Courier Mail, with many more to come over the following days to build the hype.

The Preacher said:
No,no Brutus, you'd be too pissed to die. Apparently there was a semi, or a semi replay at Henson Park many,many years ago that pulled 30+k, or so I'm told by a gent that is actually old enough to recall the event.
I dream about atmosphere like that !!!

That would be unbelievable... However, a pretty terrible experience for the people who live no more than a paling fence away from the oval!

I was there last year for the Parra v Newtown match and there was about 3,500 people in the ground which seems a lot more in a ground like that.

Redback71

First Grade
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane 51,487
Penrithvs. Parramatta 16,275
St. George-Illawarravs. Melbourne 11,050
Bulldogsvs. Manly-Warringah 18,560
Warriors vs. North Queensland 11,265
South Sydney vs. Newcastle 21,756
Wests Tigers vs. Cronulla-Sutherland 10,496
Canberra vs. Sydney 11,286

The Preacher

First Grade
cumberlandsashes81 said:
That would be unbelievable... However, a pretty terrible experience for the people who live no more than a paling fence away from the oval!

I was there last year for the Parra v Newtown match and there was about 3,500 people in the ground which seems a lot more in a ground like that.

If you go back through the thread, sashes, you'll see that t-ba found the game concerned with a crowd of 30.5k. Beautiful.:D

wittyfan

Referee
Brisbane 28 Titans 18
Penrith 20 Parra 16
Dragons 8 Storm 36
Bulldogs 32 Manly 16
Warriors 24 Cowboys 22
Souths 34 Newcastle 26
Tigers 16 Sharks 24
Raiders 26 Roosters 10

Jake86

Juniors
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane - 22-16 Suncorp Stadium
Penrith vs. Parramatta - 26-20 CUA Stadium, Penrith
St. George-Illawarra vs. Melbourne - 12-36 OKI Jubilee "Stadium"
Bulldogs vs. Manly-Warringah - 14-20 Telstra Stadium
Warriors vs. North Queensland - 22-28 Mt. Smart Stadium
South Sydney vs. Newcastle - 30-16 Bluetongue Stadium
Wests Tigers vs. Cronulla-Sutherland - 18-20 Campbelltown Sports Stadium
Canberra vs. Sydney - 12-24 Canberra Stadium

wittyfan

Referee
lockyno1 said:
The roosters scoring 10 witty? Where are they getting those points from!

So far their scores are 6, 6, 8 and 10 so I think they will score 10 again!

fanatique

Juniors
Titans V BRONCOS at lang 42,000
PANTHERS V Eels at Penrith 16,000
Dragons V STORM at OKI 11,000
BULLDOGS V Sea Eagles at SA 20,000
Warriors V COWBOYS at Mt. Smart 16,000
RAIDERS V Roosters at Bruce 10,000
Tigers V SHARKS at Camp 14,000
Raaaaaaaaaabbitohs V KNIGHTS at Cntrl Coast 16,500

BrisVegas

Juniors
Over 40,000 tickets sold to the Titans/Broncos game according to Fox Sports News Long Lunch, with a sellout expected.

5 rounds in to the competition and the Titans will have the highest crowd average. Does anyone think they can average over 20k this season - it would be a great feat as Cararra only holds 18,000.

Hindyscrack

Bench
I cant see why the titans game wont draw high 40's?

First local derby, plus in Brisbane. IMO the NRL shot it self in the foot scheduling a Friday night game. Sunday afternoon would have allowed more coast fans to travel to brisbane and would have seen a sell out.

effnic

Bench
Gold Coast vs. Brisbane
Penrith vs. Parramatta
St. George-Illawarra vs. Melbourne
Bulldogs vs. Manly-Warringah (Orford in win/Orford out lose)
Warriors vs. North Queensland
South Sydney vs. Newcastle
Wests Tigers vs. Cronulla-Sutherland
Canberra vs. Sydney arrg what a horrible looking match but this is the best chance for the roosters to get there 1000th win.

Latest posts