What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

John Tanious

Juniors
i think I would put Sims on the bench for Merrin - big body, he has potential to give you a solid 25 mins, i would give Saab a run.

I dont think Sailor is ready, but since our season is over I might find him a spot.

I dont think Aitken should be starting, but I dont mind him on the bench if we think he can be effective playing the middle for 15 20 mins, which I think might work, none of our other backs have the capacity to play in the middle

Tbh there is no team changes here that will make much of a difference. I would say 14 of the 17 picked are our best players. So unless we dump them all and start building for next year, i think this will be it.

I think our team SUCKs, do not think its a selection thing. I think 2 or 3 spots are up for grabs, but unless you replace them with better players then its much of a muchness.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Couldn't agree more Wittenberg.

So the prick tease continues eh
Webb
& you’ve sure
“bedded down the coaching changes” nicely

You were only ever Andrew’s lackey

You’ve made your bed, now sleep in it

But we’ll wait you out
Then see you out the door as well

You have a general boycott on your hands
Refunds please to start with.

...and the Media won’t leave you alone now Andrew

No unforced changes to yesterday’s team on top of three last week is far from the shake-up required.

Three immediate changes that would improve our attack:

1. Bring in Sailor and Saab on the wings, shift Ravalawa to centre.

Ravalawa is worth a try in the centres. He runs hard, is quick, can break tackles and has a decent offload. He is also a hard body in defence. He must come off the wing where his mistake rate and inability to defuse bombs was exposed a long time ago.

To revert to Aitken as a default to Williame’s injury rather than affect some creative change to an insipid three-quarter line underscores why fans are fed up with the coach.

Saab is a no brainer. There is more to wing-play than metres, coach. His height offers a receiver to catch attacking kicks and safety in defending bombs. Also pace. Pereira is a great trier but we badly need class out wide.

Sailor offers youth, pace, energy. Enough said.

2. Jackson Ford into the 17. Another fact lost on the coach is how mobile, athletic back-rowers are taking over. Most clubs have them, guys who can run all day, bump off defenders and carry the ball with the pace to finish line-breaks. Not battering rams. This guy needs game time, if not a starting position. Good to see Fuimaono back too. Could have used him on Monday.

3. James Graham is all heart but we need an injection of youth and pace across the park. Lovodua is a good prospect. A clever player who can use the ball to create. He gets through his work and has the ability to develop into a great on-ball old-school lock. The type of player coming back into vogue since the rule changes have sped things up and the type we’ve missed with de Belin on the sidelines. He can also offer McInnes a break at hooker.

1. Norman
2. Sailor
3. Lomax
4. Ravalawa
5. Saab
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McInnes (c)
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Ford
13. Lovodua

14. Fuimaono
15. Merrin
16. Host or Graham
17. Dufty

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Here is my team against the sharks and for the rest of the year and next;

1. I don’t give a f**k
2. I don’t give a f**k
3. I don’t give a f**k
4. I don’t give a f**k
5. I don’t give a f**k
6. I don’t give a f**k
7. I don’t give a f**k
8. I don’t give a f**k
9. I don’t give a f**k
10. I don’t give a f**k
11. I don’t give a f**k
12. I don’t give a f**k
13. I don’t give a f**k

reserves
14 to 17. Who f**king cares

coach:

Absolutely anyone in the entire world but that bald merkin mcteflon

redVinme

Bench
No unforced changes to yesterday’s team on top of three last week is far from the shake-up required.

Three immediate changes that would improve our attack:

1. Bring in Sailor and Saab on the wings, shift Ravalawa to centre.

Ravalawa is worth a try in the centres. He runs hard, is quick, can break tackles and has a decent offload. He is also a hard body in defence. He must come off the wing where his mistake rate and inability to defuse bombs was exposed a long time ago.

To revert to Aitken as a default to Williame’s injury rather than affect some creative change to an insipid three-quarter line underscores why fans are fed up with the coach.

Saab is a no brainer. There is more to wing-play than metres, coach. His height offers a receiver to catch attacking kicks and safety in defending bombs. Also pace. Pereira is a great trier but we badly need class out wide.

Sailor offers youth, pace, energy. Enough said.

2. Jackson Ford into the 17. Another fact lost on the coach is how mobile, athletic back-rowers are taking over. Most clubs have them, guys who can run all day, bump off defenders and carry the ball with the pace to finish line-breaks. Not battering rams. This guy needs game time, if not a starting position. Good to see Fuimaono back too. Could have used him on Monday.

3. James Graham is all heart but we need an injection of youth and pace across the park. Lovodua is a good prospect. A clever player who can use the ball to create. He gets through his work and has the ability to develop into a great on-ball old-school lock. The type of player coming back into vogue since the rule changes have sped things up and the type we’ve missed with de Belin on the sidelines. He can also offer McInnes a break at hooker.

1. Norman
2. Sailor
3. Lomax
4. Ravalawa
5. Saab
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McInnes (c)
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Ford
13. Lovodua

14. Fuimaono
15. Merrin
16. Host or Graham
17. Dufty

Like a lot of this but you forget we don't do attaching kicks cause tries off kicks don't count. We just go to ground with the ball on the last in the attacking 20 :upside_down:

This Year?

Immortal
The highlight of this game will be watching downhill skiers Shaun Johnson and Matt Moylan make a complete mockery of our "stoic" defensive line. Even Jed Bogan moight score a troi moite.

We can't win the scrimmage cos our players can't be f**ked and our coach is too busy shining his bald bits while watching movies until 3am and sucking his thumb after the media "had a go at him" to come up with something resembling a game plan of more than 5 hitups and maybe a kick.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
1. Corey Norman
2. Jordan Pereira
3. Euan Aitken
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Ben Hunt
7. Adam Clune
8. Josh Kerr
9. Cameron McInnes (c)
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Tyrell Fuimaono
13. James Graham

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin
15. Blake Lawrie
16. Isaac Luke
17. Matt Dufty
18. Jacob Host
19. Jackson Ford
20. Jason Saab
21. Korbin Sims

I didn't think it was possible but the bench is weaker than last week.

The season is gone- all we can save are our promising players but no- Saab will be either released or stay-unhappy at the club- we lose either way- I would have given Saab an extended shot at full-back as no one else at the club has shown they can handle all the demands of the role

FlameThrower

Bench
Does anyone really care anymore? The Club and board have told us ‘ nothing needs to change’ - players will now throw the towel in and tank games. As much as Mary is a clown, the players have a lot to answer for too. The fans are being taken for fools and I hope those rusted on supporters finally wake up to this....

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Here is my team against the sharks and for the rest of the year and next;

1. I don’t give a f**k
2. I don’t give a f**k
3. I don’t give a f**k
4. I don’t give a f**k
5. I don’t give a f**k
6. I don’t give a f**k
7. I don’t give a f**k
8. I don’t give a f**k
9. I don’t give a f**k
10. I don’t give a f**k
11. I don’t give a f**k
12. I don’t give a f**k
13. I don’t give a f**k

reserves
14 to 17. Who f**king cares

coach:

Absolutely anyone in the entire world but that bald merkin mcteflon

But R&W don't you know that Mary is up until 3.00am going cross-eyed trying to work out why SGI sets of five hit ups without offloads and a misplaced kick isn't breaking down defensive lines? Have a little respect for his hard work on full pay...oops don't think he wants anyone to know about the last bit.

Crush

Coach
But R&W don't you know that Mary is up until 3.00am going cross-eyed trying to work out why SGI sets of five hit ups without offloads and a misplaced kick isn't breaking down defensive lines? Have a little respect for his hard work on full pay...oops don't think he wants anyone to know about the last bit.
I can just see him staring at the video night after night scratching his head.
"I just don't get it! They are completing sets but they aren't scoring points!"

Ahhh, perhaps they should try something called an "offload" ???

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

the fact that he stays up until 3am “analysing” video footage, and still can’t figure out why his team loses all the time speaks volumes. I bet he stays up every night trying to figure out how to use the VCR....the useless prick.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I can just see him staring at the video night after night scratching his head.
"I just don't get it! They are completing sets but they aren't scoring points!"

Ahhh, perhaps they should try something called an "offload" ???

I can picture him watching the screen and saying...”wait...why is the screen blank? I’m sure I connected the cables correctly...oh well....back to the drawing board”

gitano

Juniors
Interested why Dudmax retained his spot after yesterday? Ineffective would flatter him.

blacksafake

First Grade
FMD our bench is pathetic. Can’t see Dufty getting a run so he’s likely to drop off unless he drops Clune & moves Norman back into the halves.
Saab could replace JP.

Latest posts