What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Souths

Unsainty79

Juniors
listening to jack bird on abc radio after the game, i dont think he wants to play 5/8 either and was complaining about how they trained in the off season and now ts all different, said he didnt know what hook was planning for next week maybe he would be on the wing, not impressed i think along with the rest of the team
Says it all about Griffin

justadragon

Bench
just watched the presser interesting yo say the least, dont know what to think of with some of the statements made quite bizaar

Gareth67

First Grade
Just what in the hell goes on at training ? ? ? What do these jerks do ? Surely they look at the errors and their shortcomings of the previous match and the coach says ‘ well this needs to be done and that to ensure there is no repeat of the same problems in our next match “ ?

The thing that truly annoys the shat out of me is that they are not kids , they have been playing the game for years yet their performances are those of complete novices .

It has reached the point where their efforts have become embarrassing to watch , one is no longer waiting for the great Dragon machine to ‘ click ‘ into gear like some finely tuned engine , it is now a case of biting our fingernails in anticipation of just when the next error will be made culminating into a total rout .

Shameful display of the players inadequacies and lack of teamwork .

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
If you want a laugh watch the presser.
Hook said they sourhs a good side as are we 😆.
We were better than last week.
f**k der.
He said we are a good side down on confidence.
What team are you coaching or watching it ain't the dragons😄.
When we play a full 80 min we will get 3 4 or 5 wins😄
When is the last time we played a full 80
Min.
Not for years..
We are capabl😄e of bt anyone.😄
When we learn we will get what we deserve😄..
We lost 4 in a row.
Some teams will do that at the end of the year
.Yes us.
We will get it right .
When we do it will be enjoyable.😄.
When we learn not how to bt ourselves we'd be hard to bt.😄
All his words.
What better way for Sloan to.learn than against the big boys, he was picked in the first two rounds.
Sorry HOOK.IS A JOKE REPEATED THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER.
HE IS DELUSIONAL.

Last edited:

Unsainty79

Juniors
Just watched the presser. Don’t think you’ll any changes next wek except the inclusion of Moose. But gee whiz, I don’t know what game he was watching but he showed no sign of panic or disappointment.
Same as all of his press conferences, gives nothing away. But he did seem to suggest that Bird is staying at 6.

A lot of disappointments tonight, but far out, De Belin is looking really, really off the pace. Still tackles hard but looks gassed the whole time he’s on.

I would be quite radical for next week
Sloan
Rava
Amone
Suli
Feagai
Mybe
Sullivan
Burgess
Hunt
Molo
De Belin
Sua
Lomax

Moose
Woods
Bird
Moga
It doesn't matter who you select where cos they will still be under the dubious guidance of a coach of such abject intransigence and stupidity.

I don't expect us to win or contest a GF every year - or even make the eight every year - but I think I have a right to expect a certain standard of performance and to go into games thinking that we are a chance of winning, not just be an aimless rabble, filling in time between the first whistle and the last. Part of me wonders whether you can keep blaming the coaches - maybe we have just recruited the wrong players. Either way we are a clusterf*ck and it's not going to get better overnight.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Nah, sorry - Griffin's position is untenable. He is the architect of this $hitshow of inexplicable selections, Under 8's-level game management and misguided loyalty to old nags. Everyone can see that McCullough is off the pace of the game, but no attempt was made to recruit a more effective dummy half. He tells us that Amone and Sloane are the future, but the future lasted three weeks before Sloane gets binned for one bad performance whereas week after week of dumb $hite is tolerated from B Hunt, Sims, Lomax, Lawrie, Kerr, Mbye etc. It's a farce. The highlight of the season so far is not getting flogged by Penriff...
Gentlemen, let our battle cry be "Hook the Hook!"
Spot on. A journo with a bit of a backbone should be asking hook in the presser if Hunt and plenty of others out there tonight get dropped for their poor performances, like he did with Sloan and Amone.

Dragsters

First Grade
Same as all of his press conferences, gives nothing away. But he did seem to suggest that Bird is staying at 6.

A lot of disappointments tonight, but far out, De Belin is looking really, really off the pace. Still tackles hard but looks gassed the whole time he’s on.

Probably because he's doing all of the scrambling defence McCullough's not doing.

JDB's pretty much defending as a 13 and a 9...

redv13

Bench
Matt Feagai is the only guy who can hold his head up after that performance.
If Griffin had any personal integrity and professional pride he would resign. If the board had any respect for the club, they would tear up his contract and let the ballkids coach. Could they do any worse?
I think you can add Su’a and Molo. They were both strong and have been every week

Latest posts