What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Souths

itsme

Juniors
Whatever the outcome is...lets hope its the right one for us.
I am not judging Hook on just 4 games, im also looking at last year as well where he was consistently picking players who were absolutely not performing, where he could have given the youngsters a go allowing them to gain valuable NRL experience, what value did Sloan get out going to ressies on the weekend and get flogged by 40 pts, he got sent to the sin bin thats what he got, what value did Amone get playing the last 14 min of a side that had already been flogged. If you want say Hook knows best so be it, but for me and a lot of other experts on the media it made no sense, I think one referral was insanity.

Dragon FLY

Juniors
Wasn't Poasa signed by Mary and Co prior to Hook getting the job?
The problem lies with players being located 120 kilometres apart
Wollongong vs Carlton.
The teal issue only Bennett was able to in-force bunker style approach everyone in one location
Half go fishing in port Kembla and the other half at George’s river
Unity is what’s needed

Vinnie

Juniors
Everyone i have been reading this thread but anyway im confused with our direction as we all are but can someone answer this for me .. Our coach said in numerous interviews that he dropped Sloane and Amone and i quote "sometimes when things are going bad you have to take them out of there in order to protect them " i don't know how to intepret this .... to me i read as we are going to get smashed by the eels so i'll drop them to protect them !!! or is it that they are not up to scratch and need to be dropped, if it's the latter the just say so don't take us all for fools.

Dragon David

First Grade
Everyone i have been reading this thread but anyway im confused with our direction as we all are but can someone answer this for me .. Our coach said in numerous interviews that he dropped Sloane and Amone and i quote "sometimes when things are going bad you have to take them out of there in order to protect them " i don't know how to intepret this .... to me i read as we are going to get smashed by the eels so i'll drop them to protect them !!! or is it that they are not up to scratch and need to be dropped, if it's the latter the just say so don't take us all for fools.
Hook falls arse over tit with his statements. He should come straight out and say what it is and not beat around the bush, just like they way I started this post.

justadragon

Bench
he said they were down on confidence after the sharks game, dont know what last weekend did for either of their confidences anyway

Dragon David

First Grade
well after listening to that, looks like nothing will change from last week as far as team selection goes
I watched and listened to Hooks preview of this upcoming match and spiel of last weeks game. I have been suffering really badly with insomnia and when I woke, the interview was well and truly over - oh dear!

Jamie Sowards interview was all on topic and to the point. No wonder he has had the success of the girls team to date. Good luck to him and the girls for Sunday.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I watched and listened to Hooks preview of this upcoming match and spiel of last weeks game. I have been suffering really badly with insomnia and when I woke, the interview was well and truly over - oh dear!

Jamie Sowards interview was all on topic and to the point. No wonder he has had the success of the girls team to date. Good luck to him and the girls for Sunday.
Given Soward's vast touch footy background I'm not surprised his coaching style has resonated in the modern game.

In all seriousness though, have you followed the women's game and how player turnover between clubs is massive?

Talking up Soward's coaching based on the women's comp is ridiculous. What was he doing before this year? NRL.com employee

randomdragon

Juniors
Given Soward's vast touch footy background I'm not surprised his coaching style has resonated in the modern game.
In all seriousness though, have you followed the women's game and how player turnover between clubs is massive?

Talking up Soward's coaching based on the women's comp is ridiculous. What was he doing before this year? NRL.com employee
Dragons were tipped to come last in womens comp and essentially had a squad of nobodies and we’re in the GF.

Dragon David

First Grade

I'm only stating that we at least have a coach that has shown some success for the club. The Jersey Flegg side did it in 2019 which was good, now we have Soward in 2022. His transition to reserves or first grade is another matter.

The women's competition has been great for what it is. Soward's background has helped and the player turnover between clubs is more attributed to the additional clubs coming in with two more next year I believe.

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Mate I would swap Sowie all day at least he has some moves

Latest posts