What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Just when we thought things couldn't get any tougher we face our best opposition to date on their home turf...

Honestly, I couldn't care about a win or a loss, I just want to see the boys play well.

Side I would like to see...

1. Corey Norman
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Ben Te'o
5. Gerard Beale
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Ashton Sims
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

14. Lagi Setu
15. David Hala
16. Scott Anderson
17. Josh McGuire

Dodds to start for his defensive capabilities, Anderson to come off the bench when things are settled.

Beale on the wing because drafting anymore players it would be far too unstable...Hala on the bench because having Hunt there doesn't benefit anybody.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
1. D.Lockyer
2. A.Winterstein
3. A.Glenn
4. D.Copley
5. D.Gagai
6. P.Wallace
7. B.Hunt
13. M.Gillett
12. S.Thaiday
11. A.Sims
10. D.Hala
9. A.McCollough
8. N.Kenny

14. S.Anderson
15. D.Lui
16. J. McGuire
17. L.DalZeilDon (crap knows how you spell it-hahaha)

Hate swapping Locky but it's only too the reinforcements return.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Yeah it is very inexperienced Big Pete, but I just don't see any side we make up at present troubling the Dragons too much. Hunt is a waste off the bench and I've just about given up hope on Setu. Corey Norman is a gun but maybe Locky could help us more defensively from the back at present. Luke DZD is a smokey but hey Gillett wasn't even in the frame late last year and look at him go. Dodds really hasn't done much for me, but hey he's young and has plenty of time to prove me wrong. I just can't see it being anything but MESSY at WIN on fri night.

Big Pete

Referee
Given how many injuries we've suffered, I'd say the best thing we can do is keep as many players together as possible.

Bringing in 5 more rookies isn't going to solve anything.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Probably very true matey. It is just so damn frustrating to see the quality cattle we have holed up on our speckled potatoes section at present. It is going to be an agonising 3-4 wks minimum.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
1. D.Lockyer
2. A.Winterstein
3. A.Glenn
4. D.Copley
5. D.Gagai
6. P.Wallace
7. B.Hunt
13. M.Gillett
12. S.Thaiday
11. A.Sims
10. D.Hala
9. A.McCollough
8. N.Kenny

14. S.Anderson
15. D.Lui
16. J. McGuire
17. L.DalZeilDon (crap knows how you spell it-hahaha)

Hate swapping Locky but it's only too the reinforcements return.

Bahahaha. What do you expect to gain from picking that team?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
This is going to be a really hard game. We need to watch how we played them last time and try to repeat that. Just go out and bash them. I agree with you Big Pete. I don't care if we win or lose, just as long as we give 110%.

My team would be:

1.Corey Norman
2.Antonio Winterstein
3.Gerard Beale
4.Alex Glenn
5.Dale Copley
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Peter Wallace
8.Nick Kenny
9.Andrew McCullough
10.Scott Anderson
11.Ben Te'o
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Matt Gillett

14.Ashton Sims
15.Lagi Setu
16.Josh McGuire
17.David Hala/Dunamis Lui

Dazzat

First Grade
Bahahaha. What do you expect to gain from picking that team?

Bedlam no doubt.

I disagree about Ben Hunt. He played well off the bench. I don't think McCullough has been delivering playing 80 minutes. When Ben Hunt came on he made metres in the middle, and when McCullough came back on, he scored that sensational (cough) try.

We need SOMETHING from dummy half, because otherwise our forwards will continue to be smashes from pillar to post.

And playing Hunt there will give him the experience he'll need when the inevitable happens - when either Wallace or Lockyer are injured throughout the year.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought Hunt was bad to be honest...showed nothing out of dummy half even when he had the opportunity to take advantage and his defence as you'd suspect from a half wasn't up to scratch. McCullough didn't have the best game either, tried too hard but having Hunt there would only be a waste of time for both players.

Bf, I'd take Hala over Lui at this stage. Lui needs to learn how to defend.

beads6

First Grade
1. Norman
2. Winterstien
3. Te'o
4. Glenn
5. Copley
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Anderson
11. Dodds
12. Thaiday
13. Gillet

14. Sims
15. Hala
16. Hunt
17. Mcguire

Now go hard young blokes. Stay tight in defence and spark the upset of the season.
Dodds is a second rower in my eyes and Henjka is being unfair to him picking him upfront. Also Beale is really not up to any position in first grade IMO.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I thought Hunt was bad to be honest...showed nothing out of dummy half even when he had the opportunity to take advantage and his defence as you'd suspect from a half wasn't up to scratch. McCullough didn't have the best game either, tried too hard but having Hunt there would only be a waste of time for both players.

Bf, I'd take Hala over Lui at this stage. Lui needs to learn how to defend.

I would take Hala over him too but I have Lui there because I wasn't sure if Hala would be up to NRL at the moment as he only had like 3 or 4 games back from surgery.

I don't think Lui's defence is that bad. Hes better than Setu, thats for sure haha.

Big Pete

Referee
If Setu hits them, they're down; his technique is quite good it's just that he's making poor choices in his youth.

He isn't as lazy as Thaiday, which is who Lui reminds me of.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Actually quite like the look of your team Bronco Fan, Teo not out of position and considering all the injuries it looks a reasonably strong and well balance side. How far off do we all beieve Lingwoodock is from poking his head in on the bench in the NRL squad ?

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Is it his defence that concerns u most at this time Pete, I have noticed he tends to read poorly and fall off quicker players around the ruck quite a deal as he tires. Runs strongly and can get a good offload but still struggles with endurance. I've still got huge wraps on him.

Big Pete

Referee
Oh right!

Sorry, your description just reminded me of a lot of first graders too...

Yeah, Lingwoodock is a talent, just needs to work on areas of his game to excel.