What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

DeeJ

Bench
Hmm, wonder what the reason for Kenny being on the bench is? Maybe there will be a last minute reshuffle with Kenny to start, Sims in the backrow and Setu on the bench (with hopefully limited game time).

beads6

First Grade
Please tell me why? It is as if Henjak picked the team out of a hat.. Kenny who has been our best prop is on the bench?? If you want to start him on the bench fine but why take the number 8 off him?? Setu please he was woeful in defence on Friday.. Mcguire dropped?? Why he had his best game this season on Friday night.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'll be down at wollongong but i unfortunately expect to be shaking my ehad in dismay for most of the night. of course i live in hope that food poisoning hits the dragons or a gale causes the game to be postponed for a few months....

realistically we dont have the cattle to cover injuries and poor form and disciplinary breaches.....

screeder

Juniors
Damn, i've got a bad feeling the 'sack Henjak' thread isn't going to die for a little while. And poor old beads, he's doing it tough.

beads6

First Grade
Damn, i've got a bad feeling the 'sack Henjak' thread isn't going to die for a little while. And poor old beads, he's doing it tough.

Oh I am losing it seriously Hejak isn't as bad as I would like to suggest but some of his selections Puzzle me no end!! :crazy:

Nevcost

Juniors
Sims is starting that's good but Dodds is still in the team and McGuire is axed. :crazy: Also how good a player is Lui would he be better then say Nautsch or Hala for example.

Dazzat

First Grade
There is absolutely no logic in the decision from Henjak.. :crazy:

Kenny's strength is strong defence in the "softening up" period of the game ... the first 10 minutes.

Sometimes a coach will start young guys so they're not chewing their nails and burning up nervous energy waiting to get on ...

Could change at kick-off.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dragons by 100 with that team. Hunt should be at halfback if we are so desperate to play him. Who is he seriously going to replace? McCullogh is an 80 minute player and Wallace is our HB

beads6

First Grade
Dragons by 100 with that team. Hunt should be at halfback if we are so desperate to play him. Who is he seriously going to replace? McCullogh is an 80 minute player and Wallace is our HB

Everytime you speak a bigger piece of $hit hits the floor. Hunt is light years behind young Hunt as a player at the moment. Also McCullough is not an 80 min player otherwise Hunt would not be on the bench! Your a deadset goose do you even watch games or do you just fist yourself??

lockyno1

Post Whore
McCollough should be playing 80 minutes. He is not an impact hooker, never will be. He is your solid play 80 minutes hooker. I'd rather punt Wallace and play Hunt at halfback. This season is a write off, we might as well build for 2011.

Jack

Juniors
Wallace goes good at hooker, remember he changed the game for city as hooker a couple years ago when he first got picked for nsw. Looking at those sides, Dodds has been defending well but has made 10 hit ups in 3 games.

Big Pete

Referee
Congratulations to Dale Copley and Dunamis Lui for earning their spots. Yes, I do believe it's premature BUT they are the future of the club and I hope they give it their all on Friday night.

By the way, locky can you quit throwing your toys about?

Nevcost

Juniors
It would have made more sense dropping Kenny the week before given he missed about 8 tackles against the Warriors. I probably would have started him rather than Anderson, but Anderson is still an alright player and has a bit more size about him than Kenny, but unlike last season it looks like Kenny is actually making decent metres. Does Dodds actually do anything :?, because in thhe stats it shows that McGuire makes more metres and does a hell of a lot more work then Dodds does

Seagullsrock

Juniors
It would have made more sense dropping Kenny the week before given he missed about 8 tackles against the Warriors. I probably would have started him rather than Anderson, but Anderson is still an alright player and has a bit more size about him than Kenny, but unlike last season it looks like Kenny is actually making decent metres. Does Dodds actually do anything :?, because in thhe stats it shows that McGuire makes more metres and does a hell of a lot more work then Dodds does

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dodds has never been a prop, he's a second rower. Made a sh*tload of tackles for Wynnum on the weekend which is his strength. Hard to liken Natusch to anyone. He's bloody strong (can bench press 170-180) and doesn't miss many tackles. Lui/Hala are more sort of impact forwards/props, they'll make more line breaks but aren't as fit as Kenny no co.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Wallace goes good at hooker, remember he changed the game for city as hooker a couple years ago when he first got picked for nsw. .

thats correct and really if it's about giving mcculloch a break
i think wallace would be able to give better direction around the rucks than hunt would. which would see hunt play 7 outside lockyer for a while

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Impossible is nothing lads. Anyone recall Round 26, 2003? Saints had 11 players out that night and beat you blokes. Actually, Piggy Ridell basically beat you. We did still have him, Kite, Timmins, Hornby, a fit Matt Head & a young Ben Creagh though.

Good luck to your ong blokes. Talk about a baptism of fire. The Dragons. in Wollongong, coming off a sub standard (for them) performnce against the club who knocked them out of the finals race.