What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
I thought Hunt was bad to be honest...showed nothing out of dummy half even when he had the opportunity to take advantage and his defence as you'd suspect from a half wasn't up to scratch. McCullough didn't have the best game either, tried too hard but having Hunt there would only be a waste of time for both players.

Bf, I'd take Hala over Lui at this stage. Lui needs to learn how to defend.

Hunt made one dart out of dummy half that scored over 15 metres ... something that McCullough has shown none of this year.

And what's a good indication of a dummy half not performing ... answer ... forwards getting smashed because the opposition can predict what is happening around the ruck.

I think oppositions have worked out McCullough who needs more variety. Bringing in Hunt (who will be better for a run in firsts) will at least give us that.

Dazzat

First Grade
When was this?

McCullough hasn't shown he can run from dummy half? Uhhh...say wha?

I think its fair to say that "this year" McCullough has shown little. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but I think he needs to broaden his attacking arsenal, and become less predictable.

Big Pete

Referee
He ran for more metres than Hunt did and is usually strong out of dummy half. He could definitely improve it and mix things up a little but the only way he can achieve that is playing the full 80.

I just didn't think Hunt was good out of there. I thought he was very one dimensional out of dummy half and his defence was worse than McCullough's.

But hey, Ivan agrees with you so I might have to watch it again.

Broncos93

Juniors
I think its fair to say that "this year" McCullough has shown little. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but I think he needs to broaden his attacking arsenal, and become less predictable.
That's not true. McCullough has made plenty of solid darts behind the markers this year, and a few times has made breaks. I find McCullough to be one of the most consistent performers in the team. He always has a dig and seems to be very confident for only his second year in first grade.

Dazzat

First Grade
That's not true. McCullough has made plenty of solid darts behind the markers this year, and a few times has made breaks. I find McCullough to be one of the most consistent performers in the team. He always has a dig and seems to be very confident for only his second year in first grade.

Fair enough ... I'll stand corrected. This week will be the acid test against St George.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Young Andrew is a real find and things would be a lot easier for a young player of his talent if he had more "go forward" from his bookends. Don't think Benny Hunt would provide much more, actually weren't they paired together as halves in NYC.

Big Pete

Referee
Only for a game.

McCullough was then converted to a hooker. He's only been playing there for 2 years.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
1.Corey Norman
2.Dale Copley
3.Gerard Beale
4.Alex Glenn
5.Josh Hoffman
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Peter Wallace
8.Nick Kenny
9.Andrew McCullough
10.Scott Anderson
11.Ashton Sims
12.Sam Thaiday
13.Matt Gillett

14.Ben Hunt (Now with Te'o not in the back row we only have 1 versatile forward and thats too risky IMO)
15.Lagi Setu
16.Josh McGuire
17.David Hala

broncoman

Juniors
We may as well just stick with the guys that have been put in there, it's always difficult to win with this many younger guys in the side and even while losing you can always say they are gaining experience and getting match hardened, so it would achieve nothing to just dump a few of them and replace them with more rookies who almost certainly wont go any better.

johns_reds

First Grade
Injuries + players dropped for discipline issues doesn't start the week off well against the dragons. It also doesn't leave us with much to go on but i'd go with a team similar to what broncos_fan! picked a few posts earlier...

Locky24

Juniors
Broncos Team Announced.

1. Corey Norman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Dale Copley
4. Alex Glenn
5. Mitch Rivett
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ashton Sims
9. Andrew McCullough