What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Eels

Flashstep

Juniors
We looked a lot better with Cleary running things in attack since he frequently got our players into good situations. Our biggest problem tonight was Aekins since he's not a first grade fullback let alone a ball playing one, unfortunately Edwards isn't an upgrade in the ball playing department either. I know me and a few others on here will sound like a broken record about this but we are in dire need of a fullback who can actually use his hands. f**k I wish we signed Drinkwater when we had the chance he would have been perfect.

Also can we please use Kikau as a decoy more often, Parra had him covered all night and the one time we use him as a decoy Mansour goes over untouched.

GongPanther

Referee
Edwards isn’t much better, Ivan’s dedication to “safe” fullbacks is a massive detriment to the team. If we can’t get some decent attack going we are not going to be heavily involved in the pointy end of the season.
Everyone played pretty well tonight but realistically we are a good forward pack and a bunch of average backs.
Talking about "safe", I wonder WTF happened to us in the 2nd half. I will have another look at the game, but I thought we were uncomfortably conservative and not having a definite attacking plan.

soc123_au

Staff member
Are you a SUPPORTER or do you just like to BAG the crap out of a team who busted there gut against a huge possesion turnaround in the second half. Its easy to bag a team when they don't win. We don't need FAIR WEATHER supporters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Realist is a supporter, he has been around since the Panthers message board days. He is not exactly a ray of sunshine, but tells it as he sees it. If we were all sweetness & light it would be pretty boring.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I thought we were great, a 5-7min period of missed tackles and a really poor 6 again was the difference.

Edwards straight back in.

I love Romey, he played good, but Burton is all class, he must start for mine.

betcats

Referee
We looked a lot better with Cleary running things in attack since he frequently got our players into good situations. Our biggest problem tonight was Aekins since he's not a first grade fullback let alone a ball playing one, unfortunately Edwards isn't an upgrade in the ball playing department either. I know me and a few others on here will sound like a broken record about this but we are in dire need of a fullback who can actually use his hands. f**k I wish we signed Drinkwater when we had the chance he would have been perfect.

Also can we please use Kikau as a decoy more often, Parra had him covered all night and the one time we use him as a decoy Mansour goes over untouched.

Even Dyl would’ve found a pass on one of those overlaps out to the right in the first half.

mxlegend99

Referee
What do you call pathetic we defended well you are NOT a supported END OF
I call conceding 3 tries back to back to back in minutes pathetic. If you think that's defending well then your standards are super low and you're not a supporter. You're a moron. END OF.

Eels scored at will when the game was on the line and we let them.

GongPanther

Referee
Nathan Cleary's performance anyone?

I thought it was one of his most confident first grade performances. He tried his hand.
He attacked the line, kicking game was sound, he played well. With that game under his belt, he'll be better for it. Kiks had a below performance with a couple of unfortunate mistakes.

WestyLife

First Grade
Cleary was good I thought. Burton looks like he's going to set up points every time he touches the ball and needs to be the 6. Just send Luai to fullback and be done with it. Get the 3 of them working together and you've got an extra 12 points a game at least.

The_Frog

First Grade
Nathan Cleary's performance anyone?

I thought it was one of his most confident first grade performances. He tried his hand.
He had a good, if not outstanding game. Hard to run the attack when you have no ball as we did in the second half. Luai should take the last tackle kick more often to add variety.

If Api is going to play 80, and if he did tonight he can in any game, we don't need a half on the bench.

chrisD

Coach
I dislike Luai to fullback or anywhere else really. I think he's a six, an ok/mediocre undersized bench utility option or nothing. Burton's frame and skills make him far more versatile and a better fit than Luai anywhere other than five/eighth.

WestyLife

First Grade
I dislike Luai to fullback or anywhere else really. I think he's a six, an ok/mediocre undersized bench utility option or nothing. Burton's frame and skills make him far more versatile and a better fit than Luai anywhere other than five/eighth.

Point is use the 3 of them. Structure it how you like but it improves the team.

mxlegend99

Referee
No way. Yeah he f**ked up but anyone who can get Sauce scoring needs to be backed. The kid will get better from this
IMG_20200612_223849.jpg

Whare still had a worse tackle rate anyway AND gave away 2 penalties. Not to say Crichton wasnt destroyed. Blake owned him. But Whare does nothing.... Aside from a big hit every few weeks to give a false impression he's a gun defender when really he is bog average defensively and non existent in attack.

The first try To'o scored is because a bad pass missed Whare and he finally got decent ball.

Latest posts