What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs the Raiders

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Which is great, and I support that. He should not be a automatic selection for first grade. In some professions, e.g. the military, miners, the medical professions, even one positive test, is enough to end their careers.

Thats incorrect, I know plenty of military, miners and medical staff who have been charged with drug possession. They didn’t lose their jobs. Stop making stuff up.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Did I mention possession? No I did not. I was referring to usage.

Oh my god. Ok Jane let me rephrase for you.

I am aware of plenty of Military, Miners, nurses, doctors, lawyers, public servants, who have been caught using drugs, searched and found to be in possession of drugs.

They didn’t lose their jobs.

mxlegend99

Referee
I have been the victim of abuse, physical, from a user. I also suffer from mental health issues.
While it's terrible you suffered abuse. That's not the fault of Naden or a direct result of drugs. A person on drugs maybe have done that..but that person had issues beyond that.

Plenty of people get drunk and abuse people too. Do you have issue with anyone who has a beer because some people have been violent drunks?

Naden got lucky to even have a career still. But atleast he wasnt trying to hurt anyone and the only damage done was too himself. Surely you can sympathize with a person having mental issues themselves. You dont need to approve of the silly decision they made. But it's not hard to understand why they made it

Jane Murray

Bench

I am aware of plenty of Military, Miners, nurses, doctors, lawyers, public servants, who have been caught using drugs, searched and found to be in possession of drugs.

Well they are fortunate.

While it's terrible you suffered abuse. That's not the fault of Naden or a direct result of drugs. A person on drugs maybe have done that..but that person had issues beyond that.

Plenty of people get drunk and abuse people too. Do you have issue with anyone who has a beer because some people have been violent drunks?

Naden got lucky to even have a career still. But atleast he wasnt trying to hurt anyone and the only damage done was too himself. Surely you can sympathize with a person having mental issues themselves. You dont need to approve of the silly decision they made. But it's not hard to understand why they made it

I am a teetotaler, and when people drink, I leave. That is my personal opinion, and I am entitled to that, as you are to yours. I do believe, Naden needs support, and professional help, that should not give him automatic selection in the top grade.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee

Tbf I’ve got mates in a few industries that are fired for a failed drug test. My friend was FIFO miner for a long time and he got fired for his first fail. Working on the trains my mates get tested a lot, not sure what policy in regards when they lose jobs but he is worried about it a lot. Operating big mAchinery it’s usually a sackable offence first time.

Jane Murray

Bench
Tbf I’ve got mates in a few industries that are fired for a failed drug test. My friend was FIFO miner for a long time and he got fired for his first fail. Working on the trains my mates get tested a lot, not sure what policy in regards when they lose jobs but he is worried about it a lot. Operating big mAchinery it’s usually a sackable offence first time.
Thank you.

chrisD

Coach
I’d swap Burton to FB and Crichton to centre. Crichton didn’t look the part and this game is competitive.

kinghippo

Juniors
I would try momo on the wing this weekend, staines at the back and Burton in the centres.

Ivan will not :grinning:

Looking forward to this game, Canberra can cause some trouble, they are strong across the park. I think it may be close

MugaB

Coach
I would try momo on the wing this weekend, staines at the back and Burton in the centres.

Ivan will not :grinning:

Looking forward to this game, Canberra can cause some trouble, they are strong across the park. I think it may be close
Im pretty confident, last year i circled this as "THE" danger game, and we basically won at halftime, both these teams are great and are stacked in depth and are definite top4 teams, but there is something about us Vs the raiders these past few years where we always seem to have the wood on them, i feel they play with too much heart, and we have the ice cold calculating clearys steering us around the park..
Going off the manly game, seems Nate was doing some 40/20 practice for this up coming game

chrisD

Coach
Because Burton offers more and sets up others? I'm sure he'd do ok on the wing but what a waste
For a centre it’d be close but I think probably not. Momirovski certainly has the slicker footwork and I’m pretty sure pace, and we haven’t seen much of either but from what I have I’d back Momirovski’s reading in defence. I think Burton would also be better at reading and being in position for receiving kicks as well as defusing bombs on the wing.