What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Raiders v Roosters

Replace TLL? Are you guys kidding? He is 2 games back after injury, of course he is not going to come out all guns blazing. He played for NSW Origin, he'll come good. IMO, our best forward when in form.

Triptych

Juniors
McCrone is much as I hate to say it is by far and away the best option at halfback. His missed tackle was terrible, agreed. But if and when Tinkerman Furner puts Herbert back in the side, watch how many tries are scored on his side. He is worth -24 each game he plays. Opposing teams still run at out 7's, but I watched McCrone put FuiFui down on Monday night and instantly thought that would've been 6 points with Herbert there. Never again

aussies1st

Staff member
No question McCrone is our best option. Still don't like our split halves combo as it takes out Campese from one side of the field and our attack doesn't have that flow to it that other sides have with the normal structure. If its going to work McCrone has to step up every week so both sides of our attack are dangerous especially since he has our most dangerous weapons in Harrison, JT and Vidot on his side.

legend

Coach
I've been a little disappointed in Vidot this year. His ability to catch the bombs when defending is woeful and seems less potent than he was last year. Not sure what it is but he's not setting the world on fire at the moment.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yea his defusing of the bombs have been average, hes getting to the ball just can't seem to hold on to it. Hasn't been given much ball in attack though so thats why we aren't seeing those freakish tries. Harrison is hogging the ball a bit too much and taking the hit up and McCrone does likewise so JT and Vidot hardly get any ball.

edabomb

First Grade
McCrone is very inconsistent, hopefully he can back up this weekend. He is light years ahead of Herbert though.

I'll be at this one, first Raiders game since 03.

shear_joy9

Coach
vidot's defence under the bomb has been disastrous (as has stuart) but aside from dugan he's the most effective back running the ball of their own half.

Dazraider

Juniors
Ball control is the key and we should beat the carney roosters, if he is not on fire then we will win as they havent got that much in attack

legend

Coach
vidot's defence under the bomb has been disastrous (as has stuart) but aside from dugan he's the most effective back running the ball of their own half.

You think so? I think Croker and Thompson have been outstanding in running the ball. Well, much better than Vidot at the moment.

shear_joy9

Coach
You think so? I think Croker and Thompson have been outstanding in running the ball. Well, much better than Vidot at the moment.

in the opposition half, ofcourse croker and thompson have been great with the ball (they get opportunities and don't like passing).

In canberra's half though dugan and vidot have been the guys that kick start the team roll-on up the field.

Triptych

Juniors
I'm loving Vidot's commitment in the 2nd half to relieving the forwards of some hit ups early in the tackle count. Our pack struggles to get back to the line at the beginning of sets on returning a kick, and Vidot is doing a great job of coming in a grabbing 10m at a time. I noticed last week Campo looked better at getting back in to the line also. He has been caught out a few times in games not getting back until the 3rd sometimes 4th tackle, then putting in the kick and running down for another defensive set. Maybe McCrone's input last week had something to do with Campo's renewed energy.

Macko8

Juniors
If miller is fit id bring him in for picker.

I wish thurling would play that good every week

aussies1st

Staff member
Well if Furner used him properly from the start, he would have been pushing for Origin. Admittedly his early season incident didn't help as he was looking good at the start of the season but after that incident he was never the same.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Hope you smash those Rorting scum Raiders now you know how us Rabbits feel about them they have pillaged our players for years do not let them have Dugan.

RoboMuppet

Juniors
Raiders just can't win it, they have a average to decent fullback, overrated five-eight and sh*tty everything else. Hell I hate the Rooster c**k nuggets but they've got you guys covered I'm afraid. Bad luck to you bro'.

RoboMuppet

Juniors
Yeah I was expecting some Raiders fan to jump down my throat with that one, it's good to see you can actually have a civil conversation with some of you guys. Like I hope the Raiders don't get flogged or anything, I actually don't mind them but they're freaking hopeless, here's hoping you guys manage against the cocknugget Roosters though.

Cryptic

Juniors
sh*tty everything else? I would hardly call our forward back sh*tty... The main thing we lack is direction and if we finally get that working I think we will easily have the Roosters on Saturday, even with the crap short turn around...

Just again on the sh*tty everything else... Fensom... His current form you would call sh*tty? Might add he is currently the leagues lead tackler...

And again on that Croker... Anyone who watched the game on Monday night can't stop saying how great a centre he is and how well he can read the game...

Oh and for the rest of this post, Vidot = Awesome dummy half runs or carries when the forwards need a break, no ball to attack with otherwise but a good catching game when he is ATTACKING just not defending (I'm sure he can do well there too, just had a bad run of it at the same time the team was having a terrible run at holding onto anything so maybe it was contagious) :p

Last edited:

Dazraider

Juniors
the only reason we have looked dismal is ball control and 80min effort, can match any side in the comp if we hold onto it, just ask the dragons when we play woeful then turn up against them and usually win