What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Raiders v Roosters

Yeah I was expecting some Raiders fan to jump down my throat with that one, it's good to see you can actually have a civil conversation with some of you guys. Like I hope the Raiders don't get flogged or anything, I actually don't mind them but they're freaking hopeless, here's hoping you guys manage against the cocknugget Roosters though.

You come in this thread and call our fullback average to decent, he alone has saved the Raiders numerous tries. He has the best metres gained stat and would be the best defensive fullback by a mile.

The only thing sh*tty was your post, at least have a decent argument , maybe like the 5 day turn around might hurt your team , teams dont normally back up well after a Monday night.
Although the half back had a good game last week , he is yet to put 2 good games together.

That aside we are gonna kick their ass because they have an average to decent fullback, overrated five-eight and sh*tty everything else. :sarcasm:

Edit: Dugan is 2nd to Hayne for all run metres

Last edited:

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
You come in this thread and call our fullback average to decent, he alone has saved the Raiders numerous tries. He has the best metres gained stat and would be the best defensive fullback by a mile.

The only thing sh*tty was your post, at least have a decent argument , maybe like the 5 day turn around might hurt your team , teams dont normally back up well after a Monday night.
Although the half back had a good game last week , he is yet to put 2 good games together.

That aside we are gonna kick their ass because they have an average to decent fullback, overrated five-eight and sh*tty everything else. :sarcasm:

Edit: Dugan is 2nd to Hayne for all run metres

....You guys need to stop giving into trolling posts.

Is Mick Picker any good? Could he be a better option than McCrone?

From what I have read elsewhere , he is not ready for FG.
The Herb hasnt been playing that bad for SL though.
In saying that McCrone played well the other night and if he maintains that form then the 7 jumper should be his.

bitched about fensom being replaced by miller in match thread in nrl subforum but didnt realise he was injured my bad big loss works hard

aussies1st

Staff member
Fensom is definitely out, was reported on the NRL site. Pretty big move to go straight from an injury to the starting lineup but that is the best option with what we have. The other option would be Thurling at lock which Furner has done before.

shear_joy9

Coach
along with fensom, croker and logan may miss the game. Mogg to replace croker and......

thompson to replace logan. Please no.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...d-out-after-back-flares-up-20100416-skf9.html
Furner may be forced to make further changes to his side this morning; centre Jarrod Croker is in doubt with a knee injury and prop Scott Logan is still struggling to recover from a virus.
Croker trained at left centre yesterday, but appeared to be hindered by the medial ligament strain he sustained against the Eels.
If he is ruled out, Adam Mogg will move into the centres and veteran prop Troy Thompson will come onto the bench. Thompson is also on standby to replace Logan, whose energy levels have been down since the Parramatta game.

Aubusson has been ruled out for roosters aswell.

aussies1st

Staff member
James Aubusson was always out for this game. One way or another TLL will probably get more game time, if Logan plays he'll play limited minutes and if he doesn't Troy will do that.

Croker and Logan are apparently cleared to play and will take their places in the team.
So the only change is Miller for Fensom

legend

Coach
Thank god for that. Having Troy Thompson in the team scares the sh*t outta me. He is good for at least four mistakes, dropped balls and penalties a game.

Cryptic

Juniors
Well that was pathetic...

And now we have even more injuries and possibly a suspension to Shillington as well... Just awesome...

Obviously we thought we were playing at Skilled Park again and decided holding on to the call was just something we could do with-out...

Tongue, while still good in defence, was terrible at hooker today... not that we have any alternative but he just didn't do anything from there...

Not that ANYONE in the team did anything right... Thurling did well for the limited time he had, Logan did well except for his one drop of the ball...

Oh and I might add, again it "made no difference" but, what is the definition of a double movement? I thought it was that once your ball carrying arm hit the ground and if you then advanced the ball at all... You know.. like Carney's first try the video ref aparantly didn't have any issue with... Just because someone does it quickly doens't make it any less of a double movement...

Anyway.... If the team doesn't learn to talk and do sh*t we are doomed... Good effort from Thurling, Logan, Mogg (at least he was talking out there and trying to give some direction, WTF was Campo doing all game?!?!?!), OK from Miller but he needs to hold on to the f**king ball but then again so does the rest of the team...

If McCrone is out injured from that I would really really really prefer Mogg in there over Herbert... At least Mogg appears to give some direction... even if it didn't work at least it looked like something we did on purpose for a change...