What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Team vs Roosters

broncoman

Juniors
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Shaun Berrigan
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
13. Tonie Carroll
12. Corey Parker
11. Dane Carlaw
10. Petero Civoniceva
9. Casey McGuire
8. Shane Webcke.
Interchange:
14. Sam Thaiday
15. Ben Hannant
16. Brent Tate
17. David Stagg
18. Greg Eastwood (one to be omitted)

there will be no sympathy from me if we lose because Perry is in the side...

Ghoulies

Bench
Good to see Perry rewarded for that powerhouse display in round one. Is he seriously the best back-up half we have?

broncoman

Juniors
im guessing that if Ennis hadnt of been injured McGuire would have been halfback...

im tipping roosters to beat us, even with the injury problems they have, at least finch will have the chance to be the best halfback on the field for once...

salivor

First Grade
Perry isn't the answer either, he's just as average as Seymour. Bennett used to be a man who could make the tough decisions e.g. Wally Lewis, but I wonder if he's able to do that anymore. It took him 2 years to finally bite the bullet and move Locky to 5/8, how many more years until he bites that same bullet with Hunt?

salivor

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
Good to see Perry rewarded for that powerhouse display in round one. Is he seriously the best back-up half we have?

I will be fair to Perry in that the Broncos forwards were torn apart that day, even Johns would've looked average behind that effort.

I can't mark Perry down on a day when the whole side bar Hodges and Hannatt was rubbish. So he gets another game or 2 to show his wares. But frankly, why Hunt isn't in at #7 when he and Bennett wants him to get his hands on the ball more, and bring in Parfitt or move Boyd to fullback, is beyond me.

Just shows how spoilt we were for 8-9 years more or less when we week in and out could just pick #6 Walters and #7 Langer.

Mr Saab

Referee
We should win this 20 plus much like what we did to them last yr in our clash in sydney.
No morley, no cross, no shillington.

Meanie

Juniors
Not sure why he hasn't put Hunt to halfback, if there was ever a time to do it surely its now. With Seymour being dropped, Tate returning and Ennis being out for the season, surely if you're gonna do a big shuffle its better to do it in one swoop?

Mr Saab

Referee
Hunt may not have the number 7 on his back, but he will be there in the front line in attack with Lockyer.

Dazzat

First Grade
Two major positional changes at a time is a big step .... new hooker and new halfback this week ...

Everyone calling for Hunt to go to halfback is asking for too many changes at one time. My time is a Broncos win this week with Lockyer and Berrigan to have good games.

salivor

First Grade
Dazzat said:
Two major positional changes at a time is a big step .... new hooker and new halfback this week ...

Everyone calling for Hunt to go to halfback is asking for too many changes at one time. My time is a Broncos win this week with Lockyer and Berrigan to have good games.

I wouldn't say that Casey is a major change for the squad to adapt to. He's had to play there before and he's been our super sub off the bench for a while now where he's done a fair bit of dummy half work. I don't think the side will have any problems adjusting to him.

Ennis is out for the season and Seymour is a dud, this problem isn't going to go away. Lets face it, we're not a chance of winning the comp, we should be using this as a rebuilding year, get Hunt in there and give him a crack.

broncoman

Juniors
how are we gonna beat the roosters exactly? The side is worse than it has been in previous games, how are we going to improve?

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
I think giving Hunt a crack at half back this week would be beneficial for us. Is there a possibility that the one omission from the side could be Shane Perry? He has been named in the Queensland Cup (Redcliffe) this week.

http://www.qrl.com.au/queensland_cup/display_game_qcup.php?game_id=36&comp_id=1&round_number=6&comp_name=Qld%20Wizard%20Cup&home_team_id=2&away_team_id=6

Is there a possibility that he could be the one to go? Tate could slot onto the wing, which would see Boyd moved to fullback...

5. Darius Boyd
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Shaun Berrigan
16. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
1. Karmichael Hunt
13. Tonie Carroll
12. Corey Parker
11. Dane Carlaw
10. Petero Civoniceva
9. Casey McGuire
8. Shane Webcke.
Interchange:
14. Sam Thaiday
15. Ben Hannant
17. David Stagg
18. Greg Eastwood

It says on the Broncos website Seymour asked for some time in Qld Cup
http://www.broncos.com.au/index.cfm?TopMenuID=266&MenuID=296&NewsID=2699

Also, looking at the Roosters side, if we can't beat them this week, there is something seriously wrong!

Roosters:
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Chris Flannery
4. Iosia Soliola
5. Sam Perrett
6. Braith Anasta
7. Brett Finch
8. Glenn Hall
9. Craig Wing
10. David Shillington
11. Anthony Tupou
12. Steve Meredith
13. Ashley Harrison (c)
Interchange:
14. Jamie Soward
15. Mark Edmondson
16. Lopini Paea
17. Charles Tonga

That forward pack is one of the worst in the competition - other than Tupou and Harrison, its horrific. No Morely, No Fitzgibbon, also no Ryan Cross.

broncoman

Juniors
looks like tate is out with a different injury now, i guess Eastwood will come onto the bench and the side will start pretty much as originally named...

salivor

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
Hodges has now been ruled out with an ankle injury....

FMD, our two shining lights of the season so far in Ennis and Hodges both out. Put this down as a loss.

Mr Saab

Referee
salivor said:
FMD, our two shining lights of the season so far in Ennis and Hodges both out. Put this down as a loss.

have you seen the chooks team? it is not the flash.
No Morley, no Fitzgibbon, no Cross. They have lost their 3 best players from the backs and forwards.

Latest posts