What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Silvertails

Iamback

Coach
Yeah that's my point...

Why are we having to read about it in the papers or in a thread on LU...

Definitely something the club could do better.

Players play with injury all the time. Do you release every injury?

Iamback

Coach
I agree. The club could be more proactive with injury news. It took 8 days to find out Garner had a rib injury.
I don't mind secrecy around finals time, but most times it would be good to find out earlier in the week.

Garner played with the injury, Making it public gets him targeted by the opposition

BxTom

Bench
I agree. The club could be more proactive with injury news. It took 8 days to find out Garner had a rib injury.
I don't mind secrecy around finals time, but most times it would be good to find out earlier in the week.
It would take at the very least half of that time to be able to assess the injury.

Iamback

Coach
I am not talking about players carrying injuries. The ones out injured He was rested the following game and nothing was said why for several days.

Yeah but they might of been going to play him this week. The Friday video has it all in it but allows them to decide if he is going to be playing, Or have surgery etc

Iamback

Coach
Still nothing on fish.

Very poor by the club imo.

I don't care when they release there little video every week on the injured brigade...

They'd have known on Monday by 12pm... anyone that thinks otherwise or says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Would've been in for scans Monday morning at 9am and had them back straight away...

Whether it's bad or not i think the club could be way better with this stuff.

It is common though in other sports.

My NHL side has gone all in to win the comp. They currently have 2 guys:

Day to day with lower body injuries

My NBA team:

Have player with a busted ankle - will be assessed in 2 weeks.

Another missed a couple of games due to 'An illness'

So you get vague reports in every sport. So waiting a few extra days and getting a more indepth report is fine

Latest posts