What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Silvertails

Crashtest

Juniors
We need time to adapt, The WC into the needing 8 weeks break has left a short off season.

I reckon we will be firing by the Roosters game however then it is in to Origin side. Our depth guys have been taken so likely to drop some more games

We have a brutal run home, No byes included so can't freshen up. The round 3 bye hasn't helped.

Had that of been Round 23 or so. We could of played another game together to get combinations early. Freshened up without risking dropping points in a likely congested top 6 or so.

That said we will be almost unbeatable next year. Give that left side another offseason together and look out

Despite the short offseason though, and losing two key players and having to adjust our attack, we are already coming second, once again have the best defence in the league, and have the best for and against.

We may lose more games this season than we did in any of the last 3 seasons, but I am still predicting a top 4 finish, and that is good enough to give us a strong chance of making our 4th straight grand final.

Despite the short offseason though, and losing two key players and having to adjust our attack, we are already coming second, once again have the best defence in the league, and have the best for and against.

We may lose more games this season than we did in any of the last 3 seasons, but I am still predicting a top 4 finish, and that is good enough to give us a strong chance of making our 4th straight grand final.
Scoring the most points per game as well…

Crashtest

Juniors
Scoring the most points per game as well…

Good point, especially after all the comments about their attack after the first couple of games.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I have seen enough even this early in the season to think the Kenny and Luke combo will work out well this year. And that Hosking has filled our gap at edge forward.

Iamback

Coach

We are 2nd correct. The bye pushed us higher for now it evens out. We lose this week we could drop out of the 8 - unlikely but shows how close it is

A lot of teams have been hammered by injuries.

Canberra had no Wighton, Cotric or Savage.
Manly was depleted
Souths had no pack
Hell even Walsh was missing when we played the Broncos.

This week we play a Knights team missing Brailey and Ponga.

Storm have been pounded by injuries and still just behind us, Same too Roosters.

Broncos have a soft draw to start the year, Lots of footy to play out yet. 2018 1st-8th was seperated by 4 points, It wouldn't surprise me if we had similar this year

BxTom

Bench
I can but given you do nothing but dribble shit, I have you on ignore. So don't see your petty unprovoked attacks

So you criticise others because you claim to always be right and they can't disagree with you and come out with this crap. Talk about plodders...

Crashtest

Juniors
We are 2nd correct. The bye pushed us higher for now it evens out. We lose this week we could drop out of the 8 - unlikely but shows how close it is

A lot of teams have been hammered by injuries.

Canberra had no Wighton, Cotric or Savage.
Manly was depleted
Souths had no pack
Hell even Walsh was missing when we played the Broncos.

This week we play a Knights team missing Brailey and Ponga.

Storm have been pounded by injuries and still just behind us, Same too Roosters.

Broncos have a soft draw to start the year, Lots of footy to play out yet

I agree with all that you said, and that there is still lots of footy to play out.

But, the Panthers have also had to deal with injury, being without their best prop, their best edge forward, their second best winger and another edge forward.

The Panthers success over last 3 seasons has been built on their defence. And they have already shown that they are still the best defensive team in the league. And their attack, despite being a work in progress, is continuing to improve and will only get better with more games together.

Iamback

Coach
I agree with all that you said, and that there is still lots of footy to play out.

But, the Panthers have also had to deal with injury, being without their best prop, their best edge forward, their second best winger and another edge forward.

The Panthers success over last 3 seasons has been built on their defence. And they have already shown that they are still the best defensive team in the league. And their attack, despite being a work in progress, is continuing to improve and will only get better with more games together.

We have Origin still to get over with much depleted depth no doubt other injuries will come up

Agreed we are a defence based team but we had the 2nd best attack last year.
3rd best in the attack dominated 2021.
Best attack 2020.

Going further back Roosters were 2nd best attack both years they won the comp

Storm best attack in 2017

Sharks 2nd best in 2016.

So there is a decent enough sample size to see you need both sides to win comps.

The lack of depth for me is the main issue with getting top 4

Murraymob1

Juniors
Does it matter best defence best attack best pop corn sellers .Winning games is what matters and we are
Yes we are a work in progress losing our 2 strike players and a late start to the year.Sometimes you play teams minus player .We can’t controll that .All up we are improving on a week to week basis

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Good point, especially after all the comments about their attack after the first couple of games.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I have seen enough even this early in the season to think the Kenny and Luke combo will work out well this year. And that Hosking has filled our gap at edge forward.
Luke being tiny and frail is the issue, if he's fit in the finals we can win it all but without him it would be a real uphill battle. I'd be getting some games into Sommerton asap

Murraymob1

Juniors
Cowboys have been the disappoint of the year so far .they are struggling big time.Hard to know why they have the same talent as last year.
The warriors great to see them rise and improve a lot of that I put down to be settled back at home .hopefullt this will help get there junior base going