What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 23rd April 7:35pm @CommBank Stadium

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Absolutely disgusting from the majority of the team, silly errors, silly penalties. Worst completion rate in the comp.
Bloody awful, totally clueless and disinterested.
Yep, a couple of unimpressive wins have masked how average we are going.

That last 6/7 minutes was shambolic - dropped balls, pathetic field goal attempt, Cook with no one to pass to with the game for the taking and then we don’t even create a contest for the final kick off.

Rubbish even allowing for injuries !

Nafedogg

Juniors
I hope the whole team has a bloody good hard look at themselves after that one. The list of poor performances far outweighs the good. That’s a game we should have won, taking out the injuries, that would go close to the worst game I’ve watched in a while.

What I can’t get over is why we have so many errors? The loose carries, knock ons, and general rubbish. I can live with a loss if there was genuine effort put in, the defence was ok, and had to do it under pressure, but as moorehead st said, it was pressure caused by our own mistakes.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Next week:

Taaffe
AJ
Campbell
Tass
Mansour
Cody
Reyno
Tatola (injured shoulder though)
Cook
Tom
Keaon (carrying injury)
Arrow
Murray

Dunno what the bench will be:

Maybe:

Knight (injured though)
Moale
Havili
Mamozelos/Shaq Mitchell.

Nicholls, Sele, Host, Chee Kam, Jed all injured.

callmack1

Staff member
Thought I'd give myself a few hours to cool down after that but it hasn't worked at all. I'm fuming more about it now than I was before because stuff just keeps going over and over in my head.

What a disgusting performance. Absolutely disgraceful and I genuinely think every single person wearing a Red and Green jersey on the field out there tonight should be ashamed of themselves. It was diabolical, it really was, there's no other way to say it. This was a game we really needed to win, really should have won but we turned out one of our worst performances of all time.

It was the errors that killed us, simple as that, and it's been the story of our Season so far. Something like 16 again tonight. Seriously, that is school boy stuff. They were all basic errors too that can be avoided with better focus. Like seriously, what is going on? It killed us. The Tigers had a lot of ball and field position all game because we gave it to them. We constantly tuned the ball over. You can't do that and expect to win against anyone, it just ain't happening. I'm so pissed off because I know we probably win that game easy with a good completion rate. That was the difference. It shouldn't be that hard.

Plenty of dumb stuff too. How the hell can you not set up for a field goal at the end? Why the hell did we shift the ball from one side to another. That's school boy stuff for god sake!!

The ref did play a part no doubt. Plenty of calls that went against us and the Tigers were allowed to be constantly offside and constantly all over us in the ruck. Some of the calls against us were laughable and it certainly played it's part.

The injuries played their part too.

However, this is not an excuse. We were our own worst enemy. The Tigers aren't a better side than us, I genuinely believe that, we were just that bad that we let them win.

Gotta say I'm pretty broken. That one really hurts. So angry, so depressed.

handyman2190

Bench
Bloody awful, totally clueless and disinterested.
I wouldnt say disinterested, defence wasnt too bad considering all the ball,penaltys and 6 agains they recieved, this favouring the top teams and slugging the bottom teams complaint screwed us,this idiot ref overcompensated , needless to say we still didnt deserve to win.
Was cody playing? Were was he when we needed the field goal? Leaving it to a rookie.

handyman2190

Bench
Thought I'd give myself a few hours to cool down after that but it hasn't worked at all. I'm fuming more about it now than I was before because stuff just keeps going over and over in my head.

What a disgusting performance. Absolutely disgraceful and I genuinely think every single person wearing a Red and Green jersey on the field out there tonight should be ashamed of themselves. It was diabolical, it really was, there's no other way to say it. This was a game we really needed to win, really should have won but we turned out one of our worst performances of all time.

It was the errors that killed us, simple as that, and it's been the story of our Season so far. Something like 16 again tonight. Seriously, that is school boy stuff. They were all basic errors too that can be avoided with better focus. Like seriously, what is going on? It killed us. The Tigers had a lot of ball and field position all game because we gave it to them. We constantly tuned the ball over. You can't do that and expect to win against anyone, it just ain't happening. I'm so pissed off because I know we probably win that game easy with a good completion rate. That was the difference. It shouldn't be that hard.

Plenty of dumb stuff too. How the hell can you not set up for a field goal at the end? Why the hell did we shift the ball from one side to another. That's school boy stuff for god sake!!

The ref did play a part no doubt. Plenty of calls that went against us and the Tigers were allowed to be constantly offside and constantly all over us in the ruck. Some of the calls against us were laughable and it certainly played it's part.

However, this is not an excuse. We were our own worst enemy. The Tigers aren't a better side than us, I genuinely believe that, we were just that bad that we let them win.

Gotta say I'm pretty broken. That one really hurts. So angry, so depressed.
Couldnt have said it better myself

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I can understand your frustration, but there were plenty of examples of Souths laying in the ruck/ racing up in defence and being offside as well. The inconsistency is the frustrating thing, and the ref was exactly that for both sides. Set restarts and penalties were fairly even.

It was south error rates that killed them, and playing a side that completes all bar 1 set for the game combined with a reduced bench makes it an almost impossible task.

Morehead St

Juniors
Focus is the key - and that's where you need someone to be continually yapping to keep mates on task. To be constantly reminding all of their jobs - and stressing what is expected of them.

That we scored two tries when a man down illustrates what we are capable of - but the remaining 70 minutes hinted that we were just waiting for a bit of magic to bring us a win.

Work brings victories. Everyone on task.

If any good comes from this, it should serve as a wakeup call to remind all that we are playing this year's comp - not last year's. New roster in key positions; new coach. A reset in attitude and expectations must be on the cards. This loss could, and should, provide a space for reassessment on a team level, but more importantly, on an individual level.

If the Tigers showed us anything, it was the tremendous difference one player can do when lifting those around him - Jackson Hastings. Not only has he been able to dictate terms to other teams, but he is constantly talking to give the sense that the team is being directed; that there is a purpose to their play. The resultant lift in performance from the rest of the side is evident.

Good luck to the Tigers - their completion rate was just about perfect, while indiscretions were kept to a minimum. They worked for their win; whereas we appeared to be just expecting a win.

callmack1

Staff member

Morehead St

Juniors
2 weeks ago, members here spruiking we’re a top 4 side while I commented we’ll be lucky to make the 8.
What are your thoughts now
It was a dick head comment back then - it is still a dick head comment now.
One bad game makes you a Mystic, a Seer, a Visionary beyond compare, eh?
I think you are more psycho than psychic.
You are going through Menopause, Luvvie. Keep your nonsense to yourself.
Call me a 'sad child' you hollow-brained, dead shit (You see Dumbo, I can use that type of language as well as any other on here)
Rabbit toes...Pffft. More harebrained than anything else.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I didn’t like JD singling our Milne in the presser, I think that was inexperience showing from JD. That should be done behind closed doors.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are nearly out of second rowers it’s concerning now we need to play Arrow on the edge for the full 80mins too......

Bench not looking like good reading:

Knight
Moale
Havili
Mamozelos

We may be able to get an exemption for Shaq to play but I’m not sure