What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Titans

Kilkenny

Coach
Every single online sports forum in the world, there is always someone who loves to trot this line out. Sitting around with a bunch of mates in real life talking sport, I've never heard anyone ever pull this one out, because it is a precious, defensive, pointless attempt to prevent discussion.

You obviously haven't been around here long enough Billy to know I don't stiffle discussion. Far from it. I value people's informed opinions that everyone is entitled to. I simple make the valid point our coach at the end of the day is in the best position to make informed decisions based on a lot of factors that he sees day in day out. We won tonight. We got the two points. Yes it was far from perfect. But it was a gutsy win. Perhaps a win we would not have enjoyed under our former coaching regime so perhaps some credit should go to Cleary and his team.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can't speak for other but IMO you need to score atleast 20 points or 4 tries on average over the season to go well.

We currently sit at 15.7 points per game or 2.7 tries per game. luckily we have conceded the exact same. So I hardly have huge expectations for our attack.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
You obviously haven't been around here long enough Billy to know I don't stiffle discussion. Far from it. I value people's informed opinions that everyone is entitled to. I simple make the valid point our coach at the end of the day is in the best position to make informed decisions based on a lot of factors that he sees day in day out. We won tonight. We got the two points. Yes it was far from perfect. But it was a gutsy win. Perhaps a win we would not have enjoyed under our former coaching regime so perhaps some credit should go to Cleary and his team.

When our former coaching regime was Matt Elliott, I'm hardly going to throw a victory parade about a two point victory over a very poor Titans side.

Anyway, I was just pointing out, I hate, hate, hate that "argument" that our views are invalid because we are not the coach. It's a given that Cleary has more information than us - so did Elliott, so did Simmons, so did McClennan at the Warriors, so does Bennett, Bellamy, Robinson. Are we not to critique any coach's game plans or playing style on those grounds?

mxlegend99

Referee
Titans have taken a lot of close games this year because they get a lot of calls going their way and are good at being within range for the 80 minutes. We're the first team to stop them snatching that win at the end of the game.

Sharks, Raiders, Storm and Broncos all failed to win close games against the Titans. Outside of the Sharks, those wins are pretty impressive IMO. 40 odd tackles on our goal line, penalties awarded nearly everytime they made an error so we couldn't build pressure. We did very well to win this game at all.

meek

Juniors
FMD Chris...Still bagging Wallace even though he was clear MOTM tonight. You are a real treat.

I'll give you one thing...you are very consistent.

AMEN
ive bagged Wallace's signing adnauseam but even I could see he played well tonight and and if he plays like that more often than not hes won me over

Thought Taylor , Idris , Peachey ,Latimore IMO along with Wallace where our best
Kingston forward pass could have cost the game that play alone should nearly send him to NSW cup IMO

Pomoz

Bench
I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but right now, Segyaro does not deserve to be picked as the starting hooker. Kingston, in spite of his forward pass (I used the c word for that one and got a bollocking of my missus), has been better than Segyaro. But...

I think we have created a bit of a problem in Segyaro's mindset by not ever giving him the starting hooker position. He now tries to pull of miracle hits and plays when he comes on. He gave away four penalties and made two errors and yet he only run for 20m. He is supposed to be explosive from dummy half and this season, I haven't seen it yet. I think we have messed with his head. A spell in reggies and a promise to be given a proper shot at hooker might help settle him down.

I say this because I agree that we suffer with being too lightweight when he comes off the bench. In our team, we are a little on the small side so we can't get away with it as easily as say somebody like the Titans with their heavy artillery.

Pomoz

Bench
As for the rest of the game:
-Take a bow Jamal Idris. He is proving to be a much better player than I thought and he rolls the sleeves up and gets stuck in. I hope he doesn't get picked for Origin though. QLD are going to win anyway and he might get hurt.
-Wallace was awesome and it was great to see a halfback run the ball. On top of that, he is such a good defender.
-The whole team should take a bow for their defence. Repeated sets on our line and they have the biggest man in the world in Dave Taylor, who is in form and running hard at us. He never broke the line! He got no change out of Whare and Sika.
-Sika is out of form and not doing enough work. More runs please.
-Elijah Taylor had an awesome game. Run hard and tackled like a demon. He is a great buy for us and dare I say if the other back rower lifted his work rate, he may have something to offer in attack. At the moment he is doing the work of two men (Sika, I mean you).

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I can't believe how good Latimore's tackling efficiency is. Another 35 with 0 missed last night according to nrlstats.com

Blackkat

Juniors
He is denying it (of course). He has no idea what was going on.

He is accusing Penrith of moving off the mark at play the balls, yet he walks 2+mtrs after he is tackled. He berated Mansour on field of faking the high tackle saying he took a dive but falls off his feet dramatically after the Manu push. :crazy:

Bird is a playing contradiction.

He should spend some time teaching Harrison how to hold onto balls as well as him. :eek:

chrisD

Coach
AMEN
Thought Taylor , Idris , Peachey ,Latimore IMO along with Wallace where our best

This Latimore stuff is getting comical. Really now, can you try making a coherent argument as to why you think he was one of our best last night?

betcats

Referee
This Latimore stuff is getting comical. Really now, can you try making a coherent argument as to why you think he was one of our best last night?

Why don't you tell us why it is so comical? He has quite easily been our best performing prop. Wallace was our best last night imo but Latimore was good again, 35 tackles for 0 missed and he looked strong running the ball again.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Jesus there are some negative "fans" out there - Every week, win or lose, some dickheads are never happy and just want to bitch and moan about some favourite player not getting picked - We won guys, be f**king happy about it

chrisD

Coach
Why don't you tell us why it is so comical? He has quite easily been our best performing prop. Wallace was our best last night imo but Latimore was good again, 35 tackles for 0 missed and he looked strong running the ball again.

He took 3 more runs to make 15 less meters than Grant. Per run he made less meters than every other prop out there last night, a crap 5.7m a run.

And defence, Sika hasn't missed a tackle in three games defending dynamic ball runners and reading ball plays on the edge, and Grant missed his first and only tackle last night, yet strangely their defensive efficiency isn't striking anyone down in amazement.

betcats

Referee
He took 3 more runs to make 15 less meters than Grant. Per run he made less meters than every other prop out there last night, a crap 5.7m a run.

And defence, Sika hasn't missed a tackle in three games defending dynamic ball runners and reading ball plays on the edge, and Grant missed his first and only tackle last night, yet strangely their defensive efficiency isn't striking anyone down in amazement.

None of the forwards made big metres last night but Latimore had some good runs at crucial times. One in particular was a half break coming off our own line for 15-20 metres.

Also Manu and Grant are former rep players and guys who are much more recognised then Latimore, it is suprising to see him playing so well, which is why it is mentioned so much.

Why do you care who others praise?

chrisD

Coach
None of the forwards made big metres last night but Latimore had some good runs at crucial times. One in particular was a half break coming off our own line for 15-20 metres.

Also Manu and Grant are former rep players and guys who are much more recognised then Latimore, it is suprising to see him playing so well, which is why it is mentioned so much.

Why do you care who others praise?

What are you talking about none of our forwards made big meters? Grant made over 9 meters a hit up, that's up close to top tier and a world away from a shithouse 5.7m a run regardless of how strong Latimore "looked".

He stated the weakest running prop on the field was amongst our best, I asked him to back his opinion up, now what exactly is unreasonable about that to you?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
His metres were down last night but defence still very good.

After round 5, foxsportsstats provided me with his stats and he was averaging 12 runs for 105m per game. That is good for a prop who would be on not much more than the minimum salary.

meek

Juniors

Christ Almighty ill be glad when F--king Grants Gone then i wont have to read your drivel pushing his barrow constantly -
Hey great idea -- why dont you switch to the sths forum you can sing his THEME SONG over there and leave us all in peace.

BTW IMO - [i am entited to an opinion] i thought Latimore played well - if you dont like it too bad

Last edited: