What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I thik the truth of the matter lies in what happens in the aftermath of this game

In all incidences, wether we lose heavily, lose gamely or even jag some sort of miracle win, we will know for sure if Mc85 is being micromanaged.

In all cases mentioned there is cause for realisation by the board its a matter of when not if they pull the trigger

LINESPEED

Juniors
I thik the truth of the matter lies in what happens in the aftermath of this game

In all incidences, wether we lose heavily, lose gamely or even jag some sort of miracle win, we will know for sure if Mc85 is being micromanaged.

In all cases mentioned there is cause for realisation by the board its a matter of when not if they pull the trigger

Well Waterboys & Conerunners
need micromanagement lest they stuff up the drinks, trip over players, forget the messaging & how to operate the sound

...or get the cones out of whack, fluoros back the front or FMD lose their ID

So Andrew had to stick him in a box

PS
He’d be consoling Lafai & Jordy ATM & grieving over the loss of James’ puff piece arselicking

denis preston

First Grade
It's going to be interesting re Saab. If i were Robinson, I'd be instructing Keary and Flanagan to kick down his side, then get the forwards to hit him hard in defense. I hope his body can handle it.

Our back 3 are heart-attack material defensively.
Lets hope they get enough opportunities in attack.
Because he is so tall low kicks behind him more likely, but our renowned coaching staff would have trained him in how to combat this for sure !!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Because he is so tall low kicks behind him more likely, but our renowned coaching staff would have trained him in how to combat this for sure !!
Same goes for Tupou though, surely Norman who has actually being playing 7 with a 6 on his back can put some grubber in behind Tupou for Rava to charge through and either, get a try, line dropout or bring the smash.

BLM01

First Grade
Same goes for Tupou though, surely Norman who has actually being playing 7 with a 6 on his back can put some grubber in behind Tupou for Rava to charge through and either, get a try, line dropout or bring the smash.
You never know..he might need to put up a bomb for someone taller :p

Belta

Juniors
It’s never the same not live, just jump on the Dragons roller coaster and witness first hand an inspirational win or another nail in the coffin.

My problem is I’ve always had a poor attitude to sport, losing just piss$s me off, it really gives me the sh$ts. None of the family see my rationale, and when I think about it I can’t either, I’m your classic sore loser. I just want to get my bat and go home when I get out. So rather than swearing at the television and having a hissy fit I’m thinking I’d be better watching a flowering plant being fertilised, I may change my mind and risk upsetting myself, I’m abit indecisive.

My problem is I’ve always had a poor attitude to sport, losing just piss$s me off, it really gives me the sh$ts. None of the family see my rationale, and when I think about it I can’t either, I’m your classic sore loser. I just want to get my bat and go home when I get out. So rather than swearing at the television and having a hissy fit I’m thinking I’d be better watching a flowering plant being fertilised, I may change my mind and risk upsetting myself, I’m abit indecisive.
You are describing a winners philosophy which we don't have.
Losing is OK as long as McGregor is still the coach.
Being "loyal" and coming second last in 2019 is what our club philosophy is all about.
The sooner the Board adopt your rationale, the sooner we will start being competitive again.
There is nothing wrong with being a classic sore loser. d058ccbf6c81800a98889598b03533fa828b4732.jpg sore loser.

Old Timer

Coach
Maybe vegetables would be better than flowers.

With them you can take it out on the slugs and snails that attack them and ultimately if you are really pissed off you can rip them out of the ground and chew their heads off.

I find it very therapeutic.

Bench
I hate when our team gets beat but after the last few years I have no expectations of winning
I need that winning feeling again. I have a bottle of Makers Mark waiting till we get rid of McIdiot and back to where we belong
I still believe we should be back at Kogarah our spiritual home

getsmarty

Immortal
Business as usual for new leader of Dragons pack
Dragons Den
r390_0_4496_2997_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

KEY MAN: Dragons prop Paul Vaughan. Picture: Dragons Media

DRAGONS coach Paul McGregor hasn't tapped Paul Vaughan on the shoulder for a private chat this week - he doesn't need to.

A Test and Origin incumbent, Vaughan has been the club's most consistent performer over the past three seasons, earning NSW and Australian jumpers along the way.

The 29-year-old has been monstrous in two vital wins on the bounce, running for 195 metres from 18 carries last week and a whopping 204 metres from 19 carries against the Sharks a week earlier.

It's played no small part in turning around a dismal start for his side and his contribution will only become more important following the departure of James Graham just a week ahead of arguably the toughest stretch of the season.

Now in his eighth season, he's played 50 more games than fellow forwards Blake Lawrie, Jacob Host, Josh Kerr and Jackson Ford - combined. He'll need to go up a notch this week against the Roosters, and the game's premier forward, pack but he doesn't need reminding of that fact, from Paul McGregor or anyone else.

"We haven't talked about that we're just worrying about Friday night and playing the way we know we can," Vaughan said.

"[Graham's] had a great career so I think he's earned the right to exit or go about the end of his career the way he wants. We've got some good kids coming through at the moment so obviously, with James leaving, there's a good chance for a couple of young blokes to step up and it's a good chance for me also to be more of a leader.

"I'm not really all that vocal, I'd rather do my talking on the field, but if that's the position I have to take up I'm more than happy to do that. I'll just take it as it comes.

"The boys have got good confidence after those past two games. We're putting little things in place where we want to improve each week which we're doing and it's a great test for us on Friday night.

"We're going up against the champs this week which is exciting. You want to play the best and if you want to make a dent in this comp you need to win these big games so the boys are looking forward to the challenge."

Roosters lock Victor Radley has been arguably the form forward of the competition since it resumed, while Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Siosiua Taukeiaho are widely regarded as the best front-row pair in the competition.

It's a daunting prospect for any side but Vaughan said it's something he's looking forward to.

"As a front-rower you want to go up against the best and Siosiua and Jared are quality," Vaughan said.

"Siosiua I really rate very highly as a player, Radley's going pretty well too. It's very exciting to put myself up against that kind of pack, you relish those chances to come up against quality opposition.

"You find a bit out about yourself and you just want to put your best foot forward and that's what I'll be looking to do on Friday. We've got a belief in ourselves here that we're preparing like we know we can and we're improving little bits in our game we want to get better at.

"We're pretty comfortable with our 17 at the moment, we've got a little roll on, so it gives us and opportunity to put ourselves up against the best. We're getting better but we have a lot of improving to do as well so it's a great test against the Chooks."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...usual-for-new-leader-of-dragons-pack/?cs=3713

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Haha I won’t be to pissed off if we lose to Rorters unless we lose at the death or controversially. I go in with pretty low expectations as a lifelong Dragons fan.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You are describing a winners philosophy which we don't have.
Losing is OK as long as McGregor is still the coach.
Being "loyal" and coming second last in 2019 is what our club philosophy is all about.
The sooner the Board adopt your rationale, the sooner we will start being competitive again.
There is nothing wrong with being a classic sore loser. View attachment 39435 sore loser.
When you are playing yes that is the case, but being a sore loser at something you have no control over the outcome of is a bit different imo. We are paying $6.50 for a reason.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You never know..he might need to put up a bomb for someone taller :p
Would be nice if they do switch sides. Zac is going really well at the moment and being outside him and beginning to build a nice combo especially if we jag an against the odder, might convince him to stay. Being outside Aitken no so much. As a plus Rava definitely won’t drop the ball as much outside Aitken at least off passes.

redv13

Bench
If both teams play like last week we’ll lose by 40. I say we have close to zero chance of winning

Dragon Revival

Juniors
To win against the Roosters we will need to address the following:-
-Dropped balls by wingers and full-back.
-Dour defence.
-Exhilarating attack.
-Excellent goal kicking.
-Rapid passing.
-Backing up ball players.
I am so glad that Flanagan and Young get a vote in selections as Mc Gregor is hopeless. We now have multiple points of attack directed by Dufty, Norman, Clune, Mc Innes and Hunt. In the last two games and the Newcastle trial the backline plays have been exciting to watch. In trials and actual games this year the Dragons have won 3 out of 8 games which is not good. We should have won the Penrith game which we lost 32-28. If we had won that game we would have won 4 out of 8 games played. With the current team selections the team has some of the attacking flair of the Brian Smith coached teams of the 1990's. Fire up Dragons and roast those rorting Roosters!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
To win against the Roosters we will need to address the following:-
-Dropped balls by wingers and full-back.
-Dour defence.
-Exhilarating attack.
-Excellent goal kicking.
-Rapid passing.
-Backing up ball players.
I am so glad that Flanagan and Young get a vote in selections as Mc Gregor is hopeless. We now have multiple points of attack directed by Dufty, Norman, Clune, Mc Innes and Hunt. In the last two games and the Newcastle trial the backline plays have been exciting to watch. In trials and actual games this year the Dragons have won 3 out of 8 games which is not good. We should have won the Penrith game which we lost 32-28. If we had won that game we would have won 4 out of 8 games played. With the current team selections the team has some of the attacking flair of the Brian Smith coached teams of the 1990's. Fire up Dragons and roast those rorting Roosters!
Ford is exciting too off the bench, he’s perfect for the rules, can’t wait to see him come on and bring sone speed in the forwards.

Latest posts