What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Warriors at WIN

Same here.
I was driving last night and listening to the ABC radio call, but Saints looked as good as they sounded.
Impossible to pick a 3-2-1, they were all immense. Here's hoping that the Mary/Hook-ball is finally being purged from us.
Personal highlights:
1) Sloan looking down at the emblem as he finished his 90 metre dash to the line.
2) JdB dragging Harris back off the goal line when he had all but scored, reminiscent of Matt Cooper's tackle on McQueen years ago.
Fun to watch - not cos we won but because we were good to watch, from start to finish.
JDB will thank the upright for saving his blushes as he was caught a little out of position and would not have saved the try without the 14th defender.

Yesterday our Team, across the park were great. Without a doubt, our defensive resolve in keeping the Warriors to 2 tries was our best defensive performance for years and years.
I think our backbone was Tom Eisenhuth with 56 tackles keeping our middle rock solid. Our forwards as a pack, were great.
Our completions up until the last 10 minutes were at 91%. Don’t give them cheap field position and look what’s possible!
Can’t wait for Anzac Day.

TruSaint

Referee
Checking the mood in here...

200w.gif

TheRev

First Grade
There are several reasons why BMM is less suited to those tough carries. But for anyone who is curious have a look at his last couple of carries in the match- which aren't even particularly tough- when he is tiring and you'll get the idea. The main thing is the different roles. BMM comes on for a few minutes either side of halftime to have a few wrecking ball carries. He is big and fast and is a real handful with a head of steam. We don't want to waste his limited energy on the tough carries that he won't do better than Lawrie, the other middles, or the OBs.
I have been calling for BMM as a bench prop for 9 months.. everyone on here thought I was an idiot... the problem last year (in 1st grade) was he was playing long minutes in the 2nd row.. that's on the coach and tbf we were weak in the 2nd row at the time (remember Russell and Burns).

But I watch a lot of cup, and BMM (a bit like Musgrove before him) comes on and and skittles blokes like ten pins.. we can have all the workhorses we like, but we dont have any other big bodies like BMM.. that can not only dent the line but punch right through it.. we just cant run them for big minutes.

BMM also got us rolling in that Round 1 Titans win.. it really set up our good period, it seemed to go unnoticed by fans.

Not sure what the best bench combination is to utilise him.. but he also covers 2nd row.

jeffdragon

Bench
I agree with your comment Dragon Blood regarding that pass to Lomax being forward. The ref was right on the line of sight to see the pass. Had he been say a metre behind, he might have let it go.

Have a great time at the birthday party today and enjoy the camping/caravan show on Sunday and wear that Red V Jersey with utmost pride.

The game on Anzac Day will be a tough one as usual and I will give my comments on the Game Thread nearing game day.

Cheers DD
Enjoy.

Thats more like it Dragons, two on the trot.

1. Tyrell Sloan - 7/10. Improving game by game.
  2. Christian Tuipulotu - 6/10 A sound debut. Still lacking a touch of fitness.
  3. Moses Suli- 7/10 ran hard, made important tackles .
  4. Zac Lomax - 9/10 another blinder.
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa - 6/10 loves playing outside Lomax.
  6. Kyle Flanagan - 6/10 needs to have his hands on ball more. Keeps pulling off vital tackles.
  7. Ben Hunt- 7/10 his best game pf the season.
  8. Francis Molo - 6/10 less impact than recent games.
  9. Jacob Liddle - 8/10 troubled them with his dummy half darts. Prolific defender.
  10. Hame Sele - 8/10 impressed with his strong carries and his hard hitting round the legs tackling.
  11. Raymond Faitala-Mariner - 7/10 perhaps his best game. Needs to up his involvement in attack
  12. Jaydn Su’A - 8/10 unrelenting in attack and defense.
  13. Tom Eisenhuth - 6/10 a strong defensive game, another weak attacking one.
  14. Fa'amanu Brown - 6/10 only had short mins to impress
  15. Jack de Belin - 9/10 arguably in career best form.
  16. Blake Lawrie - 7/10 another 100m plus effort from Blocka
  17. Ben Murdoch-Masila- 7/10 by far his best game for the Dragons.

Last edited: