What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Warriors at WIN

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Love Rava but I doubt he plays firsts next year.
I think we will be looking for a bit more.
If we could nab Teruva I think he slots in for Rava.
Hmm. What makes you say that Crush? Rava is definitely a brilliant tryscorer and used to be a great defensive winger as well. Is it footy smarts / lack of flair that points you in the direction of him not playing firsts?

Crush

Coach
Hmm. What makes you say that Crush? Rava is definitely a brilliant tryscorer and used to be a great defensive winger as well. Is it footy smarts / lack of flair that points you in the direction of him not playing firsts?
I’m being harsh perhaps, he feels to me like a 7/10 winger. Great at getting out of our own end, can bulldoze over for tries.
But lacks the speed and athleticism of someone like a Mulatalo.
Also, his defence is questionable at times.
But what would I know, I said we should drop Sloan a couple of weeks back (got that wrong!)

I back that. There are two ready made to replace Rava and Zac next year Sione Finau who is a speed merchant with the size to break tackles or Christian T who made a decent debut today. Dont think Flanagan rates Finau as he is yet to debut him after two years with the club. CT is faster than Rava and from what I have seen of him in Ressies he has better positional play, in other words he stays on his wing , unlike Rava who wanders inside too often misses his man and leaves a yawning gap for his opposite to stroll thru.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Rava is definitely a 7/10 winger, but hes a battle-hardened first grader too.. im not positive SFinau or ChristanT or Tamale are actually better.. noting that none of our wingers ever get the ball in space... so you need to bring big carries at a minimum..... if I was coach I'd try to move 1 of them on for next year...

What I would really like to do is get Williams moving up grades asap.. because a winger who can bring raw speed.. thats something im interested in.. the rest are like flip a coin.. but a winger who also brings raw speed is giving us something we do not have currently.. and right now we are a bit of a 1 trick pony with Sloan.. ok 2 with Zac, but Zac wont be here.

Crush

Coach
Rava is definitely a 7/10 winger, but hes a battle-hardened first grader too.. im not positive SFinau or ChristanT or Tamale are actually better.. noting that none of our wingers ever get the ball in space... so you need to bring big carries at a minimum..... if I was coach I'd try to move 1 of them on for next year...

What I would really like to do is get Williams moving up grades asap.. because a winger who can bring raw speed.. thats something im interested in.. the rest are like flip a coin.. but a winger who also brings raw speed is giving us something we do not have currently.. and right now we are a bit of a 1 trick pony with Sloan.. ok 2 with Zac, but Zac wont be here.
Defs not saying that the guys in reserve grade are better, more that we will go to market for a winger or two.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Unbelievable defence in the first 15 minutes with all the six agains.

Keep the foot down and Warriors in disarray by half time and the rest is history.

Huth was massive. New nickname, BP "quite achiever", CT was safe under the high balls and Sloan backed up his defence and covering on the line from last week.

Sione Finau is pretty fast!

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I think we will be looking for a bit more.
If we could nab Teruva I think he slots in for Rava.
what little bit more are we looking for? He showed when he gets the ball he is very effective and other teams are aware of how forceful he is. He rarely gets beaten in defence, he is fine by me.

BLM01

First Grade
My take on the game.
1. Good performance from all of the 17, minimal errors, of course spine and higher paid players earned their keep..but
2. Shout out to JDB and BMM (dont care how many minutes he played) they changed the game in the 1st half when come on with how hard they run, others made incisive good runs but those 2 had more impact.
3. Aside from penalties / 6 agains which goes both ways, I would love to get the 50 / 50's at home including forward passes as Egan / Johnson left a couple out there and bounce of the ball stuff. Was DWZ's a try ball on line?.
4. All in good defense when they came into our half
5. Sua prefers right side, so Luc back to left + Birdy for Nu Brown on bench are the changes I would made

Negatives -
1.we still allow too many metres in the middle for the opposition coming out of our end whether it is not strong enough contact or sitting back defensively (not sure that is our plan to come up a bit and slide.?)
2. I am being harsh but at 30-6 and Warriors on the ropes I did not think we went on with the performance and lost concentration last 15-20, not helped by Sutton decisions. F & A is important especially where we were a few weeks ago.

Latest posts