What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Broncos 2016 Game Discussion

Apey

Staff member
I thought either nobody was interested in this game or everyone is confused because we're playing the Fridays on Saturday, but it seems that everyone is just in the other thread.

Let's go team, we can lose by less than Souths did last night I reckon.

Burns

First Grade
We'll rip in for first 20min then fade away. Or maybe we'll pull off the biggest upset ever?

K-Man

Bench
Geez Mullens short kicking is poor, two cheap turnovers and no pressure.

I talked about it in the other thread pre game. It's just not good enough. Not only do we regularly fail to score or force a repeat set from good positions, but we actually find ways to help the opposition downfield. It's so hard to watch, and it's every single match.

Why can't Mullen get himself into decent positions and take decent options on the last tackle? He's just totally incapable of it and it kills our momentum because even when we're playing well we don't maintain any pressure.

Nuffy

Bench
So the dream lasted for 11 mins. Very poor defence.

I also thought it was ordinary not stopping for Mullen.

K-Man

Bench
Hodkinson is just as guilty. TAKE CONTROL! Disgraceful last tackle options. We might as well have young halves with a bit of spark and creativity if we can't rely on our old experienced heads to show any composure under pressure. That's the whole point of these experienced halves, but they are destroying our good work in the middle in most matches.

Nuffy

Bench
Hodkinson is just as guilty. TAKE CONTROL! Disgraceful last tackle options. We might as well have young halves with a bit of spark and creativity if we can't rely on our old experienced heads to show any composure under pressure. That's the whole point of these experienced halves, but they are destroying our good work in the middle in most matches.

Yep, just dumb running it on the last from 30 out.

K-Man

Bench
Now that is halves owning the attack. Hunt and Milford stepping up and knowing it's their job to convert that pressure into points. Our halves would have settled the play with an inside ball to a forward, then kicked it straight into somebody's legs.