What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I wonder how many genders a bisexual would recognise
The amount of people in the world that identify as LGTBQI+ is estimated at 7%.

That swamps minority groups of people like some religions.

It's more than Buddism.
It's more that Judaism
It's more than the individual flavours of Orthodox.

Ironically, it's a culture war against these minorities promoted by people who identify as being aligned to a religion.

Criticise a religion however and they clutch their pearls. Even get sweary.

Facts are that same-sex relationships and non-heteronormative identities have been present and recognized in human societies across various cultures and historical periods, long before the advent of the Abrahamic religions and their fictional stories scriptures. Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, China / Japan and indigenous cultures all say hi.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The amount of people in the world that identify as LGTBQI+ is estimated at 7%.

That swamps minority groups of people like some religions.

It's more than Buddism.
It's more that Judaism
It's more than the individual flavours of Orthodox.

Ironically, it's a culture war against these minorities promoted by people who identify as being aligned to a religion.

Criticise a religion however and they clutch their pearls. Even get sweary.

Facts are that same-sex relationships and non-heteronormative identities have been present and recognized in human societies across various cultures and historical periods, long before the advent of the Abrahamic religions and their fictional stories scriptures. Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, China / Japan and indigenous cultures all say hi.

That’s all well and good and I’m all for respecting people no matter who they are, but when people are expected to ignore basic biological facts I personally believe that is a step too far.

The pronoun thing is bullshit imo, but I always try and respect it and wouldn’t go out of my way to deliberately offend anyone. As with most things it’s probably only a minor group of activists that go too far and overall I don’t really see it as a major issue.

Gronk

Staff member
That’s all well and good and I’m all for respecting people no matter who they are, but when people are expected to ignore basic biological facts I personally believe that is a step too far.

The pronoun thing is bullshit imo, but I always try and respect it and wouldn’t go out of my way to deliberately offend anyone. As with most things it’s probably only a minor group of activists that go too far and overall I don’t really see it as a major issue.

The biological facts are, that there is way more to it than some want to concede. Dangly bits often is a guide to the casual observer of gender, but is not the absolute answer.

What gender is this person ? She grew up an aussie girl, until she was told she was a boy. She is the I in LGTBTQI+.

This is only one example. I just don't know why people don't just butt out.

1721780164616.png

ImTheMan

Juniors
images

images

Gronkbot

ImTheMan

Juniors
Gronkbot on Kamala being a great debater. Links speech. Gronkbot on Trump being bad at debating. Links speech. Why don't you just watch Kamala's DNC debates before she recently railroaded (democratically, definitely not planned to wait until the last minute so they couldn't find an alternative through the normal process) her way to president long before Biden (Pelosi) "agreed" to it? They are good for a cackle.

Exposing Biden at the last minute was definitely not precalculated and malicious, Kamala is a sweetheart. A regular "girl next door" type. Pelosi is basically Mother Teresa just with a few more wrinkles. They definitely had no idea and were as shocked as we all were :eek: How naive of Pelosi and Kamala /s

*Sips Suntory*
KANPAI!

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The biological facts are, that there is way more to it than some want to concede. Dangly bits often is a guide to the casual observer of gender, but is not the absolute answer.

What gender is this person ? She grew up an aussie girl, until she was told she was a boy. She is the I in LGTBTQI+.

View attachment 91414
I do but out. But I can understand the argument that someone shouldn’t compel undefined speech? Surely you can concede that the argument has some merit?

I also think that a handful of examples in the margins doesn’t negate the handful of examples of where the definition of gender and the use of male and female (or other pronouns) is being used without any real defining characteristics and is creating confusion.

Again, not a major issue and just my opinion but I wouldn’t want to silence people who have concerns, just as I don’t think people who see themselves on a spectrum shouldn’t be heard. Sensible debate is healthy.

ImTheMan

Juniors

View attachment 91414
red-herring.png

ImTheMan

Juniors
All anyone has asked is how many genders are there? And which really matter scientifically? No one is denying Caitlin Jenner's existence in this marginal issue, but she picked one of two. No one needs an explanation of the issue.

It's your own Adult life to live the best way you see fit as long as you don't impose on scientific differences like sports, biologically female only spaces and also belief systems like all religous groups. It works both ways with belief systems, but I think some are more open to choosing your own destiny than others depending on interpretations even within those subgroups.

Do what you want Gronk, be free.

*Sips Suntory*
Kanpai!

Last edited: