What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

betcats

Referee
That is simply a function of physiology. Most players are right handed, and it is easier for right handers to throw passes right to left.

What separates the good teams from the rest is to have a right side attack that is effective enough to ensure the defence doesn't load up on one side and if they do - punish it.

Yep the passing is usually better to the left and as a result most coaches put their best weapons on that side so it becomes even more pronounced. But our right side is going pretty well, well enough to keep them honest.

WestyLife

First Grade
Leota seems to be the one missing out for me. Not sure how he only gets 25 minutes. Thought he was our best forward in his first stint & seems to have gone up another level from last year but his minutes seem to be decreasing. Seems pointless carrying Eiso & Leniu on the bench with Martin & May spending time in the middle.

Could be about managing workload through a 25 round season with the new rules.

franklin2323

Immortal
Last start against Beoncos we had an unmarked winger. Knights were better at keeping their defence but I've only watched once so far.

That same game Burton made a break and didn't pass to Crichton unmarked either. Sometimes not passing is the better option.

Momo did a decent pass to Staines early on that was a try saver by Oates though so it isn't like a pass is never done

franklin2323

Immortal
Leota seems to be the one missing out for me. Not sure how he only gets 25 minutes. Thought he was our best forward in his first stint & seems to have gone up another level from last year but his minutes seem to be decreasing. Seems pointless carrying Eiso & Leniu on the bench with Martin & May spending time in the middle.

Which is why I'd have Burton on the bench over Eisenhuth in the top 17. Much better having him giving Kikau a stint and have the props playing longer

martielang

Bench
Which is why I'd have Burton on the bench over Eisenhuth in the top 17. Much better having him giving Kikau a stint and have the props playing longer

I think if you're going to drop someone from the bench for Burton (which I agree), I think you'd have to keep the one with the bigger engine (being Eisenhuth) on the off-chance we get an early injury up front.

I like the idea of continuing with Crichton on the right and Burton on the left. Not that Momirovski has been bad, I think he’s been pretty decent. Good trade for Laurie. But Burton is just so much more talented, everything needs to be put towards winning the title this year. Imagine as well the luxury of having Burton out there if Cleary or Luai go down at a key moment?

Both Burton & May/Kenny in the 17 allows us to cover so many positions.

WestyLife

First Grade
I like the idea of continuing with Crichton on the right and Burton on the left. Not that Momirovski has been bad, I think he’s been pretty decent. Good trade for Laurie. But Burton is just so much more talented, everything needs to be put towards winning the title this year. Imagine as well the luxury of having Burton out there if Cleary or Luai go down at a key moment?

With Burton and May in the 17 injuries are almost irrelevant.

The_Frog

First Grade
Momo and Kenny will carve up in the reggies but that is where they're headed I feel. Neither deserve it although you shouldn't give a bloke you are competing with for a spot in the side a free kick by getting suspended.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think if you're going to drop someone from the bench for Burton (which I agree), I think you'd have to keep the one with the bigger engine (being Eisenhuth) on the off-chance we get an early injury up front.

Martin, JFH and Yeo are playing less minutes than last year. I think it has to be tactics. Depends on if Leinu or Leota can play longer than the 20 odd minutes they are now

franklin2323

Immortal

Burton hasn't had to work for any of the tries though. I think you put any of the centre options at left centre and they score them. Luai is really got that side going.

Burton should be in the 17 just not sure centre is better for the side

Smug Panther

First Grade
Burton hasn't had to work for any of the tries though. I think you put any of the centre options at left centre and they score them. Luai is really got that side going.

He runs the best lines in the side and this is just after a handful of games. He'll be f**king firing come September

Nah, some of the lines he runs are beautiful. Combined with his pace and that’s something Momirovski can’t do.

Centre is the clear spot for mine, otherwise he’ll just get a token 10 mins from the bench.