What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs. Tigers Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Saturday 27th of April 7:30pm.

McGuire likely to return, no fresh injuries to report.

Discuss

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'll copy pasta my response from BHQ:

I really think we will roll them. Coming back fresh from a buy, our current good form with some good new attacking plays, McG back in the squad, all those injuries for the Tigers, Loltzon, the list goes on.

The team shouldn't get complacent but we can. By all accounts, this should be a massacre.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh I always like a good Bronx v Tigers, but the last couple games we've always had an edge on form and injury over them.

Would love a big win to get our f/a up and will be very disappointed if we lose.

Watching the Test match Fri I was just praying that Hoffman wouldnt get injured or any of our other reps. Was a relief to see Rabbitohs may be over working Inglis and there could be a small chance he will be out for our round 8 clash.. That's a different topic though.

Chainshada

Juniors
Official Team list from nrl.com

Broncos

1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Scott Anderson
16 David Hala
17 Josh McGuire
18 Nick Slyney
Coach: Anthony Griffin

Good to see McGuire back, this should be a last chance for Maranta, if he doesn't step up his game, I hope he gets dropped back to QLD cup and we bring in Kemp and see how he goes.

Last edited:

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I don't see why everybody is so negative about Maranta. I don't think he's been brilliant, but he's been solid and done a pretty good job in my opinion.

AceAv

Juniors
I like this squad and have no problem with Maranta -if anyones gonna baby sit him well it's hodges! Please give examples of where Maranta has failed us -bare in mind its his 1st year and I see more in him than I did copperz

Hala+McG makes that bench look much stronger. With Anderson just filling that 25-45 period for our big boys. I think the bench is where we will win it towards the end..

Just really want to see our halves sync up. Prince needs to have a MASSIVE one here and a part of me thinks if benji was playing, he would step up harder vs his old counterpart... He tends to play like he is still 23 and 5x faster...

Last edited:

Morkel

Juniors
I don't see why everybody is so negative about Maranta. I don't think he's been brilliant, but he's been solid and done a pretty good job in my opinion.

Maranta's solid and will only do better. But I know there's been definitely one where he failed the Winger's Code of Finishing and put his body in to touch when scoring a try, when I thought he has enough room. More importantly there have been numerous occasions where the ball's gone out there with a fair bit of room, and if Kemp was there it would have been 4 points. With Maranta though, either Hodges has had to take it himself and get caught, or he's passed it and Maranta's been bundled or suffocated. Like I said, Maranta's solid, but if there's a better option let's use it.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This is a pretty important game for us, as it turns out. Depending on how Canberra go, winning this and winning it with a healthy F/A will guarantee a spot in the 8 for us for at least the next 3-4 rounds. Going into Origin, that could prove priceless.

Last edited:

Country Bronco

Juniors
This is a pretty important game for us, as it turns out. Depending on how Canberra go, winning this and winning it with a healthy F/A will guarantee a spot in the 8 for us for at least the next 3-4 rounds. Going into Origin, that could prove priceless.

Complacency is probably the biggest threat to us achieving this goal. Important game indeed if what you say is true. I just want us to put tigers to the sword anything else will be a disappointment.

Kaiden

Juniors
Is it me or could the Broncos easily reach 30/34 points this year, with a possible push for 36-38 points? if you have a look at the draw, we should gain wins against the Tigers (twice), Warriors, Eels and Bulldogs with a possibility of beating the Titans in round 10 and Raiders in round 13 before our first bye. Then between the byes, we should be able to win against the Sharks at home, with the possibility of beating the Warriors in Auckland. By this time (including both byes) the Broncos should be sitting on at least 24 points with the remaining 7 rounds in play, in saying this, we could win the games mentioned earlier that are not counted into this and we could possibly be on 30 points after our byes. In the last 7 games, winning 4 of them should be our standard (with the possibility of winning all 7) this would leave us on at least 32 points with an extreme, best case scenario possibility of reaching 38 points.

What do you guys think?

Country Bronco

Juniors
Is it me or could the Broncos easily reach 30/34 points this year, with a possible push for 36-38 points? if you have a look at the draw, we should gain wins against the Tigers (twice), Warriors, Eels and Bulldogs with a possibility of beating the Titans in round 10 and Raiders in round 13 before our first bye. Then between the byes, we should be able to win against the Sharks at home, with the possibility of beating the Warriors in Auckland. By this time (including both byes) the Broncos should be sitting on at least 24 points with the remaining 7 rounds in play, in saying this, we could win the games mentioned earlier that are not counted into this and we could possibly be on 30 points after our byes. In the last 7 games, winning 4 of them should be our standard (with the possibility of winning all 7) this would leave us on at least 32 points with an extreme, best case scenario possibility of reaching 38 points.

What do you guys think?

We're in a good position and have a reasonable draw atm. That could all change post origin. But realistically finishing on 30 points and inside the 8 is more likely than 38 points and top four position. Not interested in who we play its seems a easy run. Whilst Storm, Roosters, Souths and Manly are premiership contenders I think we're building to be competitive against these teams come finals time we need to be playing the brand of football that we are still a ways off from. But good post from you.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

Because we almost inevitably slump during Origin? We need as many premiership points as possible before that happens, and given the current F/A differential between us and the next four teams, it's going to take them a lot of work to catch up with us.

Chainshada

Juniors
Very ugly win..but we'll take the 2.

I think this showed that we are barely a top 8 team, both halves out injured and 3 injuries during the game and we barely scraped by.

Hodges was magnificent, parker and hannant very solid. Liked the look of Norman, but he really shouldn't have let that bomb bounce. Decent first game back for McGuire, and I really think Hala needs to go back to QCup for a while to build his fitness, 6 tackles and 10 metres just isn't worth having him on the bench as an impact forward.

Maranta needs to be dropped, every time he gets the ball, our momentum just stops, his saving grace over the last few rounds has been his defence, but that was nowhere to be seen tonight. Give Kemp a shot.

AceAv

Juniors
Well we came close to letting this one get away from us...

I think we looked brilliant on attack in the 1st, but should have scored 2x more and hit at least 1 of those conversions missed...

Hodges all class as usual and Gillet is looking like he is scheduled for an origin call up again!

We really could have lost to a sharper team tonight with the amount of penalties given away. Thank god the tigz knocked on so much to keep them out of the 1st half!

Their injuries helped us coming into the game and during! -Pretty bad luck from them, but jeez they seem frail!?

I liked Thaidays metres, but he is always so picked on in defense. The 2d tigz try was fkn lucky. I thought Norman was tackled mid air and the ball was stripped forward from the chaser... But o well

McG looked strong coming out and Hala also burned a good 12 mins. Hunt wasn't particularly good nor Prince tonight. Its amazing how much respect I gain for Wallace when this happens. He did some nice things on defense tonight and got hodges that brilliant line break when we were stuck in our 30 zone.

All in all great 39 mins and poor 2d half in total. Hope griffin cracks the whip on us for that effort.

3. Hodges
2. Hannant
1. Gillet

Chainshada

Juniors
Was watching with a mate.

Me: "Moltzen and Ayshford out injured, we should run away with this."
Mate: "Lawrence, not Ayshford."
Me: "Close enough."
2 mins later Ayshford breaks his leg.
Laughing Mate: "You jynxed him."