What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Penrith v GC

GongPanther

Referee
Us by a conservative 16 on a possible damp surface,. Unless the GC capitulate in the 1st half, then it could roll onto anything.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Like many games in the recent and not so recent past.

Penrith will need to be on their game, because Titians like many teams can and do cause mischief to teams resting on their laurels.

concentration will be the key. Not looking too far ahead.

Short turn around this week too.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Soni Luke is our hooker next year, not Mitch Kenny. Kenny is an honest toiler but he’s got very little attacking game, and its that spark out of dummy half thats made a big difference these last few years. Not saying Luke is a guarantee to bring that in FG, but that is his style of game.

Iamback

Coach
It wouldn’t surprise me if Soni Luke is our hooker next year, not Mitch Kenny. Kenny is an honest toiler but he’s got very little attacking game, and its that spark out of dummy half thats made a big difference these last few years. Not saying Luke is a guarantee to bring that in FG, but that is his style of game.

Can he make 50 tackles a game?

I think both get used?

Iamback

Coach
Yeah I think you’re right, both will be used, but Luke will be the main guy.

I don't think we get top 4 with Kenny at hooker and likely basic 2nd rower to replace Kikau.

so the more time Luke plays the better. Kenny is doing a decent enough job coming into the middle. So I see him starting and Luke coming on after 25 mins or so.

Ideally Mason or Ryley Smith get some quality gametime in NSW Cup across the season and gives more options moving forward

maple_69

Bench
I think that’s definitely our best bet at this stage. Kenny to bring his meat and 2 veg stability to the opening half hour then Luke to play the middle 30 as things open up and our attack is starting to stretch out. I reckon that has potential to be a good tandem.

Smith or Mason hitting their potential would be super handy though.

Second row is definitely our biggest need to bring someone of reasonable quality in. Martin/Tago/Geyer/Riki are the only internal options. Jury is out on Salmon as a longer term option.

Edwards, To’o, Jenkins/Turuva/May, Critta, Staines, Luai, Cleary, Leota, Kenny, Fish, Garner/Nikora/other external signing, Martin, Yeo, Luke, Tago, Leniu, Sorenson