What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Penrith v GC

The_Frog

First Grade
We haven't played anyone of great significance.
So who is of significance? Melbourne. That's it really. Sharks are next but they were well beaten by the Broncos and we've played the Broncos. Parra were beaten by the Tigers, we've got them next week and they will be a test. I would suggest Souths and Manly are still top 8 sides as well but below last year's standard.

Black Magik

Juniors
Is this the underdog round?

Every year this happens. The underdogs come out to play and the more fancied team play well below their ability.

Beware the Titan especially on home ground.

WestyLife

First Grade
So who is of significance? Melbourne. That's it really. Sharks are next but they were well beaten by the Broncos and we've played the Broncos. Parra were beaten by the Tigers, we've got them next week and they will be a test. I would suggest Souths and Manly are still top 8 sides as well but below last year's standard.

Eels and sharks both lost due to poor completions although Broncos are improving a lot over time. Eels won most stats but errors lost them the game and only by 1 point. I wouldn't write them off.

Iamback

Coach

This was always the easy part of the year.

The same can't be said for what is coming

Parra
Storm
Roosters
Into the Origin period

Then still have

Roosters
Sharks
Storm
Rabbitohs
Eels

We haven't been tested yet. Had a great start but the next few months is when it gets interesting.
Going into next week full strength is a huge benefit

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Eels and sharks both lost due to poor completions although Broncos are improving a lot over time. Eels won most stats but errors lost them the game and only by 1 point. I wouldn't write them off.

Eels are flat track bullies but they lift for the top sides. Being at home gets us home...But later in the year who knows

John Hamblin

Juniors
I would be very disappointed if we can't beat The Touch Football Titans. Play with the same intensity as last week and we should win well.

snickers007

Juniors
Interesting that we've flown Mitch Kenny up to QLD when he isn't in the final 19.
I wonder if we are flying back tonight?

Otherwise will be tight to get him back before NSW Cup at 3pm tomorrow.

Iamback

Coach
Interesting that we've flown Mitch Kenny up to QLD when he isn't in the final 19.
I wonder if we are flying back tonight?

Otherwise will be tight to get him back before NSW Cup at 3pm tomorrow.

You need to take 24 on away trips now.

Dragons got pumped v Parra in NSW Cup earlier in the year due to not having guys back in time. Should be fine in this case planned to fly back in the morning

Iamback

Coach
Wait, what?

The beat the Storm how many times in a row?

If they can't bully teams they struggle

Both games they lost this year were low scoring

Their losses last year they scored

Get them in the grind and they lose

Karnivayne

Juniors
Staines is awful, shouldn't be anywhere near this team at full strength.. even at half strength... shocking, adds nothing at all