What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Broncos

callmack1

Staff member
This whole Broncos game makes me sick to the stomach. It reeks of dodgey from the refs.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
super league and the nrl has wrecked the game with all its non understandable messy rules the game is SOFT ITS A CATASTROPHE FOR ALL!!!!!!...Shadow...

souths_reborn

Juniors
Tony Archer has just come out and admitted that we were dudded in regards to the Moga try. According to Archer, the referee should have called held. Interestingly, though Archer some how agrees with the on field referees decision that Milford DID NOT knock the ball on! That will do me! If that is not a knock on then I don't know what is! Furthermore, Archer has come out with obscure statement that the bunker is not allowed to adjudicate on knock ons for field goals; the bunker can only adjudicate on foul play and whether or not the ball has gone between the goal posts or cleared the crossbar. Once again, when did that come in and where does it say that in the rules? I thought at the start of the season it was confirmed that the bunker would be allowed to fully review all point scoring plays?
The link to the videos is below and taken from the Souths website
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/04/22/nrl_explains_decisio.html

CAFPOW

Juniors
For years, I wanted us to sign Dallas Johnson. If Calamari can put Kapow, Lawrence and Siro Jr on their backside all by himself, I think we might have found our Dallas Johnson.

Pommy

Coach
Tony Archer has just come out and admitted that we were dudded in regards to the Moga try. According to Archer, the referee should have called held. Interestingly, though Archer some how agrees with the on field referees decision that Milford DID NOT knock the ball on! That will do me! If that is not a knock on then I don't know what is! Furthermore, Archer has come out with obscure statement that the bunker is not allowed to adjudicate on knock ons for field goals; the bunker can only adjudicate on foul play and whether or not the ball has gone between the goal posts or cleared the crossbar. Once again, when did that come in and where does it say that in the rules? I thought at the start of the season it was confirmed that the bunker would be allowed to fully review all point scoring plays?
The link to the videos is below and taken from the Souths website
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/04/22/nrl_explains_decisio.html

I think Archers point was the call was made in real time and he backed him. The knock on is 50-50 if it wasn't for the earlier blunder nobody would be that bothered.
I'm sure he has his facts correct about what the bunker can and can't judge on given the spotlight is on him.

souths_reborn

Juniors
I think Archers point was the call was made in real time and he backed him. The knock on is 50-50 if it wasn't for the earlier blunder nobody would be that bothered.
I'm sure he has his facts correct about what the bunker can and can't judge on given the spotlight is on him.
I thought the whole point of these statement videos put out by the NRL is to clarify decisions, not use them as a forum for making statements about the quality of refereeing or carrying out agendas. Hence, I'm of the opinion the Archer genuinely thinks Milford didn't knock the ball on and says so in the video. If that had been the only error on the night made by the officials then I could live with it. However, in a game littered with refereeing blunders, missing that knock on was the straw that broke the camels back.

With regards to the bunker not being able to adjudicate on knock ons for field goals, that is simply ridiculous. When reviewing try's we review the entire sequence, so why can't we do it for field goals. Moreover, we were specifically told at the start of the season that the bunker could review all scoring plays. Obviously that is not the case and I really think there needs to be some sort of official clarification as to what the powers of the bunker are!

themacemaceman

Juniors
super league and the nrl has wrecked the game with all its non understandable messy rules the game is SOFT ITS A CATASTROPHE FOR ALL!!!!!!...Shadow...
I agree shadow.
The modern rule that irks me is the stripping the ball rule.
It's gone way to far now.
I think it was initial brought in to stop one bloke wrestling the ball off the ball carrier when there are 3 blokes hanging off him.
Now we reward players for having poor ball security (unless their surname is Burgess) by awarding them a penalty when they lose it in a tackle.
Go back to the old rule... you drop the ball.....scrum.
It will lead to less wrong decisions by the refs which change the momentum of the game and sometimes the result.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The knock on was absolutely f**king obvious. If somebody touched the ball and doesn't have control of the ball like Milford did before it hits the ground like it did then that is classified as a knock on. The bunker should be able to intervene with EVERYTHING. It's the only way decisions are gonna be correct. They just shouldn't have a useless referee in the bunker. The on field referee should have called for a review of it before awarding it just like last year when we were against the Titans and disallowed our field goal because of obstruction. There's no defending the referees here. They shouldnt see first grade for a while.