1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 8 v Raiders

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Jun 27, 2020.

1. avocado

avocado Juniors

Excellent investigation. You’re right on top of this. Well done. Seriously. Who cares.
    If Samy says he works for the club or if Old Timer says he saw Provan play or if you say you have friends then let’s just take all of that on face value and move on.

I’m an astronaut.

2. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Im McGregor .......:cool:

Old Timer, redv13 and Coffs dragon like this.
  3. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

No I'm Eugene

blacksafake likes this.
  4. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

I thought you were supposed to be me?

avocado likes this.
  5. avocado

avocado Juniors

I was until you changed your password.

muzby likes this.
  6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Looking at the speed and sheer intensity of the way the Eels, Roosters, Penrith, Tigpies, Storm, Manly & for the moment the Knights play the game I think the Raiders chance of a premiership has potentially passed them by.

The Raiders aren't anywhere near the form that took them so far last year and maybe that horse has bolted.

They are currently a good side but not the force they were but who knows maybe they can climb back however Bateman seems to be a huge loss and Scott is not quite working out for therm

Taking anything overly positive out of our performance against them would be window dressing and like putting bandaids on broken bones.

A real shame that TT wont be playing next week as I want us to play every team when they are at full strength to show the truth of who we are as a team.

7. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Bellamy doesn't let anyone go that he thinks will work for him, ie. Croft, Scott, the other Kaufusi & Widdop to a lesser degree.

8. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Cronk ?

BLM01 likes this.
  9. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

10. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

I’ve played with & against players at a good level who have played for & captained their state & country. But it doesn’t mean I know more than others nor should it give me the honour of being a condescending tool.

11. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Yet OT.. re Raiders
    Raiders will build nicely I believe there’s no point killing everybody now
    still a long way to go I think the Raiders will improve by the end of the year and maybe be in their prime by semi time

In regards to us wont matter re TT is playing or not... we will struggle
    but reckon they will be without AFB also

12. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Plenty that played at the highest level and are now in various media commentary boxes all around the country and they are dim whits when it comes to the game.

The furore in the Manly v Knights game is a classic example Channel 9 saying it was play on nothing to see there and Fox blowing up big time and suggesting manly were duded.

Aitken did play well last game and got my MOM but 1 pass in how many years?

Lomax streets in front but happy to say Aitken showed more last game than he has for many seasons so Gitano should rejoice in that and not by dumping on a young fellow who is growing nicely into his role in the side.

hazzbeen and blacksafake like this.
  13. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

A Cronk Widdop Smith Munster spine doesn’t look so bad.

blacksafake likes this.
  14. epDragon62

epDragon62 Bench

Nicely put OT. Aitken totally lost me over time and Git's endless carry on had been annoying...

Credit to Aitken that he has been much improved and had a good game against the Raiders.

If he continues to improve I will be very happy for EA but it's been too long coming to see him be more upside than downside.

Lomax is really developing very well and showing us some of his potential.

All this highlights to me the problem is the coaching, no doubt now heavily influenced by Flanagan.

Old Timer, hazzbeen and blacksafake like this.
  15. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

EA playing for a contract somewhere if not us
    no one should be surprised that’s what they do when they are threatened with NRL Extinction

Gitano said the other day how he probably is better as a left-hand centre and more suited there
    but was singing his praises as a right hand centre...
    So which is it?
    I must say I’ve never seen EA set up a try like Lomax started and finished for himself the other day in fact the try that EA burst through and setup has been about his first Like that for how many years?
    EA’s last 1 minute of fame Was when he stepped a non-fit Inglis 2 years ago and was touted for origin....that’s all she wrote

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Old Timer and blacksafake like this.
  16. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

I didn't even bother watching on Friday. I never miss matches but I cannot enjoy the McGregor Dragons anymore. Not even I thought it would come this far.

Call me weak or disloyal but the last few years have demonstrated that the fans don't matter, and rather than compete, for some reason the club is satisfied with making up numbers. It is just biding time til the coach goes but clearly it is the management that is rotten. It may take decades for change.

Losing on the road to bigger and better things is fine.
    Losing for the sake of convenience and loyalty to players and coaches is not something I will be part of.

What happen to the one month review of McGregor? Another scheme to quieten the fans. Now beating the Titans is the definition of success for our club.

Pathetic, so sick of the gutless board.

Slippery Morris and Hutty1986 like this.
  17. Belta

Belta Juniors

I’ll say I don’t direct any blame or feel you are disloyal after what has been dished up lately. I think it has to go both ways, the players need to put in 100% and the board owe it to the fans to react when their is long periods of unsatisfactory performances. I’ve lost a considerable amount of interest myself, to the degree that I I wasn’t going to watch the Roosters game as I wanted to save myself the frustration and inevitable despair. I succumbed and watched that game and also the Raiders game. Its not much I know but lately I do detect an improvement in the attitude of the players. There’s a few subtle changes to our style of play that I liked, however overall with , results the same I’m resigned to the fact this is nothing more than a gap year, maybe even two gap years. This year all I can realistically hope for is to see some positive areas that they we can build on. Im looking at the fact we could possibly spend the Friz money and JDB money (pending on that outcome) and do a mini rebuild and recalibrate and start again. That’s my main reason for watching now, I’m not even stressed when we lose.

thebigredv likes this.
  18. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Well with you being an astronaut you would certainly know you have some real space cadets lining up in this place to follow in your footsteps.

In fact most of the coaching staff also qualify.

hazzbeen likes this.
  19. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

And that pass to setup Dufty was just a shovel on. I haven’t seen him ever put footwork on someone, pull the winger in and fire out to setup our winger. He’s a powerful runner no doubt maybe he’s suited more to back row.

hazzbeen likes this.
  20. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Yea said the same before , good runner of the ball can't setup anyone ( very rare ) doesn't read a sliding defense , well .... So put him in the forwards where he doesn't have to pass the ball , tuck it under his arm and just run ..... Won't have to read the defense , more one on one tackles ...... Go Aitken play him as we do with Fritz now , a battering ram ....