What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

SaintPeter

Juniors
Comment on Saab last night.
I think he went great and has enormous potential. Will be good for whatever club he ends up at.
But, last night you could see that at times his fitness was not good.
I'm not blaming him but ask yourself would fitness or lack there of happen to a Melbourne rookie. We all know the answer.

BLM01

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2020/round-8/raiders-v-dragons/

you look at our stats dominant except the incredibly aweful kicking metres difference

our kicking is still the worst in the comp by far ....... even when we are even or ahead in other stats

PS 66 tackles my Mcinnes, Blake played well i thought and so to Ewan
80 mins stats mean nothing when the other side had 3 injuries and could be accused of putting the cue in the rack after 60.
What were the stats at the 60 min mark when the game was done anyway

gitano

Juniors
Not sure where you are getting your numbers from, but Raiders had 204 AR with 1773 ARM. If you work that out to a 5 tackle set before the kick, they averaged 43.5 per set.

We on the other had had 211 AR with 1926 ARM averaging 45.7 per set.

We dominated them stat wise across the park. It's our game plan that is killing us.
Absolutely meaningless stats. There's a 98.799% chance you've never played high level rugby league.

True_Believer

Juniors
Absolutely meaningless stats. There's a 98.799% chance you've never played high level rugby league.

If you had've read my post instead of getting all butt hurt over it, you would have seen that I agree with you. My point was that no matter what the stats say, we are still losing. In my opinion (as pointed out in my post) it is the game plan that is lacking. Our style of football is outdated and our execution is sluggish and telegraphed. The only time we look even remotely threatening is when we throw the plan out the window and play some ad-hoc footy.

Additionally, what I find ironic, is that you are so focussed on shooting down the quoting of stats in my post, you seem oblivious to the fact that you've manufactured your own stat to throw some validity behind your post. You can't say "stats are meaningless" and then make up your own stats to make a point. Well, I guess you can, but it does make you look pretty stupid.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Is this site in meltdown.
It's was harder to get on here than it us for to play well.
We can't compete with the good teams.
Which is a sad situation as a club.
Wondering if a problem I'm receiving duplicate posts hard to open. Must be problem thought maybe internet.

Como Connection

First Grade
Not con
Comment on Saab last night.
I think he went great and has enormous potential. Will be good for whatever club he ends up at.
But, last night you could see that at times his fitness was not good.
I'm not blaming him but ask yourself would fitness or lack there of happen to a Melbourne rookie. We all know the answer.
Not convinced at all with Saab, way out of position for the first try.
CC

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Why is it that all the Mensa candidates on here is think anyone who has a different opinion to them is an alt of mine?

redv13

Bench
Why is it that all the Mensa candidates on here is think anyone who has a different opinion to them is an alt of mine?
Must be hard work keeping this charade up orange man. You must be exhausted staying on top of it day in and day out??

TruSaint

Referee
i-dont-always-have-a-slow-internet-connection-23899039.png

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not con

CC
He did go a lot better for his second game of the season against well seasoned players by this stage. I loved that he was jumping up attacking the ball and not sitting back. I would prefer he do that and drop the odd one than sit there all limp and wait for it to bounce. Zac was the same, they are definitely getting better. I hope they build their combo throughout the year and he decides to stay. He's very raw but has more potential than Ravalawa.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not con

CC
He did go a lot better for his second game of the season against well seasoned players by this stage. I loved that he was jumping up attacking the ball and not sitting back. I would prefer he do that and drop the odd one than sit there all limp and wait for it to bounce. Zac was the same, they are definitely getting better. I hope they build their combo throughout the year and he decides to stay. He's very raw but has more potential than Ravalawa.

Old Timer

Coach
Come on OT, this is poor even by your standards..

By now you’d be saying my comprehension is so poor that I would misread a zero rainfall from the BOM to be a downpour..

Seems like you’re just spoiling for yet another fight..
muzby the provocateur at it yet again

Hopefully one day you might grow a pair and say what you really meant rather than just hiding behind all your innuendo.

You really want to call Dragonsamy out as having nothing to do with the club and that you think he is all bullshit in all respects of information he provides but rather than do that you use your little sly digs and keep needling.

The simple fact is that most other posters don't give a shit whether Dragonsamy does or doesn't work for the club or if he is at the game or not, they take it for what it is namely a person who we know nothing about trying to have input into a public forum.

You however want to be the Sherlock Holmes of the forum and try and belittle Dragonsamy at every opportunity which is decided bad form on your part both as a poster and a person with admin rights.

We all know many would put you on ignore to get rid of you but alas we don't have that at our disposal and your carry on trying to get into little sits and spats just makes a mockery of peoples efforts to talk football.

Your so called discussion about the weather is just another episode of you covering up what the intent of your post was because you lack the ticker to have a proper go.

RPG437

Juniors

Hopefully one day you might grow a pair and say what you really meant rather than just hiding behind all your innuendo.

You really want to call Dragonsamy out as having nothing to do with the club and that you think he is all bullshit in all respects of information he provides but rather than do that you use your little sly digs and keep needling.

The simple fact is that most other posters don't give a shit whether Dragonsamy does or doesn't work for the club or if he is at the game or not, they take it for what it is namely a person who we know nothing about trying to have input into a public forum.

You however want to be the Sherlock Holmes of the forum and try and belittle Dragonsamy at every opportunity which is decided bad form on your part both as a poster and a person with admin rights.

We all know many would put you on ignore to get rid of you but alas we don't have that at our disposal and your carry on trying to get into little sits and spats just makes a mockery of peoples efforts to talk football.

Your so called discussion about the weather is just another episode of you covering up what the intent of your post was because you lack the ticker to have a proper go.

Very well said OT :ok_hand:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Take it to the swamp you paranoid dinosaur.

As I said, you’re simply spoiling for another fight, so if you want one, take it there.

No one gives a shit about your obsession with me, and these repeated stoushes just ruin it for everyone else.

Latest posts