What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Knights Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
Two things you can count on as Origin times draws near ... the Broncos Origin candidates start to ramp up their performance, and Steve Simpson will make a comeback from injury.

beads6

First Grade
Knights are a huge chance at home IMO. The Broncos should win but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Knights get up in a close one. I am tipping the Broncos by 20 though.

league_guru

Juniors
Knights were unlucky not to win by 25+

Thought Brisbane with all their experience could have adapted to the conditions better.

Knights little men did well. Great game plan executed to perfection. Sad to see Lockyer have such a sh!tty game in #300

Big Pete

Referee
Newcastle have crashed Lockyer's party winning 28-12 in a wet contest.

3 - Joel Clinton: I thought he was our best player through out the contest. Ran the ball hard and created some nice space for our halves and defensively was quite strong.

2 - Israel Folau - Scored the first try and saved another. Probably his worst performance so it speaks volumes of the team performance.

1 - Darren Lockyer - Tried hard and put some nice kicks through, just a shame nobody supported him.

Well done Newcastle! Gloat all you want. :p

Apey

Staff member
Unlucky guys, very happy to get such an unexpected win though.

Good to see all of us Knights' fans cheering on Lockyer for his 300 too :cool:

8Ball

First Grade
PMSL at all the Broncos thinking we'd get a towelling.

Thats quite funny since half the people predicting the knights getting a flogging were knights fans.

Well done to the knights. Fully deserved.

perverse

Referee
you'll have no luck bombing to mcmanus. uate is a different story... however it's always a risk giving him the ball.
lol.. it's dangerous to give the ball to uate :cool:. funny that i got the mcmanus call wrong though... folau is just unbelievable under that high ball. unstoppable.

It was a great game to be at tonight (lots of drama and it was good to be at such a milestone for a champion player like lockyer). I wouldn't worry about the broncos... they had an off night tonight and were ambushed by a dedicated outfit. the broncos have been winning games well and doing it playing poorly... and when you play poorly and win you know you're a good team. if they click properly this year they will go a long way (as always).

Still, was great to finally get one up on you blokes! :D

beads6

First Grade
The Broncos once again didn't show up for this game much like the game against the Dragons. A lack of intensity seems to be the problem for the Broncos. Not to much harm done I had a feeling we would struggle but I was optimistic. Congrats to the Knights they have a good coach and a very under-rated side.

JW

Coach
3 - Clinton
2 - Thaiday
1 - Folau

A scrappy 3,2,1 mind you. Nothing to write home about for just about all of the 17. Chins up for Manly next week.

Big Pete

Referee
Could do with some more 3,2,1's. :)

After catching the replay I didn't think the boys were THAT diabolical and honestly I believe Newcastle did us some favours by highlighting our weaknesses. With that said I thought it really was "one of those games" where nothing goes right. Whenever we had Newcastle on the back-foot they'd give away a penalty abolishing any kind of momentum. Players received injuries and others just played poorly. I'd have to disagree with a point Johns Magic made, I didn't think Lockyer played too poorly, in fact I thought he was one of our better players on the night and his kicking game in the second half was fairly good.

Also on the replay I didn't think Wapau played too badly. Took some weak options in defence but I thought he was quite damaging with ball in hand and his offloading ability kept the Knights on the back-foot at stages (then we'd manage to screw it up with either a forward pass or knock on).

With that said, I hope we see a few changes come Tuesday. I believe the likes of McCullough and Glenn could benefit with a stint in Q Cup.

Latest posts