What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Knights - Discussion + Voting.

beads6

First Grade
would love to see Kemp back if he is ready. We will win this game I have no doubt. Glenn at hooker to start with is fine but I hope Henjak selects Baptiste on the bench or at the very least Norman on the bench to replace Glenn at hooker.

beads6

First Grade
1. Hoffman
2. Kemp/ Beale if Kemp unfit.
3. Te'o
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Tronc
9. Glenn
10. Dodds
11. Setu
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Lui
15. Anderson
16. Baptiste
17. Mcguire/Sims/Hala

Big Pete

Referee
Team I expect...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Denan Kemp
3. Ben Te'o
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Ben Hunt
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Alex Glenn
10. Shane Tronc
11. Lagi Setu
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Gerard Beale
15. Somebody who isn't Ashton Sims...
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Scott Anderson

My side...
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Denan Kemp
3. Ben Te'o
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Ben Hunt
8. Shane Tronc
9. Alex Glenn
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Lagi Setu
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Kurt Baptiste
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Scott Anderson

Boobidy

Juniors
Ivan Henjack is a moron and will select a terrible side again.

Team I would name

1. Hoffman
2. Michaels
3. Te'o
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Perry
8. Tronc
9. Roberts
10. Anderson
11. Thiaday
12. Glenn
13. Parker

14. Sims
15. Lui
16. Dodds
17. Setu

The selection of Perry and Roberts will confuse some, but they are the best hooker/half available to the Broncos at the moment. Baptiste and Hunt are simply not NRL standard. Lockyer plays his best when he has no organising at all to do. Perry is the opposite, he only plays well when the only thing he has to do is organise. They are a great pairing and Hunt is a joke of a footballer.

Also, some of us aren't going to be used to not having 2 wingers named on the bench...But I'm sure we can handle it.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
1Hoffman
2Kemp/Copley
3Folau
4Teo
5Yow Yeh
6Lockyer
7Hunt
8Lui
9Glenn
10Dodds
11Thaiday
12Setu
13Parker

14Tronc
15Sims
16Anderson
17Baptiste

user_nat

Coach
Stolen from the R8 Teams thread:
From the official Broncos site:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Denan Kemp
3 Ben Te’o
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Darren Lockyer ©
7 Ben Hunt
8 Shane Tronc
9 Alex Glenn
10 Mitchell Dodds
11 Dunamis Lui
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
Interchange:
14 Lagi Setu
15 Scott Anderson
16 Corey Norman
17 Steve Michaels

Round 8: The return of Steve Michaels.
No real surprises there, except Beale is finally gone. Not that Michaels is a great replacement.

Ark

Juniors
I wouldn't rush Kemp back into the side if he's not 100%.

Surely Michaels can handle a game on the wing, or better still use Norman/Copley there.

Can't quite understand why Ivan keeps naming a second back on the bench as opposed to Sims though...

Lycon79

Juniors
2 Backs on the bench again. I have defended Henjack for the past two years but am starting to think he is a f%$#ing muppet

Our go forward and defence under fatigue is the problem so lets throw an extra back in there...WHAT THE???:crazy::crazy:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I don't understand why he dropped Beale for Michaels, unless it was so Beale could get 80 mins game time in the lower grades. Beale plays fullback, centre, wing and hooker and even 5/8 to a pinch where as Michaels plays wing and tries to play centre... And he hasn't played either position well for a number of years now. Not even in QLD Cup...

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It must be that Teo will play centre for a while then will move into the backrow and Michaels moves into his preferred centre spot. The fact that Michaels is back means that our depth is getting thoroughly tested.

If it were up to me I'd select players in their best spots. 9. Baptiste, 3. Glenn and Teo to backrow. And Lui replace Michaels on the bench.

beads6

First Grade
The bench is really really pathetic, it just gives me no confidence at all. I was hoping to see Baptiste get a run off the bench. Not sure why Michaels comes straight back when we have Copley who seems to be in top form.

user_nat

Coach
If it were up to me I'd select players in their best spots. 9. Baptiste, 3. Glenn and Teo to backrow. And Lui replace Michaels on the bench.

Same.

I would really like to know why Henjak does things the way that he does.. someone should sneak into a media conference and ask him.

DeeJ

Bench
I hope Michaels shows how much he's improved since last year. I've always been a believer in his potential. As for the rest of the side its as much as I expected, I reckon Lui and Dodds will swap before kick off though.

I think Norman will be quite good at hooker in the later stages of the match. He could be a good dummy half runner as he is quite nippy and agile.

Would love to see Sims in the team every week, but obviously Henjak doesn't like him and wants to offload him at the end of the year. A shame really.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think Norman will be quite good at hooker in the later stages of the match. He could be a good dummy half runner as he is quite nippy and agile.

Would love to see Sims in the team every week, but obviously Henjak doesn't like him and wants to offload him at the end of the year. A shame really.

I was hoping that Norman could play a Ben Barba type role.

Yeah Sims is way out of favour. In other news, McGuire is back in the 20's (according to another forum).

beads6

First Grade
and Broncos.com.au

Beale is with him, as a five eigth.

The club has lost the plot IMO, Mcguire has had 2 years of under 20's let him be a man and play QLD cup. Also Beale played QLD cup most of last year why not let him have a chance to earn his spot back. :crazy: