What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Knights - Discussion + Voting.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Henjak is f**k wit. I don't understand 2 backs on the bench, it hasn't worked yet and it won't this week either. Starting Teo at centre and then moving him into the pack just don't work for me. That's when the doggies started to run amok down our left last week because the combination in defence was lost. Either start Michaels there or f**k him off, prefferably the latter and Keep Teo there and bring Sims onto the bench. Has Sims f**ked Ivans daughter or something, I just don't understand why he is not in the side and don't say form because plenty of others got more of a chance and showed little this year.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
like many other i think sims needs a recall. we need his size back in the pack. drop micheals and bring back sims henjak!!!

last week i didn't like the idea of teo at centre but he played there well last week and was good in defence as well so i don't mind that selection anymore.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I hope Michaels shows how much he's improved since last year. I've always been a believer in his potential. As for the rest of the side its as much as I expected, I reckon Lui and Dodds will swap before kick off though.

I think Norman will be quite good at hooker in the later stages of the match. He could be a good dummy half runner as he is quite nippy and agile.

Would love to see Sims in the team every week, but obviously Henjak doesn't like him and wants to offload him at the end of the year. A shame really.

The thing is, Michaels hasn't improved since last year...

Also, who are you to say that about Sims and Henjak? I'm only guessing but I think you are like the other 90% of people who have been bagging Henjak for not picking Sims and you wouldn't have the slightest clue of what he has been playing like in QLD Cup or what his attitude is like.

DeeJ

Bench

Also, who are you to say that about Sims and Henjak? I'm only guessing but I think you are like the other 90% of people who have been bagging Henjak for not picking Sims and you wouldn't have the slightest clue of what he has been playing like in QLD Cup or what his attitude is like.

I'm not bagging Henjak at all. I've always been supportive of him as the Broncos coach. Yeah from all reports Sims isn't setting the world on fire in QLD cup nor is he playing badly but his efforts in limited opportunities this year and the incredible form he had at the end of last year are too much for me to neglect.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
What happened to winterstein/mccullough? Injured? Surely he/they are better than steve michaels.

Yes they are injured. I think Winters is look at a week or 2 and I have heard various things about McCullough. Could be 2 weeks, could be the season. I can't exactly remember which one is correct now though?

DeeJ

Bench
McCullough is out for definitely a month. He has a pec tear so it could be the whole season.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
The club has lost the plot IMO, Mcguire has had 2 years of under 20's let him be a man and play QLD cup. Also Beale played QLD cup most of last year why not let him have a chance to earn his spot back. :crazy:

Beale played a few games for Wynnum at the start then the Broncos backflipped on their policy.

None of the Qld Cup blokes' form warrants NRL selection.

Seagullsrock

Juniors

'
Ditto for you. How do you know Michaels hasn't improved and how's he been playing in Q Cup?

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Maybe McGuire isn't earning his keep in QCup?

He and Sims did nothing for Norths last weekend. Brendon Gibb and Michael Spence were the best forwards in the Norths v Reddy game. Tim Natusch has been good for Wynnum the last few weeks. Would be surprised if his form hasn't been noticed.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Steve Michaels Earns Recall
Tristan Croll
Bronco Media

29/04/2010 3:41:26 PM

Steve Michaels hasn’t been seen any NRL action this year but his hard work off the field has paid off with Ivan Henjak pushing him back into the starting side.
It has been 16 games since Michaels last played at left centre but Coach Henjak says he has done the work and has deserved his spot back.
“He’s been playing well in Queensland Cup, doing his job there, training really well, and his attitude has been great,” said Henjak.
The move has pushed Ben Te’o back to the bench as the Broncos will have to match the size of the Newcastle pack.
“He’s (Michaels) a natural centre and it will give us a few more forwards on the bench.”

Not surprised Michaels gets a start. The Bench did need another forward. I guess we'll have a extra turnstile at suncorp stadium tomorrow night, it'll be on the field playing left centre. lol. All jokes aside. I hope michaels has a good game if not back to seagullsrock q cup.

screeder

Juniors
We can't expect him to play the house down first game back but hopefully he has a good game and gets back to top form within the next month or so. Some people here have forgotten what he can do but i'm telling you the dude can play. Looking forward to it.

beads6

First Grade
We can't expect him to play the house down first game back but hopefully he has a good game and gets back to top form within the next month or so. Some people here have forgotten what he can do but i'm telling you the dude can play. Looking forward to it.

I agree, also Michaels and Kemp are mates so they should have a good understanding of each other.

screeder

Juniors
Hey beads i've never let on before but i'm a bit of a Kemp lover but i can't compete with yourself as far as that goes.

Country Bronco

Juniors

I've bagged the sh*t out of michaels but i would be one of the first to sign up to his appreciation club if and when he plays to his ability.

MightyBronco

Juniors
I've bagged the sh*t out of michaels but i would be one of the first to sign up to his appreciation club if and when he plays to his ability.

I'm the same. He copped heaps from me. (deservedly - he was terrible). But every bloke deserves a second chance. I've seen him in a few QLD cup games this year and he went good. The guy is fast, esp when you see him live. So his attack is still good. But we all know thats not his problem.

I would put him on the same side as Locky. Sometimes 2 wrongs = a right.

Latest posts