What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd keep the same 17 & give Katoa more minutes. We were atrocious for large parts across the whole field & still should of got the win.

The hysteria over Peach at 6 is ridiculous. He won't be in the running for 5/8th of the year but so far he's done a solid job considering he's our 3rd choice option. We can & have won games with him there.

We are ave 25.5 points a game with Peachey at 5/8th. Hardly hopeless

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with a combo of MX and OP. We've got 3 problem areas. Slow service and no creativity from Wallace, Peach not being a 5/8, and a has been in the centre. Wallace and Peach aren't going anywhere, so moving Wallace to 5/8 and Peach to centre allows a rotation of Katoa and Egan at hooker (we're carrying one on the bench anyway).

Except Egan probably won't play this week. Done his shoulder again

superpanther

Juniors
I agree with a combo of MX and OP. We've got 3 problem areas. Slow service and no creativity from Wallace, Peach not being a 5/8, and a has been in the centre. Wallace and Peach aren't going anywhere, so moving Wallace to 5/8 and Peach to centre allows a rotation of Katoa and Egan at hooker (we're carrying one on the bench anyway).

as above I have noticed that Wallace has slowed remarked from last year. age catches up to everyone even the greatest players!!!!

Sime_11

Juniors
Wallace to 6, Peach to Centre, CHN to the Bench.

Wallace at 6 just so we have another option at half to keep the opposition guessing - opposition teams video session will heavily focus on how to pressure Maloney. and its unfair on peachy to provide a 5th tackle option when he clearly isn't a 6.

I hope the coaching staff heavily challenge the forward group (minus RCG - he's doing his job) to be a lot better this week - up against a few current NSW forwards - really step up, you cannot rely on RCG & Merrin to a lesser extent to lead by example - your in the team for a reason, show some effort ffs.....

kinghippo

Juniors
If we roll on with the same team hopefully Griffin will at least pair DWZ and CHN on one side and Whare crighton on the other. It could help with defence, not much in attack though

martielang

Bench
Teams would be more worried about Peach at 6 then Wallace IMO.

I would like to see Luai have a run but with the amount of injuries & inexperience in the squad, i'm just not sure it's the right time. From all I've seen Luai is a running 5/8th like Peach anyway, just with better distribution.

OldPanther

Coach
Teams would be more worried about Peach at 6 then Wallace IMO.

I would like to see Luai have a run but with the amount of injuries & inexperience in the squad, i'm just not sure it's the right time. From all I've seen Luai is a running 5/8th like Peach anyway, just with better distribution.

Well that's the attribute we are needing. A better passing/kicking game to help Maloney. It's not saying Peachey is bad he is just playing out of position and trying his best for the team.

If Egan is injured our next best option is just increasing the minutes for Katoa at hooker. Second 20 in each half would be good.

betcats

Referee
Did you watch NSW Cup? They were terrible. We have 7 FG out so are pretty limited ATM

We don't need to bring anyone up, just drop Whare, put peach in the centres and play Wallace in the halves, he cant do worse then peachey. Katoa/Egan share the hooking duties, easy.

Edit: IF Egan is out then let Sione play 80 or carry Luai on the bench. Both Egan and Katoa have starting hooker potential its time to give them a real go, Wallace wont be hear much longer his body isn't going to hold out tackling props for 60 80 minutes every week this season. And Whare is liability on both sides of the ball more often than not this kills two birds with one stone as far as I can see it.

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
merrin needs a kick up the ass for the penalties he gave away. He was holding players down to long, hands all over the ball.

franklin2323

Immortal
We don't need to bring anyone up, just drop Whare, put peach in the centres and play Wallace in the halves, he cant do worse then peachey. Katoa/Egan share the hooking duties, easy.

Edit: IF Egan is out then let Sione play 80 or carry Luai on the bench. Both Egan and Katoa have starting hooker potential its time to give them a real go, Wallace wont be hear much longer his body isn't going to hold out.

Luai isn't even NSW Cup standard ATM. Cleary himself is aiming to play round 10. We are scoring 25 points a game as is. Why change so dramatically for 2 weeks? Whare dropped it a few times. CHN/Peachey side had just as many breaks up it. So that is the side that needs help if any

franklin2323

Immortal
Not because Peachey has been a good 5/8. It was because our forwards dominated and Maloney controlled.

Brb just going to assume the fetal position in the corner while having flashbacks of 2015.

Doesn't matter why. Fact is it is working and within a month Cleary is back and we don't have this problem

Panfa

Juniors
Chn got caught for speed a few times out wide dogs will target him for sure one on one with morris or mbye peachey needs to go to centre

OldPanther

Coach
Doesn't matter why. Fact is it is working and within a month Cleary is back and we don't have this problem

Is it working though? As soon as we played a good defencive team Maloney got strangled. How many more points another half is worth I won't guess but I'd say there would be some surely.

If I were to concede the point to you I'd say at least have Wallace kick more. Give something to take the pressure off Maloney, anything.

franklin2323

Immortal
Chn got caught for speed a few times out wide dogs will target him for sure one on one with morris or mbye peachey needs to go to centre

Peachey was defending inside him both were just as to blame for the Sorensen try as the other. Also Peachey at centre wouldn't get enough ball. Everyone all decided to have shockers in the same game

franklin2323

Immortal
Is it working though? As soon as we played a good defencive team Maloney got strangled. How many more points another half is worth I won't guess but I'd say there would be some surely.

If I were to concede the point to you I'd say at least have Wallace kick more. Give something to take the pressure off Maloney, anything.

We still scored 4 tries against them. That would of won us the game if not for dumb defensive plays. Round 10 we will be able to name both May (after he plays a game of NSW Cup) and Cleary in our squad... Whether both play is the question. Then we can get a 2nd half in there.

Wallace is 5th in kick metres by non halves in the comp. so usually he does not sure why everyone was off so bad yesterday.

mxlegend99

Referee
[
Yeah Wallace at half is unlikely to be great. But he would certainly be more reliable than Peachey. So its atleast a small upgrade.

Peachey to centre over Whare. Huge upgrade.
Katoa/Egan hooker rotation. Huge upgrade also.

Latest posts