What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

betcats

Referee
Luai isn't even NSW Cup standard ATM. Cleary himself is aiming to play round 10. We are scoring 25 points a game as is. Why change so dramatically for 2 weeks? Whare dropped it a few times. CHN/Peachey side had just as many breaks up it. So that is the side that needs help if any

Whare isn’t NRL standard, he just isn’t anymore if you can’t see that you’re just biased toward him.

Peachey and chn are both playing out of position so no surprises there. We can’t afford to carry Whare anymore imo. If we can’t drop him now then drop him when Cleary is back but either way he has to go.

franklin2323

Immortal
Whare isn’t NRL standard, he just isn’t anymore if you can’t see that you’re just biased toward him.

Peachey and chn are both playing out of position so no surprises there. We can’t afford to carry Whare anymore imo. If we can’t drop him now then drop him when Cleary is back but either way he has to go.

We are not in a position to drop anyone yet. Even May is a chance to play centre when fit. That Dugan 70m run and Sorensen try came from the other side of the field. Though you can't even say to drop anyone from that either.

mxlegend99

Referee
We are not in a position to drop anyone yet. Even May is a chance to play centre when fit. That Dugan 70m run and Sorensen try came from the other side of the field. Though you can't even say to drop anyone from that either.
How are we in no position to drop anyone?

We have a much better left centre in Tyrone Peachey playing out of position in the halves.

OldPanther

Coach
How are we in no position to drop anyone?

We have a much better left centre in Tyrone Peachey playing out of position in the halves.

It's funny we were all saying Peachey needs to get out of centres because of his poor defence. Question is who does it next year when Peachey is gone.

Because its a 5 day turnaround and anyone you bring in is just going to disrupt the side's rhythm. And besides that, it seems like panic which is not warranted at this point.
Nothing can disrupt the side more than a 5/8 who runs around in literal circles refusing to pass the ball

mxlegend99

Referee
Because its a 5 day turnaround and anyone you bring in is just going to disrupt the side's rhythm. And besides that, it seems like panic which is not warranted at this point.
One player being dropped after a loss is not panic.

He has been a shadow of his former self since returning last year. His ACL injury happened over 2 years ago now. He has more than a season of footy under his belt now and he's not getting any better.

We have a much better option playing out of position. Not moving him is the wrong decision

Whare is not our best left centre
Peachey is not our best 5/8th
Wallace is not our best hooker.

We can improve 3 positions by dropping Whare. Moving Wallace to 6 and opening up a spot for a better hooker.

It's crazy not to improve 3 positions when there are so clearly better options fit and ready

TheFrog

Coach
We can improve 3 positions by dropping Whare. Moving Wallace to 6 and opening up a spot for a better hooker.
Having a major reshuiffle such as you describe on a 5 day turnaround would be a major panic. It won't happen. It was an option back in round 3 to put Wallace in the halves but the coach went the way he did, and we won the next 3 games. I don't even think Whare was all that bad as some are suggesting, but I'm not the coach.

mxlegend99

Referee
Having a major reshuiffle such as you describe on a 5 day turnaround would be a major panic. It won't happen. It was an option back in round 3 to put Wallace in the halves but the coach went the way he did, and we won the next 3 games.
We have better options available and you think sticking with an inferior lineup is the best solution? That reasoning means you would never ever make changes. Turnaround should not dictate the team.

Peachey has played more left centre than Whare has. And he has been MUCH MUCH better there than Whare has. Hes our best left centre. Easily.

Wallace has more experience in the halves than any player in our team aside from Maloney. He cant possibly be worse than Peachey at helping out Maloney. At worst he might just be the same.

Katoa is already playing hooker and doing better than Wallace in his time on the field. He just gets more minutes... more minutes of better service is a bad thing though right?

Deadset. Katoa coming in is not a shuffle at all. It already happens during the game.

Peachey to centre would play almost the exact same as he does at 6 only not be expected to be a playmaker. His second half against Titans is what he would do at centre.

The biggest change here is Wallace playing half. And his job would be do very basic.

If Whare. Peachey snd Wallace play as poorly in those positions as they did yesterday. How could that be better than having moved them?

franklin2323

Immortal
The left side conceded 0 line breaks. Only try scored was off a kick. The right on the other hand missed Sorensen for a try. Had Leuetele make another couple of breaks. Also should of pinned Dugan in the corner before a 70m that led to a crucial try.

Yet dropping a Left centre fixes all? Some people have no idea.

May, Blake and Cleary all should be top 17 players all year. So 3 need to go out for them. Who those 3 are we will soon find out but until NSW Cup get guys back changes aren't possible

betcats

Referee
The left side conceded 0 line breaks. Only try scored was off a kick. The right on the other hand missed Sorensen for a try. Had Leuetele make another couple of breaks. Also should of pinned Dugan in the corner before a 70m that led to a crucial try.

Yet dropping a Left centre fixes all? Some people have no idea.

May, Blake and Cleary all should be top 17 players all year. So 3 need to go out for them. Who those 3 are we will soon find out but until NSW Cup get guys back changes aren't possible

Ok let’s drop chn then lol what the f**k! I said let’s drop Whare for his dog shit hands and once again you move the goal posts with this defence argument.

I’m sorry but it should be obvious our 3rd choice five eithgth and our fourth choice centre aren’t going to be a great defensive unit. That will fix itself naturally once Waqa and Cleary come back who are both great defenders, when this happens whares hands will still be shit.

OldPanther

Coach
So I've now watched the last two ISP games and I'm not seeing the issue with Luai. It seems people are being overly critical.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ok let’s drop chn then lol what the f**k! I said let’s drop Whare for his dog shit hands and once again you move the goal posts with this defence argument.

I’m sorry but it should be obvious our 3rd choice five eithgth and our fourth choice centre aren’t going to be a great defensive unit. That will fix itself naturally once Waqa and Cleary come back who are both great defenders, when this happens whares hands will still be shit.

I agree they shouldn't be dropped. Over the last 4 games we have ave 14.5 points against. Scored 25.5 per game. Hardly been terrible it was just one of those games.

Cleary to half. Blake to centre. Alone fixes the above. May and Peachey in the 17 too. So many options then

OldPanther

Coach
What did he do on Sunday? I am curious to know what you saw in him

He wasn't Jonathan Thurston but he was what you'd expect. Has good passing, a step and can kick pretty well.

Would be better 6 to Maloney's 7 than Peachey in my opinion. The defence would have to worry about the extra options which would buy both time. I'm not even having a go at Griffin/Peachey. It is just a sensible move.

franklin2323

Immortal
He wasn't Jonathan Thurston but he was what you'd expect. Has good passing, a step and can kick pretty well.

Would be better 6 to Maloney's 7 than Peachey in my opinion. The defence would have to worry about the extra options which would buy both time. I'm not even having a go at Griffin/Peachey. It is just a sensible move.

His best attribute is his run game. He has dropped off that and seems to go MIA when we need something to happen.

I know you are good at finding footage. Look for him v Warriors in NSW Cup semi. That sort of stuff screams pick me ATM we are getting just a standard NSW Cup player

GongPanther

Referee
When all is said and done,the same squad will be picked for the Dogs game. Dropping players or shifting them around creates more headaches than it is worth although I was a bit surprised that CHN was selected in at centre after the experiment with Yeo flopped.

I think once we have lost three games in a row,that would be the apt time to start solid thinking about team changes.

martielang

Bench
3/4 with a plethora of injuries & Peach at 6 & Whare at centre.

Kidding yourselves if you think there’s going to be major changes, nor should there. We’ve gotta look short term until we get a couple of players back on board, & at the moment we’re getting results for the most part.

Latest posts