What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs The Silvertails (Manly)

betcats

Referee
Huth was a (or the) major player in that 20mins post half time when we were continually under the pump in our own half. Defensively he made some crucial try saving tackles. That dirty work gets overlooked while Leniu gets lorded for breaking a couple of tackles in his 8 minute stint...

You can't have a team that's all out attack. Huth is the definition of plod but he plod's effectively and his plod is needed to balance our side.

Yep I dont get the hate he gets. It doesnt really matter how lumbering and slow he looks, he makes metres and works hard in defence. It would be nice having another barnstormer to bring off the bench but the salary cap is a real thing, you cant have potential rep players in every position.

WestyLife

First Grade
Huth was a (or the) major player in that 20mins post half time when we were continually under the pump in our own half. Defensively he made some crucial try saving tackles. That dirty work gets overlooked while Leniu gets lorded for breaking a couple of tackles in his 8 minute stint...

You can't have a team that's all out attack. Huth is the definition of plod but he plod's effectively and his plod is needed to balance our side.

I'm pretty happy with him. A solid guy who gets through whatever work is required.

hindy111

Post Whore
May, Spencer, Eisenhuth or Martin can all play in the middle, im not sure what you are on about there but we are discussing how Yeo is clearly better than Brown. Are we going to hold playing big minutes against Yeo now are we? LOL f**k outta here with that rubbish. Being able to play big minutes is just another reason Yeo is the better player.

He plays more minutes, makes more tackles with an effective rate of 95 percent compared to Browns 87 percent. He is the leader of the best pack in the game mate. Brown brings some energy and offloads or breaks some tackles, he is a good player, no where Yeo's skill level or impact. Our whole attack revolves around Yeo, he plays big minutes because he can and he is probably the most important player we have after the halves. There is no drop off in Yeo's performance, he handles the minutes he gets.

OK Yeo is better.
What's so great about the rest of the pack? Kikau has imense skill along with lazy games and poor defence mixed in. The rest are just battering rams or workers.
Matterson,Jnr,Papali,Kafusi,Cartwright,Brown,Lane all have balls skills. Rcg and Niakuore are the only battering rams.
Superior pack.

The_Frog

First Grade
Which begs the question, why does Leniu play so few minutes? (last 4 games 19, 17, 20 and 25).

The_Frog

First Grade
OK Yeo is better.
What's so great about the rest of the pack? Kikau has imense skill along with lazy games and poor defence mixed in. The rest are just battering rams or workers.
Matterson,Jnr,Papali,Kafusi,Cartwright,Brown,Lane all have balls skills. Rcg and Niakuore are the only battering rams.
Superior pack.
You should save this for the week these sides meet. As long as they haven't gone off the boil by then as they are wont to do.

WestyLife

First Grade
OK Yeo is better.
Superior pack.

I'd never take yours over ours. Eels pack is missing heart. As soon as a team goes toe to toe with you they fold. Dragons, Broncos(they win that game if they don't have injuries), even dogs when they lifted for a period of game they went through you. The thing the Panthers pack has that the eels don't is the resolve to take a beating and keep going.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd never take yours over ours. Eels pack is missing heart. As soon as a team goes toe to toe with you they fold. Dragons, Broncos(they win that game if they don't have injuries), even dogs when they lifted for a period of game they went through you. The thing the Panthers pack has that the eels don't is the resolve to take a beating and keep going.

We will see. Eels haven't once fielded their strongest pack all season. But you might be correct

OK Yeo is better.
Superior pack.

That you even mentioned Cartwright is a concern. I’ve seen tougher women than that bloke.

Whilst balls skills in a forward can be great, not sure you need a whole pack of them. I’d rather my forwards are tough than skilful.

WestyLife

First Grade
That you even mentioned Cartwright is a concern. I’ve seen tougher women than that bloke.

Whilst balls skills in a forward can be great, not sure you need a whole pack of them. I’d rather my forwards are tough than skilful.

Only 2 teams to have won a gf in 4 years and neither have many ball playing forwards.

franklin2323

Immortal

It isn't so much him as the bench make up that is the issue. Martin should be prop. Leinu needs more minutes so does that leave a need for a 5th prop?

betcats

Referee
OK Yeo is better.
Superior pack.

Fish is the best prop in the game, the fact you havent even mentioned him as anything other than a battering ram shows you are being ridiculous, he is better than any forward you have, as are Kikau and Yeo. Capewell is better than any back rower you have also.

I dont mind you hindy but if you want to talk down our players and talk up Parra do it in that forum please.

hindy111

Post Whore
Fish is the best prop in the game, the fact you havent even mentioned him as anything other than a battering ram shows you are being ridiculous, he is better than any forward you have, as are Kikau and Yeo. Capewell is better than any back rower you have also.

I dont mind you hindy but if you want to talk down our players and talk up Parra do it in that forum please.

Payne Haas is the best prop in game imo.
He is a bigger, faster version of the fish who I rate highly. Maybe top 3?
I am not talking anyone down. Parras backline is slow and lethargic. Halves are average. Panthers have a better overall side.
Parras strength is their Forward pack and the King.

betcats

Referee
Payne Haas is the best prop in game imo.
He is a bigger, faster version of the fish who I rate highly. Maybe top 3?
I am not talking anyone down. Parras backline is slow and lethargic. Halves are average. Panthers have a better overall side.
Parras strength is their Forward pack and the King.

I think you are tbh you certainly aren't giving them the credit they deserve when comparing them with Parra players, either way if you want to discuss the Parramatta forward pack this is not the place to do it.

MugaB

Coach
OK Yeo is better.
Superior pack.
Fückn parra again, please go to parra pawwa pawwadice forum and bat over there
videotogif_2021.05.01_12.28.33.gif

snickers007

Juniors
Which begs the question, why does Leniu play so few minutes? (last 4 games 19, 17, 20 and 25).

I think his fitness might be an issue. Last week against the Knights, he only had 9 minutes before half-time, and then a rest. After the kick at the end of the Knights first set in the 2nd half, we has absolutely dawdling back. No urgency at all. And 7 mins into the 2nd half he was back on the bench.

If it is fitness, I'd be putting him back to NSW Cup, and giving him 55mins plus for a few weeks.

MugaB

Coach

I toldya he is a troll

Latest posts