What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

Willow

Assistant Moderator
At the end of the match between Manly and the wabbits a Souths player went up to the ref and shook his hand whilst enjoying a joke perhaps ?

Who knows what they were giggling about , however it was poor form by the ref who should had walked directly from the field at games end .

Col Pearce would always do just that as all the refs in those years .
Col Pearce famously said, "no one pays money to watch a man blow a whistle in the middle of a park."

Como Connection

First Grade
Used to know Blocker many years ago & he’s a good guy & fun to be around with.
You know he’s going to be cheering for the tigers when he’s commentating their games & I’m ok with that.
It’s the ones who don’t say boo when the dragons cop a rough decision that annoy me.
An old work pals sister Kathy is married to Steve, correct good guy.
CC

RedVee_8

Juniors
Excuse my ignorance on this rule, does it only apply to a defending side, if so Lomax was a defender in this case.
I think it changed recently

I believe there was a rule change made to protect both attacking and defending players. But Lomax couldn't evaporate into thin air and posed no danger. Protecting the tackled player was the original intention of the rule, so the League are losing their way on this one. Needs more tweaking.
^ this sounds right

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The bunkers reasoning of "Lomax attempted to go for the ball then changed it to take the player" will do me. In a split second the bunker knew what Lomax was thinking. Wow, that will do me. A penalty on the assumption of what the bunker thought the player was thinking.

Ricky Stuart is 100% accurate. The Bunker is killing the game. Unless they are 100% certain that the ref is wrong or missed foul play, then they should get involved. Otherwise stay out of it. Once they look at replays more than twice, it is obvious they are searching for something to go against the ref which is not supporting them at all. The ref has a split second to make a call, they have multiple replays and to get them incorrect is clear there is something going on. They are causing more controversy than there already was and the reason for their introduction was to cause less.

Latest posts