What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 9 v MANLY

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Now now now before anyone stresses out let's remember we made a few tackles and made a few metres. We only let 46 points in tonight and if you think about it over 26 rounds if we only let that much In on average our total against will equal up to 1196 points. So we just have to score over 1196 points over 26 rounds and we're sweet. I'm almost certain we can score 200 tries by a short pass to Sutton.

DiegoNT

First Grade
To be fair he got injured in game one and what did you expect he's been useless in red and green since 2014.
Bull f**king shit.
This team was Inglises team between 2012-2015. He was by far the best player in the comp. He was great week in week out. When we were poor in 2015 we still made the finals on the back of him being our player of the year. He came back into a team on a 7 game losing streak last year and was our best player as we finished the year with 4 wins on the trot.
In 2016 we became Sams team. Get rid off 5 players for sam. Anyone criticise sam and out the club they go. We've become a bumbling fumbling hopeless team since it becomes Sams team. we play like sam. Flashes of brilliance followed by huge bouts of inconsistency and going through the motions.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Honest about Sam? What that he is our best or 2nd best player?
That he isn't the player he was. He's not a superstar. There's literally half a dozen locks who could be better then him.
The whole 'he was the best player tonight ' arguement is bullshit. Swap out Mcguire, Jtrbo, merrin or de belin and they'd be the best player in our team. They'd be the best on a smaller contract with less drama and without 2 deadweights filling up our cap

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Bull f**king shit.
This team was Inglises team between 2012-2015. He was by far the best player in the comp. He was great week in week out. When we were poor in 2015 we still made the finals on the back of him being our player of the year. He came back into a team on a 7 game losing streak last year and was our best player as we finished the year with 4 wins on the trot.
In 2016 we became Sams team. Get rid off 5 players for sam. Anyone criticise sam and out the club they go. We've become a bumbling fumbling hopeless team since it becomes Sams team. we play like sam. Flashes of brilliance followed by huge bouts of inconsistency and going through the motions.

You can't really blame Sam. He was never going to be the man that rescued our team from the slide. He is a forward. It was the management who overpaid him but I don't think he was even overpaid.

I can't really see how Adam Reynolds is copping 0 blame when he's been terrible over the last few rounds. We did have an off game tonight but Reynolds has been off for the past couple of weeks.

Dogmatix

Juniors
NRL.com has Kyle Turner down for 7 missed tackles. I thought defence was his strong point

Maybe he needs a stint at the Bears to regain his focus

DiegoNT

First Grade
NRL.com has Kyle Turner down for 7 missed tackles. I thought defence was his strong point

Maybe he needs a stint at the Bears to regain his focus
Bloke was great all night. Through his body at hopeless causes all night because others were being trampled. That's why his missed tackled count is up.
Cook was trappled about a dozen times tonight but because he manages to flop back on a tackle after someone else finished it he is only registered at 2 missed tackles.
I know who put in a better effort and who needs to go to bears

Pommy

Coach
Bull f**king shit.

We made the finals in 2015 but you needed to add just about to The end of it.
Then we got knocked straight out and all I can remember about that game was GI didn't even bother to turn up.
We were as shit for much of 2015 as we have been since then.
Which 5 players went because of Sam? Because walker effectively sacked himself by being a little bitch and from memory the only one who actually got booted for Sam was pommy Chris.
Who's left because they questioned Sam? If you mean Keary wasn't his gripe that Sam wasn't standing up to Russell as he was telling everyone what a shambles 2015 had been? Even though Sam wasn't here in 2015 and it wasn't really his place to say anything.

Keep blaming the burgess boys and ignore we've got the best part of a million dollars sat on his arse for the season.
There's plenty of reasons to criticise the brothers but your like Rabs and his rants. Because you do it all the time it turns to white noise.

DiegoNT

First Grade
We made the finals in 2015 but you needed to add just about to The end of it.
Then we got knocked straight out and all I can remember about that game was GI didn't even bother to turn up.
We were as shit for much of 2015 as we have been since then.
Which 5 players went because of Sam? Because walker effectively sacked himself by being a little bitch and from memory the only one who actually got booted for Sam was pommy Chris.
Who's left because they questioned Sam? If you mean Keary wasn't his gripe that Sam wasn't standing up to Russell as he was telling everyone what a shambles 2015 had been? Even though Sam wasn't here in 2015 and it wasn't really his place to say anything.
2015 we made the finals
But it wasn't good enough.
Sam was the miracle cure, sam at all costs, sam is worth losing players over.
We are now staring down consecutive bottom 4 years.
Enough said

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If I was Madge right now I'd be stressing the f**k out. He is under some serious pressure after that. You can't give the same "it's not what we practiced at training" excuse. Our backline isn't up to it. I can only give credit to hunt.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Bull f**king shit.
Lolz Thurston and Smith say hi. SBW says hi in 2013. So does Cronk. And Slater. And a few more.

Inglis wasn't the driving force behind Souths run in 2014. Sam and George were. And Isaac Luke. Even T'eo was as important as Inglis.

If you actually think Inglis was better than Smith and Thurston by far overthat period I'm not sure you can be helped.

Curns13

Juniors
That he isn't the player he was. He's not a superstar. There's literally half a dozen locks who could be better then him.
The whole 'he was the best player tonight ' arguement is bullshit. Swap out Mcguire, Jtrbo, merrin or de belin and they'd be the best player in our team. They'd be the best on a smaller contract with less drama and without 2 deadweights filling up our cap
Merrin is on the same money, reportedly $750k, and how are his Panthers going?

CAFPOW

Juniors
I wonder what will Madge choose tonight..

"It's not what we practiced at training"
"We're learning"
"We have to work hard for each other"
"We didn't play for the full 80"

Have I missed anything?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I wonder what will Madge choose tonight..

"It's not what we practiced at training"
"We're learning"
"We have to work hard for each other"
"We didn't play for the full 80"

Have I missed anything?

"It's not the south Sydney way" no f**king shit hahaha

DiegoNT

First Grade
Lolz Thurston and Smith say hi. SBW says hi in 2013. So does Cronk. And Slater. And a few more.

Inglis wasn't the driving force behind Souths run in 2014. Sam and George were. And Isaac Luke. Even T'eo was as important as Inglis.

If you actually think Inglis was better than Smith and Thurston by far overthat period I'm not sure you can be helped.
Inglis was easily better then all those players in 2012-2014.
Inglis was our driving force in 2014. He was good week in week out from 2012 all the way to the gf. Sam hit top form for the last 10 weeks of 2014

doyen

Bench
That big kick in the guts we got last week hurt us a lot more than I thought!!

That was a 54 pts turnaround by Manly from a few weeks back against us.

We're pretty ordinary lately but not as bad as we displayed tonight!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Merrin is on the same money, reportedly $750k, and how are his Panthers going?
As bad as us. And he is copping shit. Swap him with sam and it'd be 'well he was still our best player' excuse we trot out for sam

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I think Inglis was definitely one of the best players in the comp in 2014 maybe not the undisputed #1 but he had to of been considered as one of the best at that time. I don't think anyone has been better than cameron smith for a while though.

Latest posts