What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

Bretto

Bench
Eels looked mildly decent against the Cows the other night. I get that funny feeling they're gonna do to us what they did last year. We really need to come out and smash their forwards to really take Hayne out of the mix. By rights we should win by 24, but something tells me we are gonna get ambushed.

Mr Saab

Referee
Was extremely confident vs Tigers and we just snuck home. Knew we would lose to Souffs.
Again very confident vs Pwarra

natheel

Coach
Usually a tough game regardless where each side is on the ladder. Good luck guys. Hoping at home we bring some passion and sneak home

I can see Norman stepping up against his future club though

Chainshada

Juniors
If our forwards step up this week, we should win comfortably..but half our games this year they just haven't turned up to play.

Dazzat

First Grade
Just as Melbourne were building up to a loss - coming back in the late stages of the game - so Parramatta are building for a win.

If their forward show the same aggression they did against North Queensland they will be very hard to beat.

Mannah, Moi Moi, Allgood and Paulo were very strong in the middle, and to be honest, our forwards with the exception of Gillett Parker have been well below par and need to step up.

Also for discussion sake, watched the QCup on the weekend and Kirk Baptiste is an absolute champion and must be pushing for selection.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Also for discussion sake, watched the QCup on the weekend and Kirk Baptiste is an absolute champion and must be pushing for selection.

But he also dislocated his shoulder early in the game, so I assume he will be out for a while now?

But he was VERY impressive before the injury.

unbreaK

Juniors
Just as Melbourne were building up to a loss - coming back in the late stages of the game - so Parramatta are building for a win.

If their forward show the same aggression they did against North Queensland they will be very hard to beat.

Mannah, Moi Moi, Allgood and Paulo were very strong in the middle, and to be honest, our forwards with the exception of Gillett Parker have been well below par and need to step up.

It's Kurt! :p

Big Pete

Referee
The return of Justin Hodges & Josh McGuire should help our cause but I'm very weary about this weekend.

I just hope Thaiday wasn't blowing smoke up people's asses during the press conference and is prepared to knuckle down and toughen up. Boys were taught a lesson in professionalism on Friday and they need to rise.

Right now, the Broncos biggest problem can't be solved by fantasy coaching. Dropping an out of form player isn't going to solve our problems (although it may help), players stepping up and winning the physical contest will.

Last edited:

unbreaK

Juniors
Right now, the Broncos biggest problem can't be solved by fantasy coaching. Dropping an out of form player isn't going to solve our problems (although it may help), players stepping up and winning the physical contest will.

/Agree

Our roster at the moment is pretty good, there's a few lapses in form amongst the playing group but as you said the main issue at the moment is certain people just not giving it 100% every run. Hopefully they snap out of it asap.

gUt

Coach
Eels are due a win but one hopes they've left it all on the park against the Cows.

Same can't be said of the Broncos after that second half so fingers crossed we can get the win here.

Thaiday will bounce back in this one.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If the boys are serious, they will make a statement of this game. Going into Origin period, you can't be struggling to get a win over a potential spoon side. I'm expecting a lot from the Forwards in this one. They need to make mince meat of Parras woeful defense and they also need to shut down Hayne hard.

Expect to see bombs from Prince and Wallace, a fair bit of attacking flair from Hoffman and Reed and the usual clangers from Maranta and Norman. Hodges to have a quiet comeback from injury.

Chainshada

Juniors
It's so beautiful..no Maranta..Too bad we didn't get a miracle and drop Prince though.

Broncos

1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Scott Prince
7 Peter Wallace
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Scott Anderson
16 David Hala
17 Jarrod Wallace
18 Josh McGuire
19 David Stagg
Coach: Anthony Griffin

NRL.com Team List. http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx?pid=nrlhome_teams

Dazzat

First Grade
Had to happen. Every time Maranta took the ball up in the last game it was very ugly. Completely owned and hardly started each set of 6 well.

Kahu has some more size and showed some glimpses against the Bunnies.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh I think Kahu under Hodges "wing" is going to be deadly. Very excited and have regained hope for Griffin's selection ability.

Gotta say Eels are a mixed bag this year. It all comes down to whether or not Hayne and Sandow decide to turn up. Should be a good game and I expect a win above 10pts for this.

Im going to go easy on Thaiday. The joys of becoming a Dad in the week before had obviously faded into the realities of becoming a dad and midnight feedings, emotional and un horny wives and dirty nappies could have easily taken there toll on his performance. Maybe if he has another shocker we give him a week or two off?

Latest posts