What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

beads6

First Grade
This might be true, but how the hell do guys like Anderson deserve a spot in the side then? At least when Sims runs the ball he makes decent yards.

Mate I want Sims in the team, I think he should have been there from the start. You don't need to argue with me!!

beads6

First Grade
I heard he is injured also. Doesn't worry me now I have accepted that he won't be picked and have moved on. I now can't get enough of big Doddsy.

screeder

Juniors
I'll be looking for Dodds to fire up and whack a few Storm forwards. He's got the potential to be one of the most punishing defenders in the game.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Does anyone know if the Storms test stars are backing up on Sunday? I haven't heard anything about Locky and Thaiday.

Big Pete

Referee
Spence to play match of his life

Greg White | 7th May 2010

CCA_07-05-2010_SPORT_06_michael_spence_t325.jpg
Michael Spence doing what he does best.

PERSISTENCE and desire has finally paid off and young rugby league player Michael Spence will make his long-awaited first grade debut for Brisbane Broncos this Sunday.
And what a tough opponent first up, with Melbourne Storm reeling from the agonies of their salary cap scandal and organising a hot reception for their northern visitors at the opening of the new AAMI Park stadium.
After his initial two seasons in Coffs Harbour under-7s, Michael won a string of premierships in Comets’ colours before catching the eye of Broncos talent scouts.
He earned a Country jumper and captained the Broncos’ Toyota Cup team to the grand final in 2008 and has spent the early part of this season with feeder club Redcliffe Dolphins.
Junior Comets’ committee member Mark Thomas said Michael had faced many battles to get to where he is today.
“Very few know how much hard work he’s had to put in and how many injuries he’s had to contend with,” he said.
“It’s a credit to him and his family and we’re very proud in both the senior and junior clubs of what Michael has achieved.”
Parents Greg and Maureen couldn’t be contacted yesterday as they were busily arranging a last-minute flight to Melbourne to watch their boy in action.
“I spoke to Maureen last night and the whole family is over the moon,” Thomas added.
“She said it will be the best Mother’s Day present ever, watching Michael play in elite company for the first time.”

http://www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2010/05/07/match-of-his-life-broncos-michael-spence/

Big Pete

Referee
Best of luck to Michael, he'll be the 188th Broncos player.

He didn't captain the Under 20's to the Grand Final either, that was Alex Glenn...as the commentators would've reminded everyone about at least 20 times.

screeder

Juniors
Ahh what did I say about you lot? One minute you think he's sh*t and the next you'll love him.

Seagulls, i've never thought he was sh*t and never said he was sh*t. Dunno where you got that from. I like the way he tackled from game 1 onward.

Lycon79

Juniors
I'm a bit sceptical on having a Spence debut in a game such as this where if we don't come with our "A game" we are gonna get towelled I think that is half of BHunts problem ATM. The lasting effect of some poor games on Debut.

Dazzat

First Grade
Doddsy ...? Pretty pal-ly their Beads.

I've seen a couple of decent shots in defence ... that's about it.

Latest posts