What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
Pretty darn surprised right now.

2. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
2. Parker

Hard to separate them.

Melbourne probably were trying to many things to early in the tackle count, rarely built up any pressure. Brisbane's cover defense was also much better than usual.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Pretty darn surprised right now.

2. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
2. Parker

Hard to separate them.

Melbourne probably were trying to many things to early in the tackle count, rarely built up any pressure. Brisbane's cover defense was also much better than usual.

Dropped ball definitely hurt the Storm. That, and the lack of direction with Smith missing. He really is vital to that team. If they lose him to this rort scandal (unlikely) they'll be at 6's and 7's for a long time.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Much improved but the storm looked a bit flat but the broncos were outstanding. Don't no who to give my points to.

What we did well.

1) Defense we pressured the storm raced off our line and shut down the storm on many occasions Finch was caught a couple of times.
2) We completed lots of our sets (can't remember the figure).
3) Our attack looked good.

I thought they all played really well.

my points go to
2) Thaiday - Another MOTM performance, terrorised Inglis down our right hand side, put on some nice in and aways on finch.
2) Lockyer - Marshalled norman and the other kids really well.
2) Folau - Had it all over GI, and was a real hanful.

Its a shame about hoffman though i thought he had been good up until he got injured and Beale did well in Hoffmans absence though. Norman looked really good at hlafback. And i will take back what i said about tronc i thought he played really well.

We won :crazy:

beads6

First Grade
Safe to say not many of us thought we would get up for the win. Good performance all round from the team, Thaiday, Parker and Lockyer were the stand outs. Full credit to Henjak for the re-shuffle prior to kick off. Hunt in the 9 works well for us and Norman is very good in the halves.

JW

Coach
After the Storm put on first points in their typical slickish fashion I thought it would end being business as usual, but what a brilliant effort by the boys to stick at it for the duration of the match. Plenty of energy for the full 80 and a HUGE improvement in many aspects of their defence.

Still can't believe we effing won, and comfortably.

3 - Thaiday
2 - Lockyer
1 - Parker

JW

Coach
Agreed Beads, Norman did surprisingly well at half. Didn't look uncomfortable at all and made some good decisions.

cornerposter

Juniors
Great team effort today. Strong performance by nearly all players. Points are hard to allocate but I'll go:
2 Thaiday
2 T'eo
1 Tronc
1 Folau

Really impressed with Norman's effort in the halves, particularly in the first half where he took control plenty of times.
A few players probably had their best game for us so far: Hunt; Anderson; Tronc & Beale.

Special mention to Sammy & Lockyer for their efforts after Friday's test and Ivan for the team's attitude, which was exemplary. So so so f**kin good to see them hold the ball. :clap:

grandorient

Bench
Congrats you Guys,

Memorable performance, great win. After seeing my Saints go down on Saturday, this at least has improved my spirits somewhat.

GO

screeder

Juniors
Got the result.

3 Lockyer
2 Thaiday
1 Norman

Most promising thing was after half time when Storm scored and thats when we have been letting the foot off the throat, the boys actually went on with an 80 min performance. Is Smith worth 28 pts? Maybe. Storm were a bit flat.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Good lord. I went out and didnt even watch the game. Just got in and went online to assess the damage and wtf?

The fix was on for sure.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Gutsy, allround team effort. The boys really worked hard off the ball in defence and closed down the Storms' inside options 9 times out of ten. Scott Anderson was quite strong up front and really had a decent game today. Corey Norman showed some quite "exciting glimpses" once more of his obvious potential and Sammy Thaiday truly is becoming a collosus 4 the mighty Brisbane Broncos. Well done Ivan Henjak, the pressure must b quite excruciating but you are handling it all with poise, dignity and an unwavering belief in not rolling over 4 all the deathriders in the media.
PS Get out Cullen......Hahahahahahaha

Ark

Juniors
3 Thaiday
2 Folau
1 Lockyer

Herculean effort from Sam Thaiday in both attack and defence, especially after backing up from the Test. All against a team that is supposedly 'unbeatable' according to a certain Cowboys player...

screeder

Juniors
3. \Did anyone else think the Yow Yeh penalty try should have been an 8 pointer? He grounded the ball, only to have it kicked out.

Totally. He grounded it and it should have been possible 8 pointer. Sort of a crucial stage of the game too.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
He didn't ground it, lost control of the ball. Although I swear Slater should have been sent off for being a grub of the highest order.

3- Thaiday
2- Norman (finally we have found a halfback!)
1-Folau

Mentions to Parker and Lockyer.

ps. Hope Wallace is out for a while so that Norman can have an extended go at halfback.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Wow!!!
3 Thaiday
2 Folau
1 Andersen

You could probably give points to all players seeing they all put in a good display. I choose to put andersen in my three as its the best i've seen him play for us. Interestingly we had so much success attacking inglis side of the field hopefully it was his cork injury letting him down today as nsw will surely have been watching with keen interest. Norman, Copley, Hoffman, Beale and Hunt all played well and seemed settled out there. We've got to match this performance next week against the titans cause a commited 80 will put us close to a win. Anything less and this win will be forgotten.

Latest posts