What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

Once Dead

Bench
It should have been a try.....but Head had the ability to ground it at least five times over....you dig your own grave sometimes.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If Head was awarded that try I would have taken it. But the fact is he placed himself in the position of blowing the try with a schoolyard put down. No excuse.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Matt Head himself knew it wasn't a try. As soon as his head swung straight around to the ref and he dropped his head that deadset gave it away that it wasn't a try.

super_coach said:
Like Eddie I was at the game,to me it was a try for all money,big big turn around in the game.
But gee the drags just dont seem to have any ideas,they are putting in effort but its all one out stuff. The tigers were ripe for the taking today and in the end won in a canter

cmon man we didnt play that bad???

Bronson in that opening 20 mins of the 2nd half was tearing it up with some great runs

i thought Payton was quiet in attack but in defense he was great Heighnington and Galea were awesome
Fulton,Lawrence,Farah,Hodgson,Collis,Halatau,O'Hara,Gibbs were all good

aids

Bench
Heighington's had three killer games in a row, galea was outstanding.
we either were very lucky today, or played rope-a-dope very well.
the attack thrown at the tired dragons in the last 15mins worked well.
either intentional or not

petetheileet

First Grade
yeh last 15-20mins didnt reflect the true game, but use stuck it out longer than us and deserved the 2 points

innsaneink

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
cmon man we didnt play that bad???

Bronson in that opening 20 mins of the 2nd half was tearing it up with some great runs

i thought Payton was quiet in attack but in defense he was great Heighnington and Galea were awesome
Fulton,Lawrence,Farah,Hodgson,Collis,Halatau,O'Hara,Gibbs were all good

Any decent team wouldve rolled us in the 2ndhalf....we're just lucky the dragons had less attacking ideas than we did. we had ample opportunity to put them away yet we farted around for 25 mins and allowed them to stay in the contest.

brooksy19

Bench
innsaneink said:
Any decent team wouldve rolled us in the 2ndhalf....we're just lucky the dragons had less attacking ideas than we did. we had ample opportunity to put them away yet we farted around for 25 mins and allowed them to stay in the contest.

We got the two points thoug Ink, always good to get them no matter how you play. Can't expect them the play like they did against Dogs/Storm every week.

legend

Coach
From what I saw this weekend, there aren't many decent teams this year and as much as it pains me to say it, the Tigers are emerging as a contender and one of the only decent teams in the NRL.

Balmain_Boy

That's the scary thing.

People claimed the competition was weak the year we won. Yet we are nowhere near capable of what we were in 2005, but are still (imo) capable of winning it this year. It's a bit sad really.

brooksy19

Bench
I'm still not convinced we're premiership contenders, I think we're morals for the top 8 though based on the last month at least.

smeghead

Bench
One thing which has occured in my opinion is that the NRL is more a team game than ever.

The team who plays for each other, especially in defence, will win the comp this year.

Teams full of people who think they are superstars and want to play one out are stifling the game currently.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Heads no try is just more proof that benefit of the doubt only applies to the home team in the video refs mind.

Well done Tigers, you're a better team in every way. The only thing I can possibly give yas sh*t for is you didn't even get out of 2nd gear to beat us. :lol: