What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round five :: BULLDOGS v Manly - Telstra, Saturday 7:30pm

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GAME > BULLDOGS v Manly
WHEN > Saturday 14 April, 7:30pm
WHERE > OUR HOME GROUND, TELSTRA STADIUM

TICKETS > Through Ticketek via internet or phone 132 849.

TEAMS > Bulldogs
Announcement expected Tuesday

Manly
Announcement expected Tuesday

Referee Announced Tuesday

Live on Fox Sports, ABC Grandstand.

Premier League we play Manly @ Telstra. 5:30pm.
Jersey Flegg against Manly at Belmore, 3:00pm.

KEEP UPDATED - visit www.bulldogs.com.au and http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au for the latest on the match.

Live scores on LU will be available:
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/liveu...php?matchid=46

And for those like me who are nerdy... here's the banner:

*soon*

should be a cracker of a game, hopefully a crowd of 20k+, with the way we played on friday, anything under 20k would be dissapointing

it will also be interesting to see, who folkes drops when O'Meley returns for this game, maybe Mcilwain or Kouparitsas

i think Roberts will remain in FG, but hopefully shifty returns also!

Timmah

Staff member
Lineup IMO:

Patten, El Masri, Millard, Tonga, Cutler, Holdsworth, Sherwin, O'Meley, Hughes, Mason, SBW, Ryan, Maitua
- McIlwain, Roberts, Armit, Hickey

not a bad line-up, i still think that folkes will chose between sherwin and roberts, and the other will miss out, i actually thought Cleal had a good game against the bunnies.

Timmah

Staff member
He did... maybe sub in him for Dallas. Poor guy can't cop a break even when we win by 24 points.

my predicted line-up:

1. Patten
2. El Masri
3. Millard
4. Tonga
5. Cutler
6. Holdsworth
7. Roberts (even though i want shifty to play, i think folkes will stick with Roberts)
8. O'Meley
9. Hughes
10. Mason
11. Williams
12. Ryan
13. Maitua

14. Armit
15. Cleal
16. Hickey
17. Mcilwain

Matt Orford, Steve Menzies and Steve Matai are all due back next week against the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium.

hopefully we can keep them away from 5 wins a row, go the dogs!

Moffo

Referee
unfortunately there'll only be 20 manly fans at the game

lucky to get 20k

Moffo said:
unfortunately there'll only be 20 manly fans at the game

lucky to get 20k

i doubt it, considering the fact that they have won 4 in a row, from what i heard they got a decent crowd against the roosters at aussie, so i guess we will have to wait and see.

Timmah

Staff member
Manly don't seem to travel when it comes to our ground.

Corresponding fixture last Easter Holidays vs Manly - 13,621

hopefully we see an improvement of last years crowd number, which was fairly dissapointing, hopefully a sea of blue white fans are out there on saturday, i was very impressed with the dogs attendance against the bunnies on friday.

obviouslyrat

Juniors
I would have to agree with jimmy's liineup, but i think perry might be on the bench. Hughes cant play the full 90 can he??

Also utai is due back, but cutler is back in form, scoring doubles for the last 2 games or so, what do you guys reckon, do we keep him in FG??

obviouslyrat said:
I would have to agree with jimmy's liineup, but i think perry might be on the bench. Hughes cant play the full 90 can he??

Also utai is due back, but cutler is back in form, scoring doubles for the last 2 games or so, what do you guys reckon, do we keep him in FG??

hughes played for the full 80 last week against the bunnies, i think it would be great to see utai back but cutler has been playing some great football so far, and in my opinion deserves to be in FG

C.P

Juniors
Well done to him, Cutler has really impressed this year and he has definately changed my past opinion of him. Lot more consistency, got the simple errors out of his game and most importantly has discovered how to find the tryline. IMO there is no way Folkes can drop him on current form.
Cleal is another who really ran with purpose last week and had his best game for us so far, so I would expect him to retain a spot.
Chris Armit seems to be down on form and confidence this year so although I would expect Folkesy to stick with him it wouldnt be a total surprise to see him have a stint in PL soon.
The most interesting selection this week will be whether Sherwin stays down again especially after such a dominant win. My feeling is that Folkesy will stick with the current combo and he'll stay rooted in PL for another week at least.

My lineup would be exactly as Jimmys predicted lineup.

Looking forward to Saturday night, hopefully we can bring another high flying team back to earth :D

hopefully mate,
they do have a good chance this week as they have won 4 in a row so far, but i think we have a great chance this week against them also, should be a good game!

>zuzu<

Juniors
Cutler - holds his spot
Roberts - holds his spot (sigh)
Hughes - Been playing 80 minutes since 2005

domdom

Juniors
this will be a cracker. i would say there will be a healthy eagles contingent at telstra.

in the corresponding fixture last season, the dogs were going through a bit of a form slump. this season, both teams are in some form and it will be one hell of a spectacle.

should be a top game, to see both packs match up will be worth the price of admission alone!

domdom said:
this will be a cracker. i would say there will be a healthy eagles contingent at telstra.

in the corresponding fixture last season, the dogs were going through a bit of a form slump. this season, both teams are in some form and it will be one hell of a spectacle.

should be a top game, to see both packs match up will be worth the price of admission alone!

it will be a top game on satuday, good luck to you guys for saturday!

Latest posts